• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible

Fluffy

A fool
The Bible is still being written. There has just not been an analytical review of the newly written Christian material out there by an infalliable authority eg the Pope to compile it as part of the book. In other words, that is the only difference between the material in the Bible and contemporary Christian writing. I don't view the difference as significant, obviously.

whatever

Yes why did it end why arent more disciples adding to the bible? Is it because people are that tight with god now?
Aqualung said:
What do you mean by that? Why aren't people still recieving revelation?

Aqualung

Tasty
whatever said:
Yes why did it end why arent more disciples adding to the bible? Is it because people are that tight with god now?
I believe it is being added to. As a latter-day saint, I believe that we have a prophet of God running out church, and that he still receives revelation.

whatever

Uhm.. something tells me that there will be nothing added to the bible that we all read.
Fluffy said:
The Bible is still being written. There has just not been an analytical review of the newly written Christian material out there by an infalliable authority eg the Pope to compile it as part of the book. In other words, that is the only difference between the material in the Bible and contemporary Christian writing. I don't view the difference as significant, obviously.

SoyLeche

meh...
There are those among us that would argue that scripture still is being written (not the "Bible" per se, but that's only because the Bible has already been compiled). I don't think that God has told us everything yet.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Why isn't the Bible still being written? Interesting question.

I believe we are still receiving continuing revelation, but it's not in the form of a 'bible so-to-speak.

Fluffy

A fool
Uhm.. something tells me that there will be nothing added to the bible that we all read.
The majority of the Christians I know have not covered the limited material contained in the Bible. I do not blame them, it is a very difficult read in places. However, the importance of a document does not increase with the more people that read it, in my opinion.

joeboonda

I believe the Bible is God's written revelation to us and that it contains all we need to know about him for our sojourn here on earth. I believe anyone who tries to add to it is a false prophet or deceived, and many have done that, even to the point that if any new revelation goes against what the Bible clearly teaches, they will accept it rather than what the Bible says. Some folk say the Bible doesn't answer all their questions well enough, but I think all the revelation we need for this life is there, if people would simply delve into its rich depths of wisdom and spiritual gems.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
joeboonda said:
I believe the Bible is God's written revelation to us and that it contains all we need to know about him for our sojourn here on earth. I believe anyone who tries to add to it is a false prophet or deceived, and many have done that, even to the point that if any new revelation goes against what the Bible clearly teaches, they will accept it rather than what the Bible says. Some folk say the Bible doesn't answer all their questions well enough, but I think all the revelation we need for this life is there, if people would simply delve into its rich depths of wisdom and spiritual gems.
Just out of curiosity, how many false prophets out there say "ok folks, I'm going against what is clearly being taught in scripture." :D

~Victor

Ormiston

Victor said:
Just out of curiosity, how many false prophets out there say "ok folks, I'm going against what is clearly being taught in scripture." :D

~Victor
I sure wouldn't. :162:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
whatever said:
I know there is no answer for this question:

Why isn't the bible still being written?
This is a very interesting question though.

There are thousands of Words on Christianity written every day.
some of them exceptionally interesting and may be equally important.
There are so many that they could not all be read and graded, compiled and distributed in a universal way.
Though I am sure that a proportion of these should be recognised as seminal Ideas and compiled in some way.
They would not be the Bible or even A Bible, But they deserve a better audience and a greater respect than can be obtained by a chance encounter.

Terry___________________
Blessed are the merciful, mercy shall be shown unto them.

Steve

whatever said:
People have a hard enough time with what it already teaches, as it is, it tells us what we need to know,
-There will be judgement for all after they die.
-All have sinned.
-Even though we all sin God loves us so much that he made a way for us to be reconciled to him. Christ paid for our sin on the cross so that Gods justice has already been served for those who turn to Him for salvation.