• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Black Flame?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Me? Yes I am . . . from my own notes on my own computer.

The Black Flame is individual perception and deific consciousness, an awakening in the dark adept which separates them from the natural/objective universe.
It's interesting how you associate the black flame with awakening. Is it just the state of being awakened that separates the dark adept (paccekabuddha? {buddha means awakened one, pacceka means private}) from the non-awakened natural/objective universe, or is there more attachment work (individuation?) to be done to be considered as separated or distinguished from the natural/objective universe?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I think people get too caught up in subjective symbolism, especially since all symbols essentially are meaningless.

crossfire

Premium Member
Technically everything is meaningless.
Meaning resides in the mind.

I think people get too caught up in subjective symbolism, especially since all symbols essentially are meaningless.
Language and symbols are ways to convey/share meaning from one mind to another, i.e., to communicate.
There's mind, that doesn't mean there's meaning. I feel like I'm missing the point you're trying to make.

Technically, a symbol requires a mind to craft it. Even if a symbol holds no decipherable meaning to your mind, your well-functioning mind can discern that the symbol was created by another mind, so it does hold meaning in that respect, and therefore it is only technically meaningless in the absence of mind.

It's interesting how you associate the black flame with awakening. Is it just the state of being awakened that separates the dark adept (paccekabuddha? {buddha means awakened one, pacceka means private}) from the non-awakened natural/objective universe, or is there more attachment work (individuation?) to be done to be considered as separated or distinguished from the natural/objective universe?
It's an extremely long, arduous, and confusing path to be embraced/awakened to the Black Flame.

Premium Member
Who even started this concept of the black flame in the modern LHP? Personally it seems on the verge of unified dogma at this point.

To me the black flame means nothing. Let the RHP dwell on darkness, I enjoy the light ("spiritually", materially I prefer night).

crossfire

Premium Member
Who even started this concept of the black flame in the modern LHP? Personally it seems on the verge of unified dogma at this point.

To me the black flame means nothing. Let the RHP dwell on darkness, I enjoy the light ("spiritually", materially I prefer night).
Hi Doors. There have been a few things that I wasn't sure existed before I experienced them, such as postpartum depression. (Mine lasted only a for a few minutes--it quickly passed once I recognized it for what it was and acknowledged it. It was quite the "Oh wow, it's real!" moment.)

Being able to recognize and understand something for what it is when you actually see it is really quite valuable--it can make a real difference in how you deal with it when you come acrossed it--more skillful and rational rather than confused.

Premium Member
That seems extremely random. Experience and see a made up, subjective idea? The black flame is just the cross of the LHP on this forum, and your response is 100% unrelated to what I said.

crossfire

Premium Member
That seems extremely random.
How many people to this day still insist that postpartum depression is just something made up? Perhaps you missed my analogy.
Experience and see a made up, subjective idea?
Hey I thought the same thing about postpartum depression until I experienced it and had the "Oh wow, it's real!" moment.
The black flame is just the cross of the LHP on this forum,
Do you also mean like enlightenment is to Buddhism?
and your response is 100% unrelated to what I said.
You also seem to have trouble grasping my analogies. Is your mind that tightly closed? You might want to look into that.
You are young and have much yet to experience and discover. Do you want to experience and discover things with your eyes and mind opened, or with your eyes and mind closed?

There's nothing wrong with healthy skepticism. However, if you go around with a closed mind, how does that make you any different from a fundy? It's interesting that you are projecting your own hang-ups/behavior onto others regarding this. Something else you might want to look into.

crossfire

Premium Member

Premium Member
By your assumption of my lacking experience and accusation of closed mindedness I'm inclined to believe you know nothing about me. Apparently not buying into the concept of the black flame instead preferring my own symbolism makes me closed minded... what a joke.

Premium Member
And any attempt to show me projecting my own hangups onto others here would be appreciated. I'm bored, could use the laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:

crossfire

Premium Member
By your assumption of my lacking experience and accusation of closed mindedness I'm inclined to believe you know nothing about me. Apparently not buying into the concept of the black flame instead preferring my own symbolism makes me closed minded... what a joke.
Just because you choose your own symbolism does not give you license to disparage others symbolism and to deride, heckle, and make fun of them. Yet another sign of fundy behavior, imo, Doors. Please look into this.

Premium Member
Just because you choose your own symbolism does not give you license to disparage others symbolism and to deride, heckle, and make fun of them. Yet another sign of fundy behavior, imo, Doors. Please look into this.

Again, if you'd like to attempt quoting where I did anything but say I find the concept becoming rather dogmatic, I could use the laugh. Doesn't seem like I'm the one who needs soul searching, I'm not making up attacks pulling pseudo-intellectual crap out of my *** just because someone differs from my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: