• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Christian Bible: Can you prove or disprove dispensational interpretation of scriptures?

Do you believe the doctrine of dispensations?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

74x12

I've debated it out with myself but I want to see other viewpoints. What do you think? Do you believe in dispensations? The idea that God deals with mankind through different dispensations. For example first there was the age of innocence etc.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I've debated it out with myself but I want to see other viewpoints. What do you think? Do you believe in dispensations? The idea that God deals with mankind through different dispensations. For example first there was the age of innocence etc.

I'm not entirely clear what you mean by dispensations. What I understand is a period of that is defined between the coming of Great Spiritual teachers such as Moses and Christ. So when Moses came He brought laws from G-d that all the Hebrew people were expected to follow. When Jesus came, He brought New Teachings from God and a new dispensation. In that way what God expected changed as made clear through Christ.

Are we on the same page? :)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I would say, yes. It may be man's way of understanding the differences between time-periods.

Misunderstood

Yes, I do believe in dispensations, maybe not the doctrines of dispensations. I believe God is trying to show something, and is interacting differently with us at different times to show the results will always be the same.

Grandliseur

For example first there was the age of innocence etc.
The angels who became the fallen angels - came down around 500 to 600 years after Adam's creation. As you will notice what it says about Enoch:
Jude v.: 14 And to these also Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, Behold, the Lord came with ten thousands of his holy ones,
15 to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their works of ungodliness which they have ungodly wrought, and of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. 16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their lusts (and their mouth speaketh great swelling words ), showing respect of persons for the sake of advantage.​
Thus God took Enoch because of the abundance of evil that was and perhaps to spare him being killed by angels and men.

This means we had around 1000 years of influence of fallen angels upon mankind, times in which they built the mega structures and much we have no knowledge about, except they pursued unrighteousness.

For this reason, I would not call such a time the age of innocence; perhaps the age of unrestrained lust - might be better?!

I am not sure how you would divide things up. We had the pre-flood world, the world from Noah until Babylon, the confusion of languages, from there until Abraham, from there until Israel came to be. So, you can divide things up in small pieces if you want. Of course, you can always give some suggestions. It might be interesting to see what your ideas are.

74x12

The angels who became the fallen angels - came down around 500 to 600 years after Adam's creation. As you will notice what it says about Enoch:
Jude v.: 14 And to these also Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, Behold, the Lord came with ten thousands of his holy ones,
15 to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their works of ungodliness which they have ungodly wrought, and of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. 16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their lusts (and their mouth speaketh great swelling words ), showing respect of persons for the sake of advantage.​
Thus God took Enoch because of the abundance of evil that was and perhaps to spare him being killed by angels and men.

This means we had around 1000 years of influence of fallen angels upon mankind, times in which they built the mega structures and much we have no knowledge about, except they pursued unrighteousness.

For this reason, I would not call such a time the age of innocence; perhaps the age of unrestrained lust - might be better?!

I am not sure how you would divide things up. We had the pre-flood world, the world from Noah until Babylon, the confusion of languages, from there until Abraham, from there until Israel came to be. So, you can divide things up in small pieces if you want. Of course, you can always give some suggestions. It might be interesting to see what your ideas are.
Well what I meant by the age of innocence was before the fall. So the garden of Eden. I will try to say more later today perhaps.

Jumi

If something is provable, then it can be disproven. If not, then it's just whatever you fancy in either direction.

syo

i don't believe in dispensation when it comes to christianity. the message of love is the same at all times.

David T

Premium Member
Absolutely!! We can call this current period dispensationally as the period of abject and complete stupidity.

I point to the idiots of dispensationalism as my proof!!!!!

74x12

***mod deleted quote*** Maybe God gives more than a thousand hints, but He won't spell it out. He's waiting for us to turn to Him to seek Him with all our hearts. Then He will be found of us. Don't you know this life is a test; as we believe it is? That's why I believe everyone will be convinced by themselves whether or not something is true.

People who call the police because of dangerous criminals understand faith. They're relying on the police to save them. This is how it is with God(except He is much more reliable than the police or anyone) He is the only one who can save us from Satan.

It's like a little kid getting beat up by a bully at school. They tell their older brother because he's stronger than the bully is. So the kid is hoping his brother will stop the bully. Anyone can understand a logical need for faith.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Maybe God gives more than a thousand hints, but He won't spell it out. He's waiting for us to turn to Him to seek Him with all our hearts. Then He will be found of us. Don't you know this life is a test; as we believe it is? That's why I believe everyone will be convinced by themselves whether or not something is true.

People who call the police because of dangerous criminals understand faith. They're relying on the police to save them. This is how it is with God(except He is much more reliable than the police or anyone) He is the only one who can save us from Satan.

It's like a little kid getting beat up by a bully at school. They tell their older brother because he's stronger than the bully is. So the kid is hoping his brother will stop the bully. Anyone can understand a logical need for faith.
Reminds me of James 4:8.....the first step, is us drawing closer to Him. Then, he will draw closer to us.

Acts of the Apostles 17:27, also.

Faithofchristian

The 7 Times or Dispensations

In the bible 7 distinct administrations are set before us, Each has it's own beginning and ending; each characterized by certain distinctive principles of God's dealings ; each ends in a crisis or Judgement peculiar to itself, save No 7, which is without end. These may be tabulated thus:

1. The Edenic state of innocence.
End -- the expulsion from Eden.

2. The period "without law" ( the times of ignorance, Acts 17:30).
End -- The flood, and the judgement on Babel.

3. The era under law.
End -- The rejection of Israel.

4. The period of Grace.
End -- The day of the Lord.

5. The epoch of judgement.
End -- The destruction of Antichrist.

6. The millennial age.
End -- The destruction of Satan, and the judgement of the great white throne,

7. The eternal state of glory.
No End.

All 7 Dispensations exhibit characteristics which call for the close attention of the bible student.

3. The Times of the Gentiles.

While the seven dispensations above specified are the main divisions are the long. Other Divine dealings, very still and other disposition referred to as "the times of the Gentiles" ( Luke 21:24) a dispensation which overlaps two of the above divisions. These times began when Jerusalem passed under the power of Babylon ( 477 B.C.) and continue while Jerusalem is "trodden down of the Gentiles" ( Luke 21:24 ) These "Times" are referred to in Romans 11:25, which has no reference to the completion of "the church"
As is so generally believed, but relates to the fullest, or filling up, all the times of the Gentiles, the word "Gentiles" being put for the times which they fill up.

4. The Parenthesis of the present dispensation.

In the Nazareth synagogue ( Luke 4:16-20)
Our Lord stood up and read from the book prophet Isaiah.
After reading the the first verse and part of the second ( of Ch. 61) He closed the book.
Why stop there ?
Because the next sentence belonged, and still belongs, to a future dispensation.
The acceptable "year of the Lord" had come, but "the day of vengeance all of our God" has not even yet appeared.
Thus did the Lord divide 2 dispensations.
There is no mark in the Hebrew text of Isaiah 61:2 to indicate any break, yet an interval of nearly 2,000 years separates the two clauses quoted. In this interval comes the whole of the present Church dispensation, Following on the years after Israel's final rejection
( Acts 28:25-28).

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
So by this line of reasoning we are no longer in the Christian dispensation, as societal conditions are as different now from the time of Christ, just as the time of Christ was different from the time of Moses.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I voted "no", but then my concept (or lack thereof) of God is undoubtedly quite different than probably most here.

Whitestone

I have received the Holy Resurrected Spirit of Jesus Christ into my flesh, He is Come; and He shall never leave nor forsake me and shall be with me always even unto the end of the world. He has Promised me and He has Sworn it to me by on Oath on His own Name. Praise Jesus! And likewise, as with Christians since Acts 2, He will continue to Come to each man in his own order, saving each of us from our sins, bringing us all together in the sacrifice and resurrection of Christ Jesus. And this will never change until the end of the world comes.

(Mat 28:20) ... lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
(Heb 13:5) ...for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Faithofchristian

I have received the Holy Resurrected Spirit of Jesus Christ into my flesh, He is Come; and He shall never leave nor forsake me and shall be with me always even unto the end of the world. He has Promised me and He has Sworn it to me by on Oath on His own Name. Praise Jesus! And likewise, as with Christians since Acts 2, He will continue to Come to each man in his own order, saving each of us from our sins, bringing us all together in the sacrifice and resurrection of Christ Jesus. And this will never change until the end of the world comes.

(Mat 28:20) ... lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
(Heb 13:5) ...for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

That's right Christ Jesus never leaves nor forsake.
But that doesn't mean you can't leave him.

Well since you claim to have the Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus, then why you can not see those things that are Spiritual ?

It's always you people that claim to have the Holy Spirit, but yet you can not see the things of the Spirit of God.

By the way, if I may ask, what does any of what you said, have to do with the Thread ?

The Thread does ask--> The Christian bible:
Can you Prove or Disprove, dispensational interpretation of scriptures?

So what you said have to do with the Thread ?
Care to explain ?

Last edited:

Whitestone

Faithofchristian You are extremely judgemental, rude and offensive. Please do not respond to my posts any more. Yes, you demonstrate that a man can leave Jesus, you are right about that one thing.

Faithofchristian

Faithofchristian You are extremely judgemental, rude and offensive. Please do not respond to my posts any more. Yes, you demonstrate that a man can leave Jesus, you are right about that one thing.

First of all, I didn't come to you, but you came to me and now your trying to make it sound, like I came to you first, unto which I did not.
Your the one that came to me first inquiring.
So let's get that straight, But then that's just typical of people like yourself, after getting caught on things, that the only thing, you can come back on, is to try and put it on that the other person came to you, Which I did not, but you came to me inquirying. So get it straight.

If you can not handle things, then take my advice don't ask and don't say things that you can not stand on.

You just showed yourself, it's just typical of Christians like yourself, when you get caught in things, you throw things back at a person, such things as being, judgemental rude, and offensive or I'm not going to argue.

Which I didn't do any of those things that you claim I did, Your the one that said, you have the Spirit of Christ Jesus with in you and all I said, if you have the Spirit of Christ Jesus, then how's come you can not see the things of Spirit of God.

Paul Written in 1st Corinthians 2:14--"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him, neither can he know them, because they are Spiritually discerned"

It's just typical of Christians like yourself, when you get caught in something, the only way you can think of to get out of something, is to call the other person, such things as you did towards me.
All I ask you, since your the one that claimed to have the Spirit of Christ with in you, to explain how you can not see the things of the Spirit of Christ.Then the only thing you can come back with, is to resort to calling things such as you did towards me.

You do know that in God's word, when you state something such as you did, by saying, that you have the Spirit of Christ Jesus, You are called by God's word to prove what you say.
1st Thessalonians 5:21--"Prove all things"
So I called you to prove what you say, When you said, that you have the Spirit of Christ Jesus with in you, That if you claim to have the Spirit of Christ Jesus, then prove it ?

Christ Jesus forewarned about christians such as you in Matthew 24:5 --"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; And shall deceive many"

Who else besides Christians profess's to come in Christ Jesus name other than Christians

You do know Christ is abbreviated for Christian.
Christ = Christian
Christ Jesus forewarned about how false Christians would come in his name to deceive many.
And the whole kicker is, that you claim to have the Spirit of Christ Jesus with in you, and you can't even see that your fulfilling Prophecy. What Christ Jesus said there in Matthew 24:5.

Last edited: