• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Catholic Church should be shut down

Deidre

The Roman Catholic Church should not be permitted to operate any longer. It’s a crime ridden organization masquerading as a religion. The sex abuse cases that continue to pour into the media are horrific and mind blowing. Mind blowing that the cover ups are all through the hierarchy. Any other organization in the secular sphere would be shut down. And people would be arrested. Everyone who was complicit in this, should be arrested. Every priest, every bishop, every cardinal, even the pope if that’s the case. Bill Cosby is 80 years old and stood trial, age should have nothing to do with these dudes being allowed to get away with these crimes.

The government should shut this organization down because it has been committing crimes for decades.

What are your thoughts?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The Roman Catholic Church should not be permitted to operate any longer. It’s a crime ridden organization masquerading as a religion. The sex abuse cases that continue to pour into the media are horrific and mind blowing. Mind blowing that the cover ups are all through the hierarchy. Any other organization in the secular sphere would be shut down. And people would be arrested. Everyone who was complicit in this, should be arrested. Every priest, every bishop, every cardinal, even the pope if that’s the case. Bill Cosby is 80 years old and stood trial, age should have nothing to do with these dudes being allowed to get away with these crimes.

The government should shut this organization down because it has been committing crimes for decades.

What are your thoughts?

Not you too?! :oops:

Mindmaster

Premium Member

What are your thoughts?

Agree, and secondly the saddest part is there is a statute of limitations on sexual abuse. Decades though? More like centuries..

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

What are your thoughts?

No. I think the political nature of the church needs to be worked on so that people who worship in the Church can will continue to have a relationship with christ without being looked down at. When one talks about The Church, they are talking about gods people. Its sad that as a unit, The Church has its history and things like that. But being part of it, made me see The Church as Christ centered.

Changing the political nature to which the Church runs (outside ex acartha) would help a lot. But, unlike other organizaitons, when you talk about The Church, you are talking about the people.

Can you imagine if the Church shut down?! I know other denominations have money. I was about to loose my place without food and the baptist church near me said they only help their own members.

Which god are christians promoting when they cant agree among themselves among who is christian.

The sex abuse things arent the religious nature of The Church; so, its better to address the issue by helping The Church then rid people of so much service to brother and sister and people because a handful of priests sinned.

Its sad that The Chuch covered things up. Since yuo cant split the church in two, address the problem. (Love the sinner and hate the si?)

Deidre

Agree, and secondly the saddest part is there is a statute of limitations on sexual abuse. Decades though? More like centuries..
It's just astonishing that this group is held to a different standard that lay organizations. It would be one thing, if the hierarchy did their part to root out the bad apples, and admit them to the proper secular legal authorities, but they didn't. They covered up the abuse over and over and over...for decades...and like you say, maybe centuries. And it's indefensible. To think that all of these men didn't know that they should call the police, that they would put the confessional ''vows'' above protecting children, is ridiculous. They knew better. They didn't want to lose members...thus, money. Thus their power and reputation. They are a disgrace, and they need to be shut down. And all those who were involved, need to be rounded up...and put to trials. Sorry if you're a pedophile apologist, but in the real world, that's known as a crime.

74x12

What are your thoughts?
Any organization wouldn't be shut down. If any organization is exposed then you know they did something that made someone angry. The fact is this type of thing is all over the governments and powerful organizations of the world. The fact the Catholics are being exposed at this time means they made a powerful enemy angry.

CruzNichaphor

Any organization wouldn't be shut down. If any organization is exposed then you know they did something that made someone angry. The fact is this type of thing is all over the governments and powerful organizations of the world. The fact the Catholics are being exposed at this time means they made a powerful enemy angry.

This is the far deeper and sadder truth of the matter.

Although it's impressive that so much progress has been made since these allegations were sensationalized 90s stun pieces, I'm willing to bet that far more scandals will start to pour out of the Church as this century rolls on and eventually it'll be exposed for what it always was: the world's first, richest and most powerful MNC which did little more than manufacture corruption as its only product.

Deidre

No. I think the political nature of the church needs to be worked on so that people who worship in the Church can will continue to have a relationship with christ without being looked down at. When one talks about The Church, they are talking about gods people. Its sad that as a unit, The Church has its history and things like that. But being part of it, made me see The Church as Christ centered.

Changing the political nature to which the Church runs (outside ex acartha) would help a lot. But, unlike other organizaitons, when you talk about The Church, you are talking about the people.

Can you imagine if the Church shut down?! I know other denominations have money. I was about to loose my place without food and the baptist church near me said they only help their own members.

Which god are christians promoting when they cant agree among themselves among who is christian.

The sex abuse things arent the religious nature of The Church; so, its better to address the issue by helping The Church then rid people of so much service to brother and sister and people because a handful of priests sinned.

Its sad that The Chuch covered things up. Since yuo cant split the church in two, address the problem. (Love the sinner and hate the si?)

The Catholic Church's mission isn't to uphold Jesus' teachings. If it were, I wouldn't be posting this thread. Its mission is to uphold the Church. The abuse and cover ups are so vast and wide spread, it isn't a one off or anomaly. It was how they have operated for decades. Oops, centuries lol

They operated with the idea that what happens in the RCC, stays in the RCC. Recently, a cardinal that was complicit in one of the scandals, has only been ordered to leave his post, meaning he can't do priestly duties anymore, and he will live out his days in some random cottage, adjacent to the church. What a joke. He should be arrested and tried for engaging in criminal activity. Why are these men getting away with this??

I remember having a conversation with my parents recently about this, they are devout Catholics, and they make all kinds of excuses for the Church and their role in all of this. I remember believing so much good about the RCC, but not anymore.

I don't think it should be permitted to operate anymore. If it were a secular organization, or charity, it would be shut down. Or at the very least, many people arrested and tried for their crimes.

74x12

This is the far deeper and sadder truth of the matter.

Although it's impressive that so much progress has been made since these allegations were sensationalized 90s stun pieces, I'm willing to bet that far more scandals will start to pour out of the Church as this century rolls on and eventually it'll be exposed for what it always was: the world's first, richest and most powerful MNC which did little more than manufacture corruption as its only product.
Governments of the world and others are still raping kids. It is being exposed and the public is becoming more aware of the incredible human rights abuses, but slowly. The more they are exposed; the more likely they are to do crazy things like start nuclear wars or something. The most High God is not happy that all this is happening to children.

Deidre

That is true, but people in those organizations are typically fired and if crimes are committed, they are brought to trial. Look at the #metoo movement, look at what has happened. It took a while, but all those powerful men were brought to justice, and will continue to be. Unlike the RCC, you read about it for a few days, and then learn that nothing is really changing...the bishops, cardinals and other priests are not being arrested and tried in a court of law. I do think everyone deserves a fair trial with the presumption of innocence, but there doesn't seem to be that much justice as these cases unravel.

Deidre

There are plenty of charities and reputable organizations out there that would have helped you, and their management staff isn't sexually assaulting kids and/or covering it up.

This isn't to say that corruption doesn't go on in charities, of course it does. But, this is out of control mayhem that has allowed sexual abuse of kids to not only happen, but pervade over the entire US and globe.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The Catholic Church's mission isn't to uphold Jesus' teachings. If it were, I wouldn't be posting this thread. Its mission is to uphold the Church. The abuse and cover ups are so vast and wide spread, it isn't a one off or anomaly. It was how they have operated for decades. Oops, centuries lol

They operated with the idea that what happens in the RCC, stays in the RCC. Recently, a cardinal that was complicit in one of the scandals, has only been ordered to leave his post, meaning he can't do priestly duties anymore, and he will live out his days in some random cottage, adjacent to the church. What a joke. He should be arrested and tried for engaging in criminal activity. Why are these men getting away with this??

I remember having a conversation with my parents recently about this, they are devout Catholics, and they make all kinds of excuses for the Church and their role in all of this. I remember believing so much good about the RCC, but not anymore.

I don't think it should be permitted to operate anymore. If it were a secular organization, or charity, it would be shut down. Or at the very least, many people arrested and tried for their crimes.

The Church is the body of christ. Its political nature is not the relationship each individual Catholic has with christ and his sacraments.

I mean, there are a lot of things I dont care for about the political nature of The Church; that didnt define my relationship with it since relationship with the sacraments arent affected by what a handful of priests do. I never had that experience.

But that doesnt mean I disvalue The Church as a Church.

Can you actually speak for individuals relationship with christ based on how they want to worship him?

lostwanderingsoul

If church members would stop giving money to the church, you would see a very fast change. As long as they take in millions of dollars a week they have no reason to change. But most members are too afraid to actually do anything. The church has them under it's power and so they make excuses. And the abuse goes on.

Deidre

The Church is the body of christ. Its political nature is not the relationship each individual Catholic has with christ and his sacraments.

I mean, there are a lot of things I dont care for about the political nature of The Church; that didnt define my relationship with it since relationship with the sacraments arent affected by what a handful of priests do. I never had that experience.

But that doesnt mean I disvalue The Church as a Church.

Can you actually speak for individuals relationship with christ based on how they want to worship him?
What does this have to do with priests, bishops and cardinals who allowed this to happen, being brought to trial, at the very least?

Their cover ups have nothing to do with ''politics.'' If you read some of the articles that talk about these cases, many of the bishops thought that it would be in violation of the confessional vows, (which has to do with religion, not politics) so they didn't report them to the police. Apparently, many pedophile priests confessed these crimes, and the bishops in charge of those dioceses, just moved them to another church...to abuse more kids. ignorance is almost as bad as evil. This has nothing to do with how you worship, this has to do with understanding what type of organization you support. I used to support it too, I get it. They are quite convincing.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
There are plenty of charities and reputable organizations out there that would have helped you, and their management staff isn't sexually assaulting kids and/or covering it up.

This isn't to say that corruption doesn't go on in charities, of course it does. But, this is out of control mayhem that has allowed sexual abuse of kids to not only happen, but pervade over the entire US and globe.

The charities are not isolated from The Church. For example, The Lions Club helped me with glasses and eye examples and the Legion of Mary with food and clothing. However, they cant do that without the funds of the Church and the people within it.

Sexual abuse has nothing to do with it.

Yes, many people leave The Church because of sexual abuse. Others stay because they know their relationship with christ isnt influenced by the sins of other people.

But, yes, when you insult the Church, you insult peoples relationship with christ, charities, and its allies.

Basically blaming the murderer and throwing him to the death penalty rather than addressing the crimes by having programs etc he can do in jail and even ministries to change his values in life for the benefit of other people.

There is so much more a person can do to help before they judge.

Deidre

If church members would stop giving money to the church, you would see a very fast change. As long as they take in millions of dollars a week they have no reason to change. But most members are too afraid to actually do anything. The church has them under it's power and so they make excuses. And the abuse goes on.
Agree.

And, if the government stopped giving tax exempt status to churches, we might see many fold up very quickly. lol It's disgusting, how religion became a business. And no one does it better than the RCC. But, they are being seen for what they are...a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The Church couldn't exist without devout adherents to fill its coffers, and after all they've said and done it's baffling that anyone would still consider them a moral authority.

Deidre

The charities are not isolated from The Church. For example, The Lions Club helped me with glasses and eye examples and the Legion of Mary with food and clothing. However, they cant do that without the funds of the Church and the people within it.

Sexual abuse has nothing to do with it.

Yes, many people leave The Church because of sexual abuse. Others stay because they know their relationship with christ isnt influenced by the sins of other people.

But, yes, when you insult the Church, you insult peoples relationship with christ, charities, and its allies.

Basically blaming the murderer and throwing him to the death penalty rather than addressing the crimes by having programs etc he can do in jail and even ministries to change his values in life for the benefit of other people.

There is so much more a person can do to help before they judge.

You're not trying to understand where I'm coming from. You keep going back to you, or your personal relationship with Jesus. Or that I'm insulting all Catholics.

What has gone on in the RCC, is indefensible. If you think it is, we have nothing more to discuss.