• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang and Evolution

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If you say someone has accepted my challenge, guess who the real liar is. For sure you haven't done it. Why not?

Actually several people have accepted and debunked your challenge, the problem is you refuse to acknowledge or except those rebuttals

omega2xx

The big bang has everything to do with evolution since the Big Bang the whole universe has evolved and we are made from stardust from supernovas where all the elements are formed, through nucleosynthesis. As well as the Earth itself. It's all connected.

Where did the matter that went bang come from and where did the energy that cause the matter to go ban come from?

jonathan180iq

The big bang has everything to do with evolution since the Big Bang the whole universe has evolved and we are made from stardust from supernovas where all the elements are formed, through nucleosynthesis. As well as the Earth itself. It's all connected.
Nice to see you back.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Well said, and it fits what we see on a daily basis, namely that all material objects change over time, and our universe and genes are material objects.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

So big bang is an integral part of petroleum exploration, wildfire management, interior decoration and glass blowing?

No, for practical reasons areas of knowledge and expertise are divided into innumerable subdivisions. Sure, it's all related, but there are very few polymaths who can grasp the whole of it. We study the puzzle piece by piece.

Neither the big bang nor abiogenesis need be addressed by evolutionary biologists.

shawn001

Where did the matter that went bang come from and where did the energy that cause the matter to go ban come from?

Right now they don't of course know. Both a leading hypothesis is virtual particles. As far as physics is concerned there is no such thing as "nothing."
There are other hypothesis's as well on the origin.

shawn001

So big bang is an integral part of petroleum exploration, wildfire management, interior decoration and glass blowing?

No, for practical reasons areas of knowledge and expertise are divided into innumerable subdivisions. Sure, it's all related, but there are very few polymaths who can grasp the whole of it. We study the puzzle piece by piece.

Neither the big bang nor abiogenesis need be addressed by evolutionary biologists.

"So "EVOLUTION" is an integral part of petroleum exploration, wildfire management, interior decoration, and glass blowing?"

"Neither the big bang nor abiogenesis need be addressed by evolutionary biologists"

Yes, I understand its broken down to different sciences and fields, but it helps to know say Chemistry and then it helps to know where all the elements come from in the first place. Personally, I like to look at the big picture and well as different pieces of the puzzle.

omega2xx

Right now they don't of course know. Both a leading hypothesis is virtual particles.
"Virtual particles" that last for a nano second being there source of a universe so vast we don't know its boundaries is laughable.
As far as physics is concerned there is no such thing as "nothing."

Does that mean matter, energy and life are eternal?

And they are just as unscientific and unprovable as vertical particles.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Right now they don't of course know. Both a leading hypothesis is virtual particles. As far as physics is concerned there is no such thing as "nothing."

Depends on the definition of nothing which in itself is not consistent.

Nothing with dimensions? Nothing which photons can traverse? Nothing without dimensions? Nothing with fluctuations? Etc.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"So "EVOLUTION" is an integral part of petroleum exploration, wildfire management, interior decoration, and glass blowing?"
No! Where did you get that?
You're obviously missing my point, but I'm not sure how.
"Neither the big bang nor abiogenesis need be addressed by evolutionary biologists"
Exactly. The area covered by the ToE does not include these areas of research.
Yes, I understand its broken down to different sciences and fields, but it helps to know say Chemistry and then it helps to know where all the elements come from in the first place. Personally, I like to look at the big picture and well as different pieces of the puzzle.
I agree. The ability to see the big picture is a great thing, It makes the world a much richer place, but it doesn't require the individual pieces to be stretched and distorted to cover the whole.
Unless those 3 things are eternal, it points to God. That nothing can't be the source of something, is a no-brainer.
Reality doesn't conform to commonsense or our experience of the world. The world we perceive is not Reality, it's an an abstraction; a Matrix-like dream. If you're going to use your brain, use it to see through the illusion.

What is "eternal?" How does it relate to God, or Relativity?

Things do randomly pop into and out of existence, Time and space are equivalent, the past is as real as the present, effects don't necessarily have causes, and probably don't even exist until we observe them. Solid objects are mostly empty space and, in fact, the solidity of mass is just an illusion created by particles pushing their way through a Higgs field.

You're seeing shadows, Omega. Exit the cave.

shawn001

Does that mean matter, energy and life are eternal?

And they are just as unscientific and unprovable as vertical particles.

First, again there is no such thing as "Nothing" in physics, this is very important! Even if you close your eye's and try to picture "nothing" you can't.

You cannot create or destroy energy. You can't add energy to the universe or destroy it, it just changes. Although not looking good for the end of the universe at this time.

Virtual particles, not vertical ones can't be seen, but they exist in the vacuum of empty space. This bears out in QM experiments.

"Are virtual particles really constantly popping in and out of existence? Or are they merely a mathematical bookkeeping device for quantum mechanics?

"Gordon Kane, director of the Michigan Center for Theoretical Physics at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, provides this answer.

Virtual particles are indeed real particles. Quantum theory predicts that every particle spends some time as a combination of other particles in all possible ways. These predictions are very well understood and tested.

Quantum mechanics allows and indeed requires, temporary violations of conservation of energy, so one particle can become a pair of heavier particles (the so-called virtual particles), which quickly rejoin into the original particle as if they had never been there. If that were all that occurred we would still be confident that it was a real effect because it is an intrinsic part of quantum mechanics, which is extremely well tested, and is a complete and tightly woven theory--if any part of it were wrong the whole structure would collapse...

"Thus virtual particles are indeed real and have observable effects that physicists have devised ways of measuring. Their properties and consequences are well established and well understood consequences of quantum mechanics."

Are virtual particles really constantly popping in and out of existence? Or are they merely a mathematical bookkeeping device for quantum mechanics?

"The Casimir effect is a small attractive force that acts between two close parallel uncharged conducting plates. It is due to quantum vacuum fluctuations of the electromagnetic field. The effect was predicted by the Dutch physicist Hendrick Casimir in 1948."

What is the Casimir effect?

"
One of the most interesting aspects of vacuum energy (with or without mirrors) is that calculated in quantum field theory, it is infinite! To some, this finding implies that the vacuum of space could be an enormous source of energy--called "zero point energy."

What is the Casimir effect?

How can you explain zero-point energy to a non-physicist?

"Now, when non-physicists think of a vacuum they usually think of "empty space", without any particles. However, the fields are always there, even when they're not excited to a higher energy state to create a particle. So a vacuum without any particles still has fields, they are simply not excited."

When fields are not in an excited energy state, they are in a state of lowest energy. This state is the only state in which there are no particles and is also known as the ground state.

However, this is a state of lowest energy, it's not a state of no energy. There is some amount of energy that the field always has, even when it is in the ground state. This energy is called the vacuum energy or "zero-point energy".

In short: A vacuum is not really empty; even if there are no particles, there are still fields. The vacuum energy is simply the energy that fields have when they are in the vacuum ("no particle") state.

https://www.quora.com/How-can-you-explain-zero-point-energy-to-a-non-physicist

As far as life is eternal, life in the universe could be, but I think you're talking about life and people's own consciousness and that may or may not be how it works, right now that doesn't seem to be the case and no science points to it being that way. If you have any that does that is science based, I would like to see it.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yes, Nothing as in absolutely nothing. Which is not possible in physics.

As far as we know. What conditions existed before the bb are unknown, there is nothing in science to describe before the bb. The laws upon which physics is formed did not coalesce until after the event so it is logically possible but highly improbable.