• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Cost of the Unvaccinated

Who said anything about strangers using coercion, guilt, and ultimatums? You assume too much. How about intelligent, fact-based and data driven conversation? I’m really curious. I wonder what might convince people to get the jab.
People who are hesitant about vaccines have another option, monoclonal antibody treatment. Should make everyone happy now.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
People who are hesitant about vaccines have another option, monoclonal antibody treatment. Should make everyone happy now.
I heard an interesting cost comparison on NPR the other day.
Taxpayers pay for these costs.....
$20 Vaccine cost
$1250 Monoclonal antibody (MA) cost per dose
Ref....
Government Signs Deal For COVID-19 Treatments From Eli Lilly

And of course, there's also much less cost in delivering a couple
vaccinations than in hospitalizing someone to give MA treatment.
Even though a person's perceived cost is zero, the option of
getting sick enuf to require MA seems a poor choice....not just
cuz of being a burden upon those of us who pay taxes, but also
being sick is risky (death & long haul), & makes one feel lousy.

Last edited:
I heard an interesting cost comparison on NPR the other day.
Taxpayers pay for these costs.....
$20 Vaccine cost
$1250 Monoclonal antibody treatment cost
Not sure what you’re saying, but do you object because of cost? I’ve yet to hear of an adverse reaction to the monoclonal antibody treatment, the upfront cost may be more but the overall cost probably not.
Pros are that our society will be at peace because a solution for everyone now, no need for mandates, the cost for adverse affects of vaccines can’t be cheap and has to be figured into the costs as well.
This will give everyone the freedom to make their own choice.
I’m all for paying my own way to begin with and can take that cost up with my insurance company. Get gov’t out of the picture for healthcare.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not sure what you’re saying, but do you object because of cost?
You might've missed this in my edit....

I’ve yet to hear of an adverse reaction to the monoclonal antibody treatment...
Now you'll hear of them....
The safety and side effects of monoclonal antibodies - PubMed
COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibody Therapies - Patients

The main risk of eschewing vaccination in favor of the monoclonal
antibody treatment as Plan B after infection is the high risk of
Covid 19's short term & long term effects, eg, loss of smell, loss
of taste, weakness, mental fog, death.
Vaccination is the cheaper & lower risk option.
Pros are that our society will be at peace because a solution for everyone now, no need for mandates, the cost for adverse affects of vaccines can’t be cheap and has to be figured into the costs as well.
We all have the freedom to never visit the dentist for
checkups & maintenance. Those who don't have the
option of dentures. But is this a wise choice?

Another analogy...
We all have the option of not working for a living.
We could live on welfare in government housing,
being a burden on those who work.

You might've missed this in my edit....

Now you'll hear of them....
The safety and side effects of monoclonal antibodies - PubMed
COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibody Therapies - Patients

The main risk of eschewing vaccination in favor of the monoclonal
antibody treatment as Plan B after infection is the high risk of
Covid 19's short term & long term effects, eg, loss of smell, loss
of taste, weakness, mental fog, death.
Vaccination is the cheaper & lower risk option.

We all have the freedom to never visit the dentist for
checkups & maintenance. Those who don't have the
option of dentures. But is this a wise choice?

Another analogy...
We all have the option of not working for a living.
We could live on welfare in government housing,
being a burden on those who work.
Doesn’t seem like you will entertain any other option, I see this as problematic in our society

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
People who are hesitant about vaccines have another option, monoclonal antibody treatment.
If that supposedly is true, then how does one explain why we have roughly 750,000 deaths in the U.S. alone with most of them dying in hospitals?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Fascinating. For those who choose not to get vaccinated for questionable reasons, I wonder if there will be any convincing them. What will it take?
For a lot of them, the threat of losing their jobs. For instance:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/windsor-suspended-worker-hospitals-getting-vaccines-1.6188338

Something else that's helping: vaccination clinics at schools. Kids can consent to vaccines on their own, so suddenly anti-vax parents who have been blocking their kids from getting vaccines are finding it harder to stop kids who want to get them... and those anti-vax parents are pissed:

Students don’t need their parents signature to get a vaccine at school: WECHU

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Doesn’t seem like you will entertain any other option, I see this as problematic in our society
Oh, I'm willing to allow people to take their chances being
unvaccinated. But there'll be consequences they won't
like when businesses make their choices in dealing with'm.
And I'll criticize bad choices....like smoking, excessive
drinking, anti-vaxing, unsafe gun handling, DUI.

Oh, I'm willing to allow people to take their chances being
unvaccinated. But there'll be consequences they won't
like when businesses make their choices in dealing with'm.
And I'll criticize bad choices....like smoking, excessive
drinking, anti-vaxing, unsafe gun handling, DUI.
A lot of people have had Covid, recovered and are immune, monoclonal treatments and vaccine treatments are available so I’m not seeing how not getting this vaccine is irresponsible. Most of the public weren’t even high risk and if they got Covid they recovered like it was a bad cold or flu.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A lot of people have had Covid, recovered and are immune, monoclonal treatments and vaccine treatments are available so I’m not seeing how not getting this vaccine is irresponsible. Most of the public weren’t even high risk and if they got Covid they recovered like it was a bad cold or flu.
Most of the evidence so far indicates that recovered Covid
sufferers have still more immunity if they get vaccinated.
This will be more so as variants continue arriving, & vaccines
are designed to cope with them. It is so with flu vaccines.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

And there are more and more sources that say if one has had Covid and recovered and got vaccinated as well that they have even stronger immunity. Yay me!

If we can get rid of this from the human population quickly enough we may be able to rid us of Covid until another variant crosses the species barrier. Unfortunately new variants tend to arise in areas where it thrives, in other words in unvaccinated communities. It is a numbers game for how often a new variant shows up. It is not that hard to understand. Minor changes happen randomly. If a large population has it there will be more random changes increasing the odds of a new variant that works showing up. Most variations fail before we even notice them. We only see he successful ones, and not until they are well established. As a result their appearance often seems sudden.

Natural immunity is good for me and why would I take a vaccine? That makes no sense
The vaccine treatment still isn’t immunity and boosters are needed and is an option. People still get infected and sick, spread the disease, the good part is that you don’t get as sick and that’s a good thing.
People who aren’t sold on the vaccine for whatever reason have the MA option, more options or better vaccines may be developed but why fight about it.
The decisions should strictly be between doctor and patient, should be private without government intervention other than to assist the process of making treatments available.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Natural immunity is good for me and why would I take a vaccine? That makes no sense
The vaccine treatment still isn’t immunity and boosters are needed and is an option. People still get infected and sick, spread the disease, the good part is that you don’t get as sick and that’s a good thing.
People who aren’t sold on the vaccine for whatever reason have the MA option, more options or better vaccines may be developed but why fight about it.
The decisions should strictly be between doctor and patient, should be private without government intervention other than to assist the process of making treatments available.
Did you have Covid? If you had it then it will decrease your chances of getting it again. And if you have not had it you do not have "natural immunity".

Also, if you claim to be a Christian it is the Christian thing to do. For a minimal amount of pain you greatly reduce the risk that you will get sick and pass the disease onto others. Some of whom may die as a result. This should not be that hard of an idea to understand. If a person truly loves his brother as himself that person would have no problem getting vaccinated.

And you got your last claim wrong. It is wrong because it is misleading. People that have had the vaccination may get sick. That does not mean that they will. They come down with Covid at a much lower rate. And if they do get sick they are also much less likely to see severe effects. A fairly recent post from Oregon:

E-s2yrXXsAQSZCe.jpg:large

Please note, with over 50% of the population fully vaccinated the numbers of fully vaccinated would be higher for all of those statistics. And for the older people they should be much higher since they tend to be vaccinated about 80% of the time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
- Vaccination increases immunity for those who had Covid 19.
- It's not known how durable immunity acquired from Covid 19 is.
- Immune status of an individual concerns others, eg, employers,
airlines. Not everything is private.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The decision on medical treatment is between an individual and their doctor and is private.
Summary of the HIPAA Privacy Rule
Not always.
Foreign countries will bar people not vaxxed for certain diseases.
Medical staff will be required to pass some tests, eg, TB, & to be
vaxxed for some diseases, eg, hepatitis B. It's long been this way.
Public schools require vaxxing for various diseases, eg, polio (in
all 50 states).

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not always.
Foreign countries will bar people not vaxxed for certain diseases.
Medical staff will be required to pass some tests, eg, TB, & to be
vaxxed for some diseases, eg, hepatitis B. It's long been this way.
Public schools require vaxxing for various diseases, eg, polio (in
all 50 states).
He did not read his source. It was not written foolishly and has exceptions to the rules. Under section five of Permitted Uses and Disclosures.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He did not read his source. It was not written foolishly and has exceptions to the rules. Under section five of Permitted Uses and Disclosures.
It's odd how people put up with vaccination in many areas
before Covid. But that one disease has inspired new
desire for the right to get sick.