• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The coyote is the mammal equivalent of the killer bee.

Jonathan Bailey

No member of the animal kingdom is as adaptable as the lowly coyote.
Man cannot possibly wipe them out in North America even if he were to try hard to make them extinct. They are becoming staples in America's larger cities. They are attacking dogs and cats plus small children. Farmers are losing lambs and calves to them right and left.

I say we need lots and lots and lots of coyote hunters. The only trouble is, a coyote is not nearly as pretty to mount for display in the home as a little red fox. So, 'yotes just need to be blown away like nasty rodents. There is little market for mangy coyote fur.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We need coyotes to keep the deer population in check.
They're also good for the anvil business.

epronovost

We need coyotes to keep the deer population in check.
They're also good for the anvil business.

Hunting coyotes also increases the risk of predation of the remaining ones against livestock for a variety of reason or even humans (though attacks of coyotes against human are still rather rare in the grand scheme of things).

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Man cannot possibly wipe them out in North America even if he were to try hard to make them extinct. They are becoming staples in America's larger cities. They are attacking dogs and cats plus small children. Farmers are losing lambs and calves to them right and left.

I say we need lots and lots and lots of coyote hunters. The only trouble is, a coyote is not nearly as pretty to mount for display in the home as a little red fox. So, 'yotes just need to be blown away like nasty rodents. There is little market for mangy coyote fur.

Maybe there's just too many of us.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
There is a new-ish idea called "the rights of nature". The idea is that a lake or a sea or a forest or an ecosystem should have the right to exist without being massively besmirched by humans. Because humans mostly do NOT take this idea seriously, we have disrupted most of the natural world. Lest you think this idea is only for softies, this orientation is ultimately critical, even for heartless bast##ds. We deplete our topsoil, our aquifers, our fisheries (and so on), at our peril.

That coyotes are flourishing is just the result of our mismanagement of our ecosystems.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
That I do agree. Blame that on politics.

There's some merit to this,Putin is encouraging procreation,Japan and singapore,Japan has been below replacement for a long time but why replace too many people that needed more resources than they had,ww2?.

Of course religion has a hand in this too,"go forth and multiply" doesn't help but ingnorance doesn't either so Wiley coyote is the least of our problems imo.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
they also help keep mice, rabbit, squirrel and a variety of other smaller animals under control. Messing with ecological balances because of poorly considered 'solutions' to problems that we create does not solve the problems...
And coyotes are geniuses.....super geniuses.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
There is a new-ish idea called "the rights of nature". The idea is that a lake or a sea or a forest or an ecosystem should have the right to exist without being massively besmirched by humans. Because humans mostly do NOT take this idea seriously, we have disrupted most of the natural world. Lest you think this idea is only for softies, this orientation is ultimately critical, even for heartless bast##ds. We deplete our topsoil, our aquifers, our fisheries (and so on), at our peril.

That coyotes are flourishing is just the result of our mismanagement of our ecosystems.
Deer are also flourishing in urban America in part because our cities...mainly the suburbs...are an almost ideal habitat for them...the same applies for raccoons, opossums, lots of birds, mice, rats and other critters...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I don't know I think rodents are a strong contender.

Their social and they swarm like killer bees..... And yep nibble away at the feet ....