• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The biogeographic evidence for evolution

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I'm not doing a guilt by association game. I'm demonstrating your break with reality. For example, is this statement factual or not?

"Social Darwinism is a social construct rooted in (now outmoded) Darwinian/evolutionary concepts regarding human races."

You can do it! Take a deep breath, commit!

Not factual.

tas8831

I'm not doing a guilt by association game. I'm demonstrating your break with reality. For example, is this statement factual or not?

"Social Darwinism is a social construct rooted in (now outmoded) Darwinian/evolutionary concepts regarding human races."

Not factual.

You can do it! Take a deep breath, commit!

When are you going to provide evidence that the "autonomous system" tells the appendix to catalyze something and release good bacteria?

And regarding my break with reality - when can you bring yourself to admit that the claims that bible slavery is merely 'indentured servitude' and not actual slavery is a totally bogus argument, made by simpletons and zealots eager to hide the wickedness of bible teachings?

tas8831

Are you aware that Sociology textbooks often teach that Social Darwinism is a former belief, a false belief, and that Hitler and Stalin, et al, ADORED it and used it to justify mass murder?

Please cite and quote one of these supposed Sociology textbooks that claim Hitler ADORED Social Darwinism.

or shall we chalk this up as another of your baloney 'sermons', where truth is irrelevant?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I understand. Biology textbooks often teach evolution, but never teach Social Darwinism.

Are you aware that Sociology textbooks often teach that Social Darwinism is a former belief, a false belief, and that Hitler and Stalin, et al, ADORED it and used it to justify mass murder?

Are you aware that Social Darwinism means "a social construct based on biological (racial) Darwinist/evolutionary beliefs"?

I think you should nod your head, "Yes, I understand," and move on. Cause it STILL looks like you are "excited" about Jew-killing (you've talked about it rhetorically for 20 posts, as if you're unaware that I'm Jewish), and pretty hellbent (pun not intended) on defending Hitler and Stalin, which disgusts me. I recommend you:

1) Renounce the genocide not just by Christians, but by Nazis and other secular perverts--stop claiming that ALL Nazis were religionists, or all Stalinists

2) Renounce racism

3) Get over the fact that racists have leaned on Darwin's WORDS for over a century. GROSS!
Where did any poster anywhere express any joy or happiness or excitement about "Jew-killing" or defended Hitler and his actions in any way, shape or form?

Why do you continually twist people's words in some sad attempt to make them appear to be evil, Hitler supporting racists? Seriously, why are you doing this?? Is your own argument that hard to defend?

gnostic

The Lost One
JESUS CHRIST said what a Christian IS--and the Greek word for Christian (FOLLOWER of Christ) is used repeatedly in the Bible, making it as clear as "vegan".
That’s BS, you know.

No where in the gospels, did Jesus ever personally mention or use word CHRISTIAN or CHRISTIANS.

The only times word Christian were explicitly used, are in Acts 11 & 26 and in 1 Peter 4.

gnostic

The Lost One
Please cite and quote one of these supposed Sociology textbooks that claim Hitler ADORED Social Darwinism.

or shall we chalk this up as another of your baloney 'sermons', where truth is irrelevant?
I am curious too as to where one might find textbooks on Social Darwinism?

I don’t know of any universities teach SD as a subject or a course, so I haven’t heard of any university using SD textbooks.

To @BilliardsBall:

You used the plural “textbooks”, not “textbook”, so there must be multiple “textbooks”.

Textbooks are actual study materials that your lecturers, teachers or tutors want you to read, as part of the syllabus or curriculum of the courses.

And textbooks are frequently used high schools, colleges and universities. You don’t just buy textbooks from any local bookstores.

Back in high schools, they would give a list of books you would need to read for that year. My parents would pay for them, while the school would ordered them and deliver the books the following semester.

But at universities and colleges, they have their own bookshops (the ones I have been to were located inside the universities’ libraries, where they normally have the books in stocks.

In the campus I have been to, there can be hundred of students or more studying the same subject, so you cannot simply borrow the books from the libraries. Frequently there are only 1 or 2 books available in the campus library, so there may be a long line of students reserving this book. By the time you get to borrow this book, the semester may be over.

Anyway, bb.

Can you share the titles of these so-called SD textbooks that are actually being used or taught in university subjects or courses?​

Which university teaches Social Darwinism as a course or as subject?​

I am talking textbooks as study materials, and not simply just library books. There are many library books, but not all of them are use as study materials, the one where you are required to read because they are recommended materials of teachers and lecturers. And I am not talking about books you can find in local bookstores, like at malls or shopping centres, because these books are for general public, not as textbooks.

And btw, BilliardsBall.

I have just did search in one of the universities I used to go to, in Melbourne. I did a search for “Darwinism”. Nothing, nada...not as a subject, and certainly not as course.

So I went to the biggest and oldest university in Melbourne (which is University of Melbourne), and did a search there. An lo and behold:
Darwinism: Evolution & Revolution (HPSC20001)​

But guess what, BB. This undergrad course isn’t available, but more importantly it had nothing to do with Social Darwinism, and no subject on the matter of SD. This course is all about Evolution, biology, not about Social Darwinism or about Hitler.

Why don’t you do a search at your universities near where you live, and see if you can find a course or subject on Social Darwinism.

And btw, try to find SD textbooks used at university, actual study materials used in lectures.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I am curious too as to where one might find textbooks on Social Darwinism?

I don’t know of any universities teach SD as a subject or a course, so I haven’t heard of any university using SD textbooks.

To @BilliardsBall:

You used the plural “textbooks”, not “textbook”, so there must be multiple “textbooks”.

And textbooks are frequently used high schools, colleges and universities. You don’t just buy textbooks from any local bookstores.

Back in high schools, they would give a list of books you would need to read for that year. My parents would pay for them, while the school would ordered them and deliver the books the following semester.

But at universities and colleges, they have their own bookshops (the ones I have been to were located inside the universities’ libraries, where they normally have the books in stocks. In the campus I have been to, there can be hundred of students or more studying the same subject, so you cannot simply borrow the books from the libraries.

Can you share the titles of these so-called SD textbooks that are actually being used or taught in university subjects or courses?

Which university teaches Social Darwinism as a course or as subject?

And btw, BilliardsBall.

I have just did search in one of the universities I used to go to, in Melbourne. I did a search for “Darwinism”. Nothing, nada...not as a subject, and certainly not as course.

So I went to the biggest and oldest university in Melbourne (which is University of Melbourne), and did a search there. An lo and behold:
Darwinism: Evolution & Revolution (HPSC20001)​

But guess what, BB. This undergrad course isn’t available, but more importantly it had nothing to do with Social Darwinism, and no subject on the matter of SD. This course is all about Evolution, biology, not about Social Darwinism or about Hitler.

Why don’t you do a search at your universities near where you live, and see if you can find a course or subject on Social Darwinism.

And btw, try to find SD textbooks used at university, actual study materials used in lectures.

I found three books on 'Social Darwinism' on amazon. All were about the history of social theory. The first is a general history of Social Darwinism. The second specifically says (my bold):

"In seeking to set the record straight, Bannister cuts through the amalgam with an intellectual shredder, exposing the illogic and incompatibility involved in fusing Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species with Herbert Spencer's Social Statics.... Bannister's familiarity with relevant texts and their reception by contemporary social theorists, scholars, and critics on both sides of the Atlantic is impressive."

The third generally looks at how our social theories interact with our ideas on biology.

So, no college or university courses. It does show up in discussions of the history of social theory and the distinction between the biological theory of evolution and the social theory of Social Darwinism is clearly demarcated.

There was one additional book named 'Social Darwinism', but it is a comedy play.

gnostic

The Lost One
I found three books on 'Social Darwinism' on amazon. All were about the history of social theory. The first is a general history of Social Darwinism. The second specifically says (my bold):

"In seeking to set the record straight, Bannister cuts through the amalgam with an intellectual shredder, exposing the illogic and incompatibility involved in fusing Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species with Herbert Spencer's Social Statics.... Bannister's familiarity with relevant texts and their reception by contemporary social theorists, scholars, and critics on both sides of the Atlantic is impressive."

The third generally looks at how our social theories interact with our ideas on biology.

So, no college or university courses. It does show up in discussions of the history of social theory and the distinction between the biological theory of evolution and the social theory of Social Darwinism is clearly demarcated.

There was one additional book named 'Social Darwinism', but it is a comedy play.

Thank you, polymath257.

It is very easy to search for courses and subjects, online, and none of them offered Social Darwinism.

I even did search on university’s bookstore, none of them included Social Darwinism as a textbook in stocks.

So I have to wonder if there are any textbooks on Social Darwinism that bb claimed to exist.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you, polymath257.

It is very easy to search for courses and subjects, online, and none of them offered Social Darwinism.

I even did search on university’s bookstore, none of them included Social Darwinism as a textbook in stocks.

So I have to wonder if there are any textbooks on Social Darwinism that bb claimed to exist.

I wouldn't be too surprised if one of the books I found was used in a *history* class. The Social Darwinist movement was one of the prime intellectual concepts during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. That it had little to nothing to do with evolution is an accident of history.

gnostic

The Lost One
For a person who love history, I have never study them in classrooms beyond what I had learn primary school. Because in primary school, history was most about Australian history, like Captain Cook and his discovery of Australia, the gold rush and Ned Kelly.

And in primary school this history didn’t include the dark sides, it was whitewashed history, that didn’t include the treatments of Australian aborigines, or what some mobs did to the Chinese during the gold rush, or that Ned Kelly was a murderer (the police back then, weren’t good guys, but neither were Ned Kelly and his gang, and Kelly is icon and treated as hero).

But I am talking about my experience with what history was taught in primary school during the 70s. These days, primary school students have more knowledge about Australian history than when I was at their age.

But the thing is, I do like history, but the history of philosophies and philosophers tends to bore me, just like Australian history that was taught to me.

I simply have no interests in Social Darwinism. Yes, I was aware of their presence in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, but who teaches Social Darwinism today?

BilliardsBall is whipping a dead horse, because I don’t know of anyone today supporting Social Darwinism, and really I don’t see any connection between Hitler and Darwin.

But I don’t see BilliardsBall putting this dead horse to rest, because he is continuing defiling this horse.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I am not trying to defend Hitler or to justify or condone racism, genocide, and war, you fool.

You are using straw man argument.

And you are not paying attention to what I have been saying.

What I have been saying that Evolution is biology, not politics, racism, genocide. And Evolution isn’t Social Darwinism, you fool.

I have never supported Hitler or the Holocaust or Social Darwinism. Do you this often? Do you like lying in Jesus’ or in God’s name?

If is anyone sickened, it is how you shamelessly use the Hitler accusation.

This topic is about Evolution (biology), not Social Darwinism.

I agree with you that 1) Evolution is biology, not politics, racism, genocide. And 2) Evolution isn’t Social Darwinism.

I agree 100%. Now it's your turn to agree with a dictionary/encyclopedia definition: Social Darwinism is a social theory/construct based on outmoded Darwinian concepts of human races.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
And yet, there are thousands and thousands of different denominations of christianity - all of whom believe they follow the "correct" version and many of which think the others are "no true christians".

So clearly, it's not that clear.

In fact, it's so unclear that christians themselves can't even agree on it - hence the thousands of denominations.

With thousands of sects disagreeing in this doctrine as you claim, you can give us thousands of definitions for Christians, I'm sure.

Start with these:

1) A Christian trusts Jesus, not themselves, for eternal life

2) A Christian trusts their own efforts, not Jesus's cross and resurrection, for eternal life

3) A hybrid between 1) and 2)

Your turn!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I wrote, is this statement factual or not?

Therefore, you should supply the correct sentence. Hint: look online to see how wrong you are.
I wasn't wrong. You were. That was never part of Darwin's theory. That was why the answer was easy to come to.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
With thousands of sects disagreeing in this doctrine as you claim, you can give us thousands of definitions for Christians, I'm sure.

Start with these:

2) A Christian trusts their own efforts, not Jesus's cross and resurrection, for eternal life

Your turn!
Those are empty statements that can be interpreted in many different ways by believers. They do not help you out of your problem.

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.

Start with these:

Your turn!

Well, if you're a christian, then i suppose i could add:

4) A Christian makes dishonest statements of others and puts words in their mouths.

gnostic

The Lost One
I agree with you that 1) Evolution is biology, not politics, racism, genocide. And 2) Evolution isn’t Social Darwinism.

I agree 100%. Now it's your turn to agree with a dictionary/encyclopedia definition: Social Darwinism is a social theory/construct based on outmoded Darwinian concepts of human races.
You agree with point 1 & 2, and that you are finally admitting SD is social theory or social construct, so why are so insistent in bringing up Social Darwinism, when it has nothing to do with (thread) topic evolutionary biology?

Social Darwinism is irrelevant to the biological theory of Evolution. Hitler is also irrelevant to this topic.

The human races, the colors of skins, the different languages, different cultures and different religions, don’t make humans as different species.

No matter what colors are their skins, they are all still the subspecies Homo sapiens sapiens (which are subspecies of the Homo sapiens).

Just because some people are racists, don’t mean they are of different species; neither are superior over the others.

tas8831

I wrote, is this statement factual or not?

Therefore, you should supply the correct sentence. Hint: look online to see how wrong you are.
Do you know what 'outmoded' means?

How does this support your lie that Hitler and Stalin did what they did "as Darwinists"?

Hint: Look at an online bible to see how wrong you were to spread falsehoods about biblical slavery being mere 'debtors jail'.

The fibs religionists will tell to rescue the sickening habits and beliefs of their religion's founders and teachers and Figureheads.