• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The biblical Resurrection

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
This is a topic which is mostly overlooked by many churches. The reason they overlook the subject of the resurrection is that they teach everyone is going to heaven...so who needs a resurrection if you are already alive, right?

Wrong.

The bible has a very strong teaching when it comes to death and resurrection...and it is linked to the other topic which most churches neglect to mention...the paradise.

Jesus and the prophets could resurrect the dead. They performed many miraculous resurrections by Gods power. The reason Jesus performed resurrections when he was on earth was to show what was in store for mankind. As these scriptures show, the resurrection was a firm belief of the prophets of old, and of Jesus and his Apostles:

Isaiah 26:19 “Your dead ones will live. A corpse of mine—they will rise up. Awake and cry out joyfully, YOU residents in the dust! For your dew is as the dew of mallows, and the earth itself will let even those impotent in death drop [in birth].

Daniel 12:2 And there will be many of those asleep in the ground of dust who will wake up, these to indefinitely lasting life and those to reproaches [and] to indefinitely lasting abhorrence.

Matthew 22:31 As regards the resurrection of the dead, did YOU not read what was spoken to YOU by God, saying...,

John 5:28 Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice

John 11:25 Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life;

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.

The resurrection is a sure biblical hope. [youtube]jYoCXs8K68U[/youtube]
Here is a presentation i put together. Hope you enjoy it.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
This is a topic which is mostly overlooked by many churches. The reason they overlook the subject of the resurrection is that they teach everyone is going to heaven...so who needs a resurrection if you are already alive, right?
Wrong.
The bible has a very strong teaching when it comes to death and resurrection...and it is linked to the other topic which most churches neglect to mention...the paradise.
Jesus and the prophets could resurrect the dead. They performed many miraculous resurrections by Gods power. The reason Jesus performed resurrections when he was on earth was to show what was in store for mankind. As these scriptures show, the resurrection was a firm belief of the prophets of old, and of Jesus and his Apostles:

Isaiah 26:19 “Your dead ones will live. A corpse of mine—they will rise up. Awake and cry out joyfully, YOU residents in the dust! For your dew is as the dew of mallows, and the earth itself will let even those impotent in death drop [in birth].

Daniel 12:2 And there will be many of those asleep in the ground of dust who will wake up, these to indefinitely lasting life and those to reproaches [and] to indefinitely lasting abhorrence.

Matthew 22:31 As regards the resurrection of the dead, did YOU not read what was spoken to YOU by God, saying...,

John 5:28 Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice

John 11:25 Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life;

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.
The resurrection is a sure biblical hope. [youtube]jYoCXs8K68U[/youtube]
Here is a presentation i put together. Hope you enjoy it.

But don't many people connect ' paradise ' with being another word for heaven ?_______
As to waking up to a heavenly paradise ?