• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Christian Right Is Going All Out to Make Sure Donald Trump Gets Re-Elected

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I'm not seeing allot of substance coming from the left lately.

Or the right. Politics are too tied up with profit rather than building safe and functional communities. At least the left is willing to admit the reality of and attempt solutions for climate change and other environmental issues and fight for the freedoms of minorities. I just wish they didn't have to engage themselves in political grandstanding.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Nope, but the lefts overreaction to it is funny. Just like with N.Korea. Y'all freaked out Trump gonna start a war. Then he settles things peacefully with N.Korea then you accuse him of being too soft on N.Korea.

The hypocrisy is hillarious not the situation.

There's justification in getting freaked out by war, especially with this recent buildup of nuclear weapons. Overreacting to the potential for war is far more rational than underestimating humanity's ability to destroy itself.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

"Now that Donald Trump has put refugee children in concentration camps, nearly bombed Iran over problems he created, been accused of rape (again), inspired a rash of White Nationalism, and continued his assault on our democracy through his constant barrage of lies, how are white evangelical Christians going to respond in 2020?

They’re gearing up to keep him in office for another four years.

According to The Hill, Christian Right groups preparing to spend tens of millions of dollars to register their voters and paint Democrats as the real extremists.

The Faith and Freedom Coalition will spend tens of millions of dollars on a voter mobilization effort that aims to register 1 million Christians in key battleground states and reach 30 million people nationwide.

The group, which is led by conservative activist Ralph Reed, will pump literature into more than 100,000 churches across 18 states, primarily focusing on the presidential battlegrounds but also with an eye on contested House and Senate races.

The Susan B. Anthony (SBA) List, an anti-abortion rights group, has a budget of $41 million this campaign cycle to “expose the extremism of Trump’s opponents,” among other initiatives.

And the Family Research Council’s political action arm is activating its network of churches and community impact teams in North Carolina, Michigan, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas to turn out the vote.
All that because, no matter what else he’s done, Trump has been able to get anti-abortion judges (with lifetime appointments) on federal benches at a record pace.

So what if a bunch of minorities suffer as long as white fetuses get to live…?
source

Oy! We don't HAVE to go all out, he's getting reelected, based on the economy and Homeland Security, all the common people in his populist train care about.

The fact that the R party doesn't kill babies also helps!

sealchan

Meh. Unless the Democrats pull their **** together and start offering a viable alternative who offers to address the issues most voters want addressed, Trump's gunna win again any way.

The issues that got Trump elected was the gradually loss of white, male Christian dominance. That is not an issue that we WANT our democracy to foster.

sealchan

Er...um...OK - its like how you 'nearly' posted a sensible argument...hmmm...I do see what you mean - OK - I'll give you that one - you can't nearly post a sensible argument - it either sensible or a pile of horse crap and yours was...er...nearly sensible.

Anyway, joking (which I was - as you may - or may not - have noticed) aside...I'm aware that white supremacism has been and will continue to be around for a long time - and Trump has not and will not be - but that's pretty irrelevant really...the relevant question is how can a Christian worshiper of the "God of Love and Truth and Mercy" justify supporting such a person to be President?

Because, these days, declaring a dogma is more important than developing character in either evangelical Christianity or conservative politics.

sealchan

Nope, but the lefts overreaction to it is funny. Just like with N.Korea. Y'all freaked out Trump gonna start a war. Then he settles things peacefully with N.Korea then you accuse him of being too soft on N.Korea.

It's the outcry that gets his attention when it might affect his chances of re-election.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Nope, but the lefts overreaction to it is funny.
Eh? What?
Did you drescribe yourself as 'Left of Centre' before now?
:p

Anyways, a whole bunch of Rightists gathered round your President and persuaded him to pull the plug on all out death and destruction and just in time, ten minutes to go, so don't tell me that only Lefties were against it all.
Oh dear.... :facepalm:

Just like with N.Korea. Y'all freaked out Trump gonna start a war. Then he settles things peacefully with N.Korea then you accuse him of being too soft on N.Korea.
We all? Me?
You've lost the plot.

I think I need to turn that round and send it back to you.

If you think that averting a dreadful death and destruction incident in Iran was hypocritical then I reckon you really have lost the plot.

Are all CentreofLeftists like this? :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The issues that got Trump elected was the gradually loss of white, male Christian dominance. That is not an issue that we WANT our democracy to foster.
Other people are always telling us the outlandish things we believe.
Is it possible that you're making this up?
I know many Trump voters, & not a single one ever expressed this as a reason.
There were many...just not that one.

Last edited:

Kelly Mueller

"Now that Donald Trump has put refugee children in concentration camps, nearly bombed Iran over problems he created, been accused of rape (again), inspired a rash of White Nationalism, and continued his assault on our democracy through his constant barrage of lies, how are white evangelical Christians going to respond in 2020?

According to The Hill, Christian Right groups preparing to spend tens of millions of dollars to register their voters and paint Democrats as the real extremists.

The Faith and Freedom Coalition will spend tens of millions of dollars on a voter mobilization effort that aims to register 1 million Christians in key battleground states and reach 30 million people nationwide.

The group, which is led by conservative activist Ralph Reed, will pump literature into more than 100,000 churches across 18 states, primarily focusing on the presidential battlegrounds but also with an eye on contested House and Senate races.

The Susan B. Anthony (SBA) List, an anti-abortion rights group, has a budget of $41 million this campaign cycle to “expose the extremism of Trump’s opponents,” among other initiatives.

And the Family Research Council’s political action arm is activating its network of churches and community impact teams in North Carolina, Michigan, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas to turn out the vote.
All that because, no matter what else he’s done, Trump has been able to get anti-abortion judges (with lifetime appointments) on federal benches at a record pace.

source

source

Kelly Mueller

I do not know what site or Christian site I am on that says this judgemental disgraceful statements such as our President putting children in Concentration camps(??? Are you serious??? .. because that is an outside lie... we have been to this border, go talk to the democrats and illegals bringing themselves there, .. I could go on but read the REAL Facts!!!

Shad

Veteran Member
Translation: they're willing to turn a blind eye toward his degeneracy in exchange for him paying lip service and pulling strings for their agenda.
The question is, though... do they genuinely believe that their god is also willing to turn a blind eye?

It is amusing when the left tries to use sexual purity as an argument.

Skwim

Veteran Member
It is amusing when the left tries to use sexual purity as an argument.
Are you suggesting the right is somehow more pure. The leader of the right, the President of the United States, YOUR hero, speaks. :D

.​

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

From the article: "What's required is a little bit of demystification of it," says Waitman Wade Beorn, a Holocaust and genocide studies historian and a lecturer at the University of Virginia. "Things can be concentration camps without being Dachau or Auschwitz. Concentration camps in general have always been designed—at the most basic level—to separate one group of people from another group.

So even though there is no gas chamber, ovens or human rights violations at all. Just gonna compare it to a Nazi concentration camps for PR purposes. Got it.

You do realize how disrespectful that is to Holocaust victims/survivors is right? Have the left no shame that they p00p on the real victims constantly to feign outrage of victimhood?

You do realize how harmful it is for real victims of rape when women falsely claim rape? Yet this had become a new tactic for leftist women. Everytime a woman falsely cries rape she only hurts real victims of rape? When will the madness stop?

Trump is all too eager to fan these flames--subtly.

How so?

Enoch07

Premium Member
There's justification in getting freaked out by war, especially with this recent buildup of nuclear weapons. Overreacting to the potential for war is far more rational than underestimating humanity's ability to destroy itself.

Not to the point the left overreacts. You'd think Trump smacked their momma and ran over their cat!

Enoch07

Premium Member
Said Jesus to the apostles...

Go tell it on the mountain.

It's the outcry that gets his attention when it might affect his chances of re-election.

You don't know Trump.

Eh? What?
Did you drescribe yourself as 'Left of Centre' before now?

Lefty describes far left or extreme left. It doesn't not cover centrist, center left, or moderate left.

Anyways, a whole bunch of Rightists gathered round your President and persuaded him to pull the plug on all out death and destruction and just in time, ten minutes to go, so don't tell me that only Lefties were against it all.

I'm well aware. Nobody wants to go to war. But when a country like Iran is constantly trying to pick fights war talk will always loom near.

We all? Me?

Y'all - Wikipedia

Culture yourself.:p

If you think that averting a dreadful death and destruction incident in Iran was hypocritical then I reckon you really have lost the plot.

The hypocrisy of the lefts ability to claim Trump is a warhawks one day when they think wa is coming, then the very next day after war is avoided, they claim he is a dove. Yes, that hypocrisy is hilarious!!:D

siti

Love don't pay the bills.;)

How's that Democratic super majority working out in California with the homeless problem? Oh nothing is happening that's right, must not be enough love right? Because they certainly have the money.
You really don't see how this argument is self-defeating? There is no hope for the "Christian" "centre-left libertarian" I fear. You really do believe that the solution to poverty is to let the rich b'stards have even more money.

Note to staff: we really do need an emoji with Jesus shaking his head...not only are his followers failing to follow his teachings, but they are - it seems - incredibly bad at explaining why as well.

Enoch07

Premium Member
You really don't see how this argument is self-defeating? There is no hope for the "Christian" "centre-left libertarian" I fear. You really do believe that the solution to poverty is to let the rich b'stards have even more money.

You really need to work on your English comprehension skills. How you got all that out of what I said is beyond me. I never said anything about letting the rich have more money.

Commies can't live with em, can't get em to understand basic economics....

Note to staff: we really do need an emoji with Jesus shaking his head...not only are his followers failing to follow his teachings, but they are - it seems - incredibly bad at explaining why as well.

The fault lies in your comprehension skills as displayed above.

A lack of understanding basic fundamentals of the English language, economics, and Christianity is clearly presented.

Perhaps some self reflection and self improvement is in order? Wouldn't that be better than pointing the finger and blaming everyone else for your own ineptitudes?

Yes I believe so.

sealchan

Other people are always telling us the outlandish things we believe.
Is it possible that you're making this up?
I know many Trump voters, & not a single one ever expressed this as a reason.
There were many...just not that one.

I had a thread on it based on some detailed polling...you may recall it...

A Measure of Xenophobia

Not all Trump voters are xenophobes. But one of the most interesting qualities of today's xenophobia is the adoption of what I call cover issues which are based on a fear which one either isn't admitting to to others or maybe even to one's self. It is so obvious that racism is wrong, but the sort of hate and rage that surrounds other issues such as voting rights, immigration, terrorism, gun control, separation of church and state (or lack thereof), etc...seems to belie the sense of fairness of many who support Trump and his attitude toward how to accomplish things and how to do it in a society that should believe in rational discussion and open debate and respecting those who serve in our own government more than those who offer no proof for their claims.

This is about what sort of person is in control and it should be a white, male, Christian who is not afraid to wield his divine authority and flout any weakness such as empathy, cooperation or apology. It is allowing a shameless person to take the lead so that what many feel within themselves to be shameful can be drawn upon.

Now I myself am an independent. I appreciate the following qualities which I see as more favorably represented by conservatives: relying on yourself, accepting what you have, shouldering the burden, living within your means, standing your ground, etc. But I think that many people need to see that you can do that without having to support the sort of extreme platform that conservatives seem to have espoused these days.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well it's easy. An African American man got elected to PoTuS that would incite white supremacist would it not?

Perhaps I should have specified Obama inadvertently inspired white supremacist, just to be more accurate.
Don't forget his mentor, that crazy pastor.