• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Birth of a Faith

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
As we age and reach our later years, these moments are more often in our lives.

I've been to 3 this summer. (3 weddings as well) The informal widow walking club that begins and starts at the temple I attend is increasing. It's becoming rather normal for this community. It's always an interesting time to observe human behaviour for sure, a time to see just how impressed faith was as barriers are let down, and one is able to observe the 'real' person more easily.

Tony, does you faith have much to say about grieving? (Maybe I'll start another thread.)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tony, does you faith have much to say about grieving? (Maybe I'll start another thread.)

Good question that has a few tangents, as it can be a very personal thing, which nature and nurture plays a big part in also.

Personally, I see death as a transition, thus I see the grief is ours, it is our loss. For the departed I have much joy and happiness, as I see they have progressed to greater understanding.

The many tangents in my faith and what you believe, would be a good new thread. In the end, I think Faith gives us a vision of further growth for the departed, that a life has meaning and does not end.

Regards Tony

MonkeyFire

The purpose of FAITH buddha is to sustain all livining things and life itself as a great red fire. Aswell as creating happiness for itself and who ever wishes to be with it. The purpose of my religion is partying and charity.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I've been to 3 this summer. (3 weddings as well) The informal widow walking club that begins and starts at the temple I attend is increasing. It's becoming rather normal for this community

Working at an old age home for 3 years meant that witnessing the end of this life for many, was a painful process. Most in my community that end up in the old age home have history of abuse of unhealthy substances or bad diet. Quite a few there only in the 50's

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Working at an old age home for 3 years meant that witnessing the end of this life for many, was a painful process. Most in my community that end up in the old age home have history of abuse of unhealthy substances or bad diet. Quite a few there only in the 50's

Regards Tony
Indeed, that's a profession or workplace where one must get rather accustomed to it. As they say, "There's only one way outa here."

susanblange

I see we only live in the flesh on this earth once and we die. The body to be no more.

I see that to be born again is to realise we are spirit and true life is fruits of the Spirit. That is why acceptance of Christ is being born again.

The key to that birth is that Christ is all the Messengers from God and not just one called Jesus of Nazareth. The flesh amounts to nothing it is the Spirit that gives life.

The birth of new Faith is that God gives the Holy Spirit, Annoints 'Christ' God's chosen Messenger in each age. They all appear to be born of women, but they are born of God. That is the truth behind the virgin birth.

All the Best Susan, as today is very special, it was 200 years ago today that the Bab (Gate) was born. The Bab ushered in the Day of God, the day all Christianity still awaits.

Regards Tony
Psalm 56 is being fulfilled right now, KJV. As far as I know, the last prophecy to be fulfilled before this was Psalm 101 which was fulfilled in November 2012.

PureX

Veteran Member
200 years ago on 29th October a child was born who's was destined to become the Bab (Gate). In 1844 that destiny unfolded in a declaration to the first believer, Mullá Husayn.

The events surrounding this life and this declaration, are the stories found behind all Faiths.

The life of and the wisdom given by the founder, becomes the way of life for millions of people all searching for truth about the purpose of life.

What we can discuss here is the purpose of Faith. What do you see as your purpose, given in your Faith?

If you do not have a faith, what is your purpose in life?

Regards Tony
I'm not interested much in religion. And I'm an agnostic regarding the existence of "God". But I have learned through hard personal experience that faith is essential to my own sanity and well-being. So I choose to trust in the benevolence of the Great Mystery of Being (we can call that God) because in doing so I can attain that sanity and sense of well-being. I can be grateful for the gift of my own being, and for the pleasure of sharing that gift with others, as they do with me. And when my time here is over, I can let go in peace knowing that the matter and energy of my being will help enable some new manifestations of being in the future, as we all get our turn, and then step aside to make room for others.

For me, faith is crucial. Religion, however, tends to just be a distraction, and sometimes even an invitation to insanity and a poisoned spirit. So I avoid it.

But that's just me. I understand and respect that other people see religion differently, and can and do often use it successfully in their own lives.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But that's just me. I understand and respect that other people see religion differently, and can and do often use it successfully in their own lives

I see that is a personal journey which raises the question as to what is a successful life? That then raises more questions.

Is everyone entitled to freely pursue such a life, if so how does our life help them also obtain that goal?

It brings to me the thought that we then need structure to be able to administer a just and peaceful world for all. Then looking at history to date, the structure that can build strong Nations is found in Faiths.

Now we can ask what Faith is able to build a global Community. It would be fair to say that it becomes much more than a self journey.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To make decisions. :)

Then I wish for you all the best decisions possible.

Of course no decision is of any value without action. I was shown a short prayer this morning that would aid in that process, it is prayer aimed at exactly that goal;

“On the Motive of Action”, the Báb reveals that “...no behaviour turneth into a real action unless it is performed for the sake of God.” He has revealed a short prayer to ensure that our action is for God alone: “.....

"Verily, I do this for God, the Lord of the heavens and earth, the Lord of all that is seen and unseen, the Lord of creation”

Regards Tony

firedragon

Veteran Member
Tony, I do not have faith, not had since I was about 12; but my life has great purpose.
I have children and grandchildren who all give me great pleasure. I have other family and friends that I know and interact with; I have work colleagues that I spend much time with.
I have no need for religion, science and reason makes so much more sense to me. I look forward to most days and life is wonderful and I value every moment. I have just lost a very dear friend and will be attending her funeral on Friday - I'm not looking forward to it.

Thats great. And my condolences brother. I wish you well.