• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the True Church of Jesus Christ Upon the Earth

FFH

Veteran Member
The Lord has asked me to testify of the truthfulness of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

There is NO OTHER church found on the earth which contains the complete (fullness of the) gospel of Jesus Christ.

I testify of this truth to all who read this.

I have such an intense testimony of this. I've never doubted it and have always known it, since the time I began to comprehend my own existence, at such a very young age.

Sad to say, though, I rarely tesitfied of my knowledge of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, found in the LDS faith, until I went on a mission to Japan. I never teistified of my faith to my own family and friends, those who needed to hear my testimony the most. I remained silent for some reason. I guess I felt all knew what I knew and that they had no doubts either. I'm finding out that i was so wrong in assuming this.

I feel like I've failed the Lord in this respect, by not testifying of the knowledge that was given to me at such a very young age. Literally I must have been around 4 when I realized who I was and my role in this world. The Lord just downloaded info to my brain of the truthfulness of the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ found in the LDS faith ONLY.

Also I don't bear my testimony in church, cuz I always feel like those in church also already know the church is true, so why bother testifying of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, when everyone in the congregation already knows this fact. Well I'm finding out so many have doubts. just always assumed people felt as I felt and knew what I knew was true, which is that this church is the only church containing the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I'm finding out that so many so very close to me have doubts, including my own father, which I didn't realize until now. So in recent months the Lord has prompted me to voice my strong testimony to my own father and mother, and to those closest to me, and to all those who may need to hear my strong testimony.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Thanks FFH. Can I ask a follow up question? How do you feel about Jesus Christ? What does he mean to you?
Proverbs 18:24
A man that hath friends must show himself friendly; and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

Jesus Christ is my Savior, my closest friend, my brother, my spiritual father, my Redeemer, the lover of my soul.

Jesus Christ took upon himself my sins so that I won't have to suffer for eternity, if I but repent and turn from this wicked world of sin.

Last edited:
I do take a slight Whitmerite opinion on this matter - no ONE church can ever be the true church. a Church is a group of people together in the name of Jesus Christ, and that goes beyond any limited denomination.

"And thus, notwithstanding there being many churches they were all one church, yea, even the church of God; for there was nothing preached in all the churches except it were repentance and faith in God."
-- Mosiah 25:22

Thus, anyone who is baptised in the name of Christ is part of this larger, collective Church, and the Book of Mormon is simple, sublime, and succinct!

"And it came to pass that they did do all things even as Jesus had commanded them. And they who were baptized in the name of Jesus were called the church of Christ."
-- 3 Nephi 26:20-21

tomato1236

Ninja Master
I do take a slight Whitmerite opinion on this matter - no ONE church can ever be the true church. a Church is a group of people together in the name of Jesus Christ, and that goes beyond any limited denomination.

Hi. I can respect your belief here, but you should understand that it IS the stance of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and its members that it is the only true church. We recognize that other religions have some truth, and that in most cases they do terrific things for their followers, but the LDS church has the fulness of the gospel including God's principles, ordinances and authority.

"And thus, notwithstanding there being many churches they were all one church, yea, even the church of God; for there was nothing preached in all the churches except it were repentance and faith in God."
-- Mosiah 25:22

Thus, anyone who is baptised in the name of Christ is part of this larger, collective Church, and the Book of Mormon is simple, sublime, and succinct!

You're free to misinterpret the Book of Mormon, but keep in mind:
In the setting of the writings of Mosiah, there was not the diversity of Christian faiths that we see in the world today. There were essentially believers and unbelievers. Today in the church, there are many churches, or congretations, but they are all one church, the church of God. The Book of Mormon is correct, but only insofar as you interpret it correctly, which requires reading not only a verse, but its context as well.

"And it came to pass that they did do all things even as Jesus had commanded them. And they who were baptized in the name of Jesus were called the church of Christ."
-- 3 Nephi 26:20-21

Again, Jesus had appeared to these folks only 15 chapters earlier and taught them. For a significant period after this visit, the Nephite people were all living righteously according to the teachings of Christ. They who were baptized in the name of Jesus were called the church of Christ, yes, because there was only one faith and one baptism, and the authority to baptize was present. We claim to hold the same faith, receive the same baptism and have the same authority as the apostles of the new testament, the prophets of the old testament, and those you're reading about in the Book of Mormon.