• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The biggest problem.. Us vs Them mentality in politics..

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
obviously not all black lives are equally important to blm
I don't expect you to understand the difference between systemic injustice and other types of injustice.

... but you brought these up as examples of left-wing murder. Don't you remember?

Do you have any examples of actual murders that the far left has committed?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I don't expect you to understand the difference between systemic injustice and other types of injustice.

... but you brought these up as examples of left-wing murder. Don't you remember?

Perhaps she thinks that the Far-Left is nothing but BLM?

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist

This is about a 8 years old child:
Atlanta mayor calls for citizens to stop 'shooting each other' after murder of 8-year-old near BLM protest site | Fox News

This is about a 1 year old child killed by people in BLM:
Grandma of toddler shot dead in NYC slams BLM for doing nothing about the 'killing of innocent kids' | Daily Mail Online

Woman killed by some people in BLM for saying all lives matter
Family says woman was shot dead for saying 'all lives matter' - New York Daily News (nydailynews.com)

Starlight

Perhaps she thinks that the Far-Left is nothing but BLM?

I'm against both far-left and far-right.

Exstreme om both sides is a big problem.

I wrote it in the thread further up but I can write it again:

Rest in peace all who died yesterday because of far-right

Terrible :(

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I'm against both far-left and far-right.

Exstreme om both sides is a big problem.

I wrote it in the thread further up but I can write it again:

Rest in peace all who died yesterday because of far-right

Terrible :(
This in absolutely no way indicates that you believe the Far-Left to be more than just BLM.
In fact, it does absolutely nothing to address the post you quoted in order to make the above quoted reply.

Makes a person wonder if you are even able to keep up with the discussion.

Starlight

Merely repeating it does not help you.
In fact, it hurts your claim.

You behave like a far-left exstremist

Why? Because you think murders far-left is behind
are not that important.

You have a Us vs Them mentality

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Re-posting the same crappy links doesn't make them true.

Again: do you have any actual examples of actual murders by the far left?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
You behave like a far-left exstremist

Why? Because you think murders far-left is behind
are not that important.

You have a Us vs Them mentality
ROTFLMAO

your incompetence is not a reflection of me.
You failed to support your far-left murder claim.
You completely gutted your own OP.
Now in desperation, you are attacking my person.
Now in desperation you are dictating to me what I think.
Then you make a bold face accusation.
Your incompetence is not my fault.
I merely called attention to it.

Starlight

Re-posting the same crappy links doesn't make them true.

Again: do you have any actual examples of actual murders by the far left?

Why do you have a Us vs Them mentality?

I wrote in the opening post:

When people ends up in far left og far right then the danger happen.. then it becomes us vs them mentality. then one begins to believe the side one agrees with never do anything wrong. Then one starts to demonice people who have other opinions

The fact is this:
All the violence and murders both far left and far right is behind is terrible. Both the far right and far left is dangerous. Both the far left and far right is behind terrible actions.

And

Both the left and the right do mistakes. The side one agrees on is not without mistakes

Do you disagree with with this?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Why do you have a Us vs Them mentality?

I wrote in the opening post:

When people ends up in far left og far right then the danger happen.. then it becomes us vs them mentality. then one begins to believe the side one agrees with never do anything wrong. Then one starts to demonice people who have other opinions

The fact is this:
All the violence and murders both far left and far right is behind is terrible. Both the far right and far left is dangerous. Both the far left and far right is behind terrible actions.

And

Both the left and the right do mistakes. The side one agrees on is not without mistakes

Do you disagree with with this?
You're the one demonizing the left. You're accusing them of things they didn't do.

The two sides are not the same.

Starlight

You're the one demonizing the left. You're accusing them of things they didn't do.

The two sides are not the same.

You have a Us vs Them mentality. Why?

You refuse to believe that the far-left is behind the murder. You have received evidence, and yet you refuse to realize that it has happened. You are exactly as I described in the opening post. You think it's just the right side can make mistakes. You think the left side never makes mistakes.

The truth is:

Both the far left and far right is behind terrible actions.

If you deny it, then you are apart of the problem the opening post is describing.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
And when we pigeon hole everyone in the opposition based on the actions of the extremists, we will justify genocide.
Is it reasonable to label the mainstream position of a group as extremism?

The attached image is from 338 Canada's Facebook feed: 82% of Trump supporters support his efforts to hold onto power.

Saying that Trump supporters generally oppose democracy is entirely reasonable.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1610044940909.jpg
    FB_IMG_1610044940909.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You have a Us vs Them mentality. Why?
Not "them;" just you.

You refuse to believe that the far-left is behind the murder.
You've given me no reason to think otherwise.

You have received evidence, and yet you refuse to realize that it has happened. You are exactly as I described in the opening post. You think it's just the right side can make mistakes. You think the left side never makes mistakes.
Anyone who thinks that the left wing doesn't criticize itself has never spent any time in the left wing.

Still...

It's the right, not the left, who broke into the US Capitol and left IEDs.

It's the right, not the left, who tried to kidnap a state governor.

It's the right, not the left, who drove an RV packed with explosives into a Nashville neighborhood and blew it up.

It's the right, not the left, who have - on more than one occasion - murdered peaceful protestors by running them down with cars.

The truth is:

Both the far left and far right is behind terrible actions.

If you deny it, then you are apart of the problem the opening post is describing.
No, you're the problem. You're trying to paint a false equivalency. You're the one trying to accuse the left of things they didn't do.

So why? Why are you trying to demonize the left?

Starlight

Not "them;" just you.

You've given me no reason to think otherwise.

Anyone who thinks that the left wing doesn't criticize itself has never spent any time in the left wing.

Still...

It's the right, not the left, who broke into the US Capitol and left IEDs.

It's the right, not the left, who tried to kidnap a state governor.

It's the right, not the left, who drove an RV packed with explosives into a Nashville neighborhood and blew it up.

It's the right, not the left, who have - on more than one occasion - murdered peaceful protestors by running them down with cars.

No, you're the problem. You're trying to paint a false equivalency. You're the one trying to accuse the left of things they didn't do.

So why? Why are you trying to demonize the left?

What the far-right did yesterday is terrible. Also all the others murders they are behind is terrible. I hope everyone behind it gets the punishment they deserve.
But the murders far-left is behind (I gave you evidence in this thread) is also terrible.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What the far-right did yesterday is terrible. Also all the others murders they are behind is terrible. I hope everyone behind it gets the punishment they deserve.

But the murders far-left is behind (I gave you evidence in this thread) is also terrible.
No, you didn't. Read the links you're posting. You gave us:

- a murder NEAR a BLM protest.
- a murder that had nothing to do with politics, but the grandmother of the victim is upset that BLM didn't protest it.
- a murder where nobody knows who the murderer actually is.

Meanwhile on the right, we have things like this:

Michigan militia planned 'weeklong series of televised executions' as part of kidnapping plot, prosecutors say

Christmas Day bombing damages much of Nashville's 2nd Ave

Neo-Nazi Who Killed Charlottesville Protester Is Sentenced To Life In Prison

Attacks on Black churches can't be tolerated

Proud Boy Arrested On Six Felony Charges In Portland

... and on, and on, and on.