• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Chauvin Trial

Is Derek Chauvin guilty?

• Guilty of second-degree murder

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Guilty of third-degree murder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guilty of second-degree manslaughter

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Not guilty

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We Never Know

No Slack
My opinion is guilty on any and all.
One reason is when he was held down by three officers and saying he cant breathe, one was jokingly replying "get up and get in the car" when they all knew it wasn't possible for him to do with them all holding him down.
Not to mention when George stopped moving, the force being rendered to him never changed until the gurney was laid beside him to pick up his motionless body.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
He is guilty of murder of some degree, from what I can tell. But what gets me is that the two worked together before, so I'm wondering if there was some feud or anger between them. This case is odd, and the racial stuff the media and society has laid over it isn't helping to an extent. I want to hear more about when they worked together and whether that had anything to do with it.

We Never Know

No Slack
He is guilty of murder of some degree, from what I can tell. But what gets me is that the two worked together before, so I'm wondering if there was some feud or anger between them. This case is odd, and the racial stuff the media and society has laid over it isn't helping to an extent. I want to hear more about when they worked together and whether that had anything to do with it.
I actually thought of that too and wondered if it had any play in it.

Suave

Simulated character
My opinion is guilty on any and all.
One reason is when he was held down by three officers and saying he cant breathe, one was jokingly replying "get up and get in the car" when they all knew it wasn't possible for him to do with them all holding him down.
Not to mention when George stopped moving, the force being rendered to him never changed until the gurney was laid beside him to pick up his motionless body.

I'm convinced Derek Chauvin intended to kill George Floyd, because anybody applying all his body weight for nearly 9 minutes against a restraint person's neck is obviously trying to kill the person whom he is crushing the life out of.

Suave

Simulated character
If Derek Chauvin were to get acquitted of murder, then I suspect there would be lots of not so peaceful protests.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If Derek Chauvin were to get acquitted of murder, then I suspect there would be lots of not so peaceful protests.
Probably true. Of course that does not justify a guilty verdict. Nor does it justify a verdict of innocent. I remember following the Rodney King beating trial on NPR. I could see that the police were going to be found not guilty. I don't think that will happen this time. But I do fear that there is a large chance of there being a hung jury. Hopefully neither side gets any idealogues on the jury.

Suave

Simulated character
I'll defer judgement till all the facts are out.

20052907475ed03170bf3a2.gif

Thomas-Lane-vs-Derek-Chauvin-Height-George-Floyd.gif

There's plenty of video evidence showing Derek Chavin murdering George Floyd.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Does the video show his heart condition, or the mens rea of officer Chauvin?

ninerbuff

godless wonder
If someone died from a heart attack, while you were choking them, you DON'T think that the choking had anything to probably do with it? It's not like he was "scared" into a heart attack.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I saw some of the testimony of the trial today. It does not look good for the defense.

And @ninerbuff :

"If someone died from a heart attack, while you were choking them, you DON'T think that the choking had anything to probably do with it? It's not like he was "scared" into a heart attack.":

Since he could not breathe, and that was the testimony from a medical expert today, he was scared that he was going to die. That can cause a heart attack and the police are without excuse.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Given the evidence from so many, I would be surprised if he wasn't found guilty, but not sure on which charge.

We Never Know

No Slack
I saw some of the testimony of the trial today. It does not look good for the defense.

And @ninerbuff :

"If someone died from a heart attack, while you were choking them, you DON'T think that the choking had anything to probably do with it? It's not like he was "scared" into a heart attack.":

Since he could not breathe, and that was the testimony from a medical expert today, he was scared that he was going to die. That can cause a heart attack and the police are without excuse.
Did you notice the defense attorney has a resemblance to Jimmy Kimmel?

Put glasses on this picture...
Jimmy kimmel with a beard - Bing

Last edited:

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
If any of you guys watched him speak especially towards the Floyd family it was quite cryptic. I think his team is preparing for an appeal.