• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Chosen One

Brian2

Veteran Member
Anyone here believe all of existence ends/begins simultaneously when a certain unknown human dies/born?

Yes everything is imagined by me and ends when I stop imagining and started when I started imagining.
Of course this is for each one of us, since we are all under the illusion that things are real, when in fact they are an illusion..................or so I am told.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It is most likely hinting at the all things made new aspect found in the Bible or the Baha'i Writings, to name a couple of sources.

Thanks, Tony, but frankly it doesn't matter. I don't make assumptions on what others ask, and when in doubt, I asked for clarification, which is what I did ITT. Unfortunately, "just what it says" doesn't offer much in the way of clarification.

Here is the concept from the Bible,

Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here"

Or the Baha'u'llah offerd,

“Canst thou discover any one but Me, O Pen, in this Day? What hath become of the creation and the manifestations thereof? What of the names and their kingdom? Whither are gone all created things, whether seen or unseen? What of the hidden secrets of the universe and its revelations? Lo, the entire creation hath passed away! Nothing remaineth except My Face, the Ever-Abiding, the Resplendent, the All-Glorious. This is the Day whereon naught can be seen except the splendors of the Light that shineth from the face of Thy Lord, the Gracious, the Most Bountiful. Verily, We have caused every soul to expire by virtue of Our irresistible and all-subduing sovereignty. We have, then, called into being a new creation, as a token of Our grace unto men. I am, verily, the All-Bountiful, the Ancient of Days.”
(Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, XIV p. 29)

Regards Tony

With regard to the hint you took, the existence of "My Face, the Ever-Abiding, the Resplendent, the All-Glorious" is still existence, not before the beginning or after the end.

I think @Jimmy used the term "existence" when he meant something else.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Anyone here believe all of existence ends/begins simultaneously when a certain unknown human dies/born?
I have no idea what you mean. Are you alluding to existence beginning at the birth of Christ? I think there was an existence leading up to that. I am not sure. I don't have video evidence--the favorite evidence of a certain group of people that doubt their own eyes.

King Phenomenon

I have no idea what you mean. Are you alluding to existence beginning at the birth of Christ? I think there was an existence leading up to that. I am not sure. I don't have video evidence--the favorite evidence of a certain group of people that doubt their own eyes.
No ones stopping you from believing in evidences. Take care

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
No ones stopping you from believing in evidences. Take care
No comment to further explain the meaning of your OP?

I would love to see video evidence of many things, but the lack of that form of evidence does not mean that something didn't happen.

If a criminal confesses, not performing a DNA test is not evidence that the criminal was innocent.

You take care too.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
With regard to the hint you took, the existence of "My Face, the Ever-Abiding, the Resplendent, the All-Glorious" is still existence, not before the beginning or after the end.

I see this face would be the First face and last face in existence, so yes in this creation, that is our reality.

My understanding is that there is no beginning and no end, as Baha'u'llah offerd that a creator without a creation is not logical or conceivable. So that face is the cause of our reality.

From what I have read, when we pass on it may be that we understand concepts outside of time, so beginnings and ends will not be part of our reality.

I think @Jimmy used the term "existence" when he meant something else.

I have not heard from Jimmy, I suspect you are correct.

Regards Tony

Segev Moran

Anyone here believe all of existence ends/begins simultaneously with the death/birth of a certain unknown human?
Well..
It depends how you look at it.
From a subjective POV, it seems so. So far, from all our research, it seems people do not exist before they are born and do not exists after they die.
As for a collective POV, it is quite obvious that one's existence has got nothing to do to the fact whether or not he is alive.
Our entire society is based on people who are no longer alive, but they exist as part of us.
Most people dedicate their lives for someone that doesn't yet exist (kids).
More so, Your DNA is built from millions if lives that came before you in you "life chain".
This idea alone, if find to be quite amazing.
Yes, there is something in you that is encoded in you from hundreds of generations before you!