• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The biggest threat

Vee

Premium Member
I guess it doesn’t matter where we live, what language we speak, whatever skin color, body type, nationality or religion we have, we can all agree that there is a lot of trouble happening in the word.

The survival of many people is in jeopardy. Either because of climate issues, political conflicts, corruption, diseases, violence or economic woes, people seem to be bombarded with problems.

Problems always existed, that’s a fact, but now we have a lot more people on the planet and since a few years now we are taking more from the earth than the planet can replace in a year.

Even if personally I have a decent life, I can’t ignore that the future is looking bleak.

When I think about all these horrible things that keep happening one after the other, sometimes I wonder which is the worst or if there is one that is more harmful than the others. So far, I haven’t been able to isolate one. There are at least three that seem equality terrifying to me.

What about you? What do you think is the biggest threat we face today?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
To me the biggest threat is not any one thing but the very deep rooted clinging to darkness which begets all the specific problems. Whether economic, political or environmental, we have created all our problems.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Diseases are the greatest threat. I think we are in for a few more. They keep mutating and spreading. A bad virus or bacterial infection can knock out people faster than bombs. The next biggest immediate threat is from natural disasters, such as asteroids, earthquakes and supervolcanoes. One supervolcano or one large asteroid could destroy almost everyone in a matter of weeks or minutes.

The next biggest immediate threat is massive death in the oceans due either to pollution or some other facto such as the release of toxins from the Earth's crust. The next biggest immediate threat is nuclear war. After that its a huge Sunspot. Then its an insect mutation, because insects are little machines that reproduce. For example if roaches began to eat animals it would spell doom for many people. Then its a mutation in plants or animals.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The human brain has this inbuilt tendency not to be able to think long term. It hates it and avoids it because it cannot and does not want to comprehend it.

Reactions: Vee

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think there are two biggies, with one being the possibility of nuclear war and the other being global warming.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I guess it doesn’t matter where we live, what language we speak, whatever skin color, body type, nationality or religion we have, we can all agree that there is a lot of trouble happening in the word.

The survival of many people is in jeopardy. Either because of climate issues, political conflicts, corruption, diseases, violence or economic woes, people seem to be bombarded with problems.

Problems always existed, that’s a fact, but now we have a lot more people on the planet and since a few years now we are taking more from the earth than the planet can replace in a year.

Even if personally I have a decent life, I can’t ignore that the future is looking bleak.

When I think about all these horrible things that keep happening one after the other, sometimes I wonder which is the worst or if there is one that is more harmful than the others. So far, I haven’t been able to isolate one. There are at least three that seem equality terrifying to me.

The biggest threat is not thinking of even bigger solutions.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Sitting and wringing our hands about every threat--real or imagined--that could occur in our lives. Bottom line there's not much we can do about man-made threats and nothing we can do about natural disasters. If we waste time trying to tilt at windmills we may miss the true beauty that surrounds lives.

P.S.:
No one lives forever.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
Probably the threat of war. Even though we're not living in a perfect world the simple matter of a threat works up a lot of people. We have to be careful not to upset the wrong people.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Nothing is more destructive than nature. People most likely die due to disease or accidents. We have to fight nature with all we got. I realize humans are nature I didn't know anoher way to put it. Let's also fight accidents let's be safer.