• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The book of Genesis "Cain"

Elihoenai

The Holy Scriptures/Bible teaches Esoteric and Exoteric Knowledge. The Exoteric Knowledge is Public and for the Earthly Christian Church. The Nature of the Earthly Church is Wild Historical Speculations about the Holy Scriptures/Bible.

Last edited:
What was the mark, that God put on Cain, in Genesis Chapter 4
I believe the mark was a tattoo. But think about revelation the mark is said to be on someones right hand or forehead. Of course the mark of the Antichrist is most likely technology. But it makes someone stand out from among people. People who have marks stand out in some way. I believe the mark was spiritual. The mark in revelation is also attached to spiritual because those who accept the mark are different in Gods eyes and in the eyes of others.

After Cain departed, Cain went into the land of Nod, on the east of Eden, and Cain's wife gave birth to Enoch.
Genesis 4:16-17

Seeing Adam and Eve only had 3 sons, Cain,Able and Seth. So where do you suppose Cain's wife came from ?

I believe Adam and Eve got many more children than those 3. It is possible that Cain's wife came from Adam and Eve.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
After Cain departed, Cain went into the land of Nod, on the east of Eden, and Cain's wife gave birth to Enoch.

Seeing Adam and Eve only had 3 sons, Cain,Able and Seth. So where do you suppose Cain's wife came from ?

You cannot limit to what the story reveals. For example, nowhere in the Torah does it say that Adam pooped, but we can assume that he did. So just because the story only lists three children of Adam and Eve does NOT mean that they had ONLY those three children.

And btw, it is always good to keep in mind that this is a creative teaching story, not history.

Faithofchristian

You cannot limit to what the story reveals. For example, nowhere in the Torah does it say that Adam pooped, but we can assume that he did. So just because the story only lists three children of Adam and Eve does NOT mean that they had ONLY those three children.

And btw, it is always good to keep in mind that this is a creative teaching story, not history.

It's not given to anyone to add unto nor take away from God's Word..
Unless of course you can give where in Genesis where it's written that Cain killed his brother Able with a rock ??

As written in
1 Thess 5:21-"Prove all things"

Therefore your called by God's Word to prove what you say by God's Word.

You shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall you diminish ought from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.” (Deut. 4:2.)

There you have it straight from God's Word.
Not to add unto God's Word neither shall you diminish from God's Word..
Now if you can not handle what God has given...My advice is to take it up with God on Judgement day..

Faithofchristian

I believe Adam and Eve got many more children than those 3. It is possible that Cain's wife came from Adam and Eve.

That's what you been taught by man's teachings and doctrines in the churches.

As for Adam and Eve...
Only had three sons
Cain, Able and Seth..
And no other children.
Of course by man's teachings and doctrines in the churches will tell you definitely.
But then I do not go by man's teachings and doctrines
As I only follow The Lord Jesus Christ teachings in his word..

God created the first male and female on the 6 day..As written in
Genesis 1:26, 31.
Here in Verse 31, we find this being the
6 day, God created the first male and female..
Then God rested on the 7 day.
Then after God rested on the 7 day.
On the next day, God created Adam and Eve.
God put the 7 day between the male and female created on the 6 day and Adam and Eve...
So that people would not mix them into gather...but because of man's teachings and doctrines in the churches.
People are being taught those created on the 6 day and Adam and Eve created.
Both being one and the same...
Unto which they are not the same.
God put the 7th day between them so that people would not mix them into gather.

Faithofchristian

I believe the mark was a tattoo. But think about revelation the mark is said to be on someones right hand or forehead. Of course the mark of the Antichrist is most likely technology. But it makes someone stand out from among people. People who have marks stand out in some way. I believe the mark was spiritual. The mark in revelation is also attached to spiritual because those who accept the mark are different in Gods eyes and in the eyes of others.

God foretold in Genesis

God foretold in Genesis Chapter 4,
What that mark is.
Notice in Genesis 4:15...
Here we find God put a mark on Cain..

Now in Genesis 4:12, here we find what that mark is that God put on Cain..
Verse 12--"When you tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto you, her strength, a fugitive and a vagabond shalt you be in the earth"

There you have it straight from God's Word.
The mark God put on Cain.. anything Cain tried to grow from the earth...would not grow..
As it is even today...Cain's children can not grow anything from out of the earth.

101G

Addressing the OP only.
Adam and Eve had many sons and daughters inside the garden, (this answer where Cain got his wife from), as well as outside the garden, see chapter 5:3-5.

now the MARK of Cain,
Genesis 4:13 "And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear." Genesis 4:14 "Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me." Genesis 4:15 "And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him." Genesis 4:16 "And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden."

BINGO, there is one's answer. Genesis 4:16a "And Cain went out from".
Question, "from what?" answer, "the presence of the LORD". but hold it, is not the LORD everywhere? the answer is in his "going"..... (smile). do your research.

101G

God had created man earlier in Genesis 1. Told man to multiply and fill the earth.

Later God created Adam and place him in Eden. So there were lots of folks already running around before Adam came along.
Gen 2:16 only one man at this point
Singular
According to Jewish tradition Adam and Eve had 21 sets of twins not all are found in scripture but the lived for hundred of years back then
Thanks

What do you suppose Cain is a type of?