• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Consciousness of Reality

Ostronomos

Here we have the self-perceptual nature of reality explained within the following link.

Part of the argument expands on the idea that consciousness exists and is an undeniable part of reality:
  • Existence: Consciousness exists—it is an undeniable aspect of reality. Paraphrasing Descartes, “I experience therefore I am”.
God comes into play in the latter parts of the philosophical exposition.

The ebook begins with a bold statement in the first paragraph:

Finally, the human mind faces its own nature. By extending the information-theoretic paradigm, the informational nature of consciousness is uncovered. This gives rise to the very first formal description of consciousness. In attempts to bridge the chasm between the objective and subjective, scientists and philosophers have opened up to the unspeakable.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Here we have the self-perceptual nature of reality explained within the following link.

Part of the argument expands on the idea that consciousness exists and is an undeniable part of reality:
  • Existence: Consciousness exists—it is an undeniable aspect of reality. Paraphrasing Descartes, “I experience therefore I am”.
God comes into play in the latter parts of the philosophical exposition.

The ebook begins with a bold statement in the first paragraph:

Finally, the human mind faces its own nature. By extending the information-theoretic paradigm, the informational nature of consciousness is uncovered. This gives rise to the very first formal description of consciousness. In attempts to bridge the chasm between the objective and subjective, scientists and philosophers have opened up to the unspeakable.

What the heck is "pure consciousness"?
Consciousness is egotistical and this is just another example of it.

AlexanderG

Religious, spiritual, and philosophical ideas about consciousness are just that: ideas.

Some of our ideas are merely imaginary concepts in our heads, which do not correspond to reality, and some of our ideas do accurately correspond to reality. What tools can we use to tell which category an idea falls into? Religion, spirituality and philosophy can produce the ideas, but they have no reliable tools to tether any of these ideas to reality.

Until someone can reliably demonstrate an accurate correspondence to reality, then these ideas are likely only imaginary, and just as speculative and uninformative as any other imaginary idea. I'll bet this book offers no such demonstration.

The scientific method, which is a reliable tool to distinguish between real and imaginary things, currently holds the consensus view that consciousness is a product of the neurochemical activity in physical brains. I know many humans want to feel special and supernaturally smart, but our feelings don't dictate reality.

Last edited:

Ostronomos

Religious, spiritual, and philosophical ideas about consciousness are just that: ideas.

Some of our ideas are merely imaginary concepts in our heads, which do not correspond to reality, and some of our ideas do accurately correspond to reality. What tools can we use to tell which category an idea falls into? Religion, spirituality and philosophy can produce the ideas, but they have no reliable tools to tether any of these ideas to reality.

Until someone can reliably demonstrate an accurate correspondence to reality, then these ideas are likely only imaginary, and just as speculative and uninformative as any other imaginary idea. I'll bet this book offers no such demonstration.

The scientific method, which is a reliable tool to distinguish between real and imaginary things, currently holds the consensus view that consciousness is a product of the neurochemical activity in physical brains. I know many humans want to feel special and supernaturally smart, but our feelings don't dictate reality.

Au contraire, it is actually your precious scientific method that fails to correspond with reality. It merely corresponds to perceptual reality, which may or may not be material. Not the supernatural world which I know to be a 100% fact!

Last edited:

Ostronomos

As for science failing to back up claims about the supernatural please see this short 2018 documentary hosted by Brian Greene:

Ostronomos

I helped revolutionize Physics between the years of 2011 to 2018 with my shall we say "extraordinary insights" beyond anything you're capable of. All from the comfort of my mother's basement while ^. I don't just become the smartest person in the world, I become the ultimate human. Everything I say and do in that state is absolute perfection. You're just a moderately intelligent high IQer who has no clue of the supernatural dimension that lay beyond.

And even without it I can fly by a 142 IQ. And there's nothing I would change about that.

Kiss off now.

AlexanderG

Au contraire, it is actually your precious scientific method that fails to correspond with reality. It merely corresponds to perceptual reality, which may or may not be material. Not the supernatural world which I know to be a 100% fact!

The scientific method was created in order to accurately describe the reality we perceive. There is no problem here. To our great perceptible benefit, we can use science to create medicines that we perceive curing people, airplanes that we perceive are able to carry us through the sky, and much more. In particular, it uses novel future-testable predictions with models that accurately predict the result of new experiments before we ever run the test. This lets us accurately model apparent reality to our demonstrable advantage and utility. No supernatural model has ever been able to do this. It currently all resides in the category of imaginary ideas, like bigfoot and leprechauns.

Demonstrate that there is a supernatural world, using methods that are not clearly fallacious or outside the bounds of reason. No one has been able to this despite thousands of years trying, so I wish you good luck.

If your evidence also solves the problem of hard solipsism and can prove that the reality we perceive is in fact an illusion, then congratulations. You should apply for your Nobel Prize.

Last edited: