• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Contradiction of an All-powerful, All-knowing God

Oeste

Our thoughts cease to exist when we die according to the Bible at Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5.

This sounds more like proof texting rather than a proper exegesis. .

Psalms 146:4 is not a discourse on what happens when we die. If you look at the previous verses you'll see its talking about putting trust in powerful men, not about soul and spirits. Verse 4 simply tells us that when these men die men all their plans die with them.

So verses 3 & 4 must be understood together, rather than lifted out of their respective context.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 is one of the most quoted scriptures of Jehovah Witnesses. Strangely they can quote the first half of the verse, but I generally get a blank stare when I ask them to quote the rest. Here it is:

For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten. (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

Apparently Jehovah Witnesses believe the dead have no reward and their names are forgotten. Either that, or they believe they first half of the verse (the dead know nothing) and simply choose not to believe the latter.

We can exist in God's Book of Life. Because we are remembered by God, then Jesus will resurrect us - Revelation 1:18.

I don't understand why you use the word "resurrect" when in actuality you teach "recreate". There's nothing to resurrect when you believe you "cease to exist".

Yes, Jesus resurrected a real 4-day dead Lazarus. But Lazarus later died again because it was Not yet Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth. ( Never a clone )

But it is a clone if God needs to recreate you from memory. So the dead have no reward just like you claim in Ecclesiastes 9:5 and their name is forgotten because the recreated clone or duplicate can take his or her place.

I find at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that the ' future tense ' is used that there ' is going to be ' a 'resurrection'.........
Since Earth is God's footstool (Isaiah 66:1; Acts 7:49) then on Earth we all stand before God while on Earth.

Your jumping around from text to text rather then reading in context.

Everyone judged is standing before the throne, not someplace on earth.

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books Rev 20:12​