• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
Subject: Scientific Evidence That The Universe May Be Spinning. (Video title)

The "Axis of Evil" is a name given to an anomaly in astronomical observations of the Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB). The anomaly appears to give the plane of the Solar System and hence the location of Earth a greater significance than might be expected by chance – a result which has been claimed to be evidence of a departure from the Copernican principle.

Video and comments by Anton Petrov.

Notions:
1) A spinning Universe?
2) The Universe having poles?
3) Changes of constants?
4) A multipole alignment?
5) Groups of clockwise and anticlockwise spinning galaxies in the Universe? >
6) > and more significant and ordered in the hypothesized early Universe?
7) A Cosmic Web with interconnected strands of light and "luminous knots" of galactic formation?

What can the logical conclusion be of these observations?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The anomaly appears to give the plane of the Solar System and hence the location of Earth a greater significance than might be expected by chance

Why?

A spinning Universe?

So it appears from recent cosmological readings. Although not yet evidenced

The Universe having poles?

If its spinning then i would assume so

Changes of constants?

Constants change constantly as new data and more accurate measurement is gathered

A multipole alignment?

So spinning with a wobble? Just like earth does.

Groups of clockwise and anticlockwise spinning galaxies in the Universe?

Old news. There is even a huge swath of galaxies moving counter to the general universal expansion.

and more significant and ordered in the hypothesized early Universe?

Ordered?

A Cosmic Web with interconnected strands of light and "luminous knots" of galactic formation?

Actually galaxies between the nodes which as a consequence of their suns emit light.

Native

Native said:
Old news. There is even a huge swath of galaxies moving counter to the general universal expansion.
Note the term GROUPS of both.

Why is it that galaxies rotate both ways at all?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Native said:

Note the term GROUPS of both.

Why is it that galaxies rotate both ways at all?

Why not? Spinning objects, whatever the direction are attracted to each other by gravity.

Observe the planet's of our own solar system as a much smaller example

Native

Native said:
How can "gravity" make galaxies spinning in opposite directions at all?
I did not say that,please read what i wrote before making such comments
I was just asking you a question according to the video informations, assuming the standard explanation of gravitational formation.

How can "gravity" form two opposite rotation of galaxies?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Native said:
How can "gravity" make galaxies spinning in opposite directions at all?

I was just asking you a question according to the video informations, assuming the standard explanation of gravitational formation.

How can "gravity" form two opposite rotation of galaxies?

There are many factors involved in galaxy formation, not only gravity. However the gravity of nearby formations will effect the spin and those formations will be randomly distributed.

Pete in Panama

...What can the logical conclusion be of these observations?
--then again perhaps logic alone may end up being a bit dodgy. Like, if we want to be just logical we'd have to give equal time to cr@p like say, Last Thursdayism.

However putting it altogether in to an orderly understanding is quite an adventure. What strikes me is the fact that the more a researcher loves the subject the more questions come to him, and when he's finished w/ his study he's ending up w/ more questions than with which he had begun.

My take /w them w/ all the answers is that they're usually full of it.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Subject: Scientific Evidence That The Universe May Be Spinning. (Video title)

The "Axis of Evil" is a name given to an anomaly in astronomical observations of the Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB). The anomaly appears to give the plane of the Solar System and hence the location of Earth a greater significance than might be expected by chance – a result which has been claimed to be evidence of a departure from the Copernican principle.

Video and comments by Anton Petrov.

Notions:
1) A spinning Universe?
2) The Universe having poles?
3) Changes of constants?
4) A multipole alignment?
5) Groups of clockwise and anticlockwise spinning galaxies in the Universe? >
6) > and more significant and ordered in the hypothesized early Universe?
7) A Cosmic Web with interconnected strands of light and "luminous knots" of galactic formation?

What can the logical conclusion be of these observations?

A followup article by the same author suggests this is a problem in the way that spin axes are determined automatically. Even a slight bias in the processing can give this type of mistake.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2101.04068.pdf

Native

However the gravity of nearby formations will effect the spin and those formations will be randomly distributed.
How can the assumed "two-body" linear working gravity cause something to rotate in different directions?

Native

However putting it altogether in to an orderly understanding is quite an adventure. What strikes me is the fact that the more a researcher loves the subject the more questions come to him, and when he's finished w/ his study he's ending up w/ more questions than with which he had begun.
This sounds very much as standing statements of "standard cosmology" :)

Native

A followup article by the same author suggests this is a problem in the way that spin axes are determined automatically.

Of course a spin isn´t determined to come automatically. This is just a statement which derives from the absence of causal knowledge.

Even a slight bias in the processing can give this type of mistake.
ALL kind of biases can cause mistakes - you know where to look for such.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
How can the assumed "two-body" linear working gravity cause something to rotate in different directions?

If the initial motions are not directly towards each other, gravity will produce elliptical orbits. If you have a LOT of objects initially, moving in random directions, you will tend to end up with rotation.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
A followup article by the same author suggests this is a problem in the way that spin axes are determined automatically.
Of course a spin isn´t determined to come automatically. This is just a statement which derives from the absence of causal knowledge.

You aren't understanding what is going on. We take the pictures of the sky and use a computer to determine the direction of rotation. THAT is done automatically without human involvement.

if there is a bias in this process, the results will be wrong. And there are a number of situations where the software used in the original paper shows such biases.

Even a slight bias in the processing can give this type of mistake.
ALL kind of biases can cause mistakes - you know where to look for such.

And, in this case, the biases are in the software used to determine direction of galaxy rotation. Again, as noted by the original author.

Native

Last edited: