• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Church who's venerated saints are likely Cheech and Chong.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Narkotic Drugs is death.
You do realize that those substances listed are used in sacred rituals for worship of the Divine? They aren't being used to just get stoned and flake out, like "hey dude, whoa... trippy man". You don't understand the difference? That would be like saying taking communion wine is "getting drunk".

Again, where does it say that a religious practitioner may not use as consciousness expanding substances as an act of religious devotion? Tribal cultures have used peyote for ages. Shamanic practices, and so forth. Yet, you can just say, no to them, just because?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do what you want, but Eastern Orthodox Christianity is against harmful (to the body) drugs.
I didn't say I want to do this. Simply because I defend it, does not mean I do it. I defend someone's practice to worship the Virgin Mary for them, but that doesn't me I do that myself. Why do you assume?

And who is it saying that is harmful to the body? You are ignoring religious cultures the world over who have used these for ages. You sit in the seat of God and judge others, do you? Now, let's talk about sin, shall we?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I will add another ban to my CV.
You state an indefensible position, and when called on it, you stuff cotton in ears. Just say no to thinking outside your hard beliefs. Shoot the messengers. Doesn't change the facts.

Last edited: