• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible Is A Heavily Outdated Book

Eric Hyom

And many governments and churches also support this.

The greatest commandments are to love God and to love all our neighbours as we love ourselves. We can do nothing greater, we are asked to love and pray for our enemies, and to forgive them. We live in an unjust world, because we cannot follow the teachings of Jesus.

The bible has around two thousand passages that relate to justice for the poor and oppressed. This is one of them

Mathew 25
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The greatest commandments are to love God and to love all our neighbours as we love ourselves. We can do nothing greater, we are asked to love and pray for our enemies, and to forgive them. We live in an unjust world, because we cannot follow the teachings of Jesus.
And that is EXACTLY where I'm coming from as well, thus my commitment to nonviolence.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I believe God does not think they are evil; He knows they are evil.

I believe one has to look at the order from Pharaoh to kill Jewish babies. Was it due to Jew acting as their enemies or was it just a matter of pride and convenience which would mean they shed innocent blood.
Thank you for the perfect example of how religion can warp minds and destroy moral compasses.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
You live on a planet where we allow about nine million people to die from hunger every year. Over three million children die from hunger and hunger related disease every year. There are enough recourses in the world to feed every one.
You are right about this. In fact, the world already produces enough food that would feed over 10 billion people.

I think, mainly, the problem is that worldwide, those in positions of authority in third-world, backward countries let it rot, to secure & reinforce their political power.

And greed is another source. The food waste in the U.S. alone is staggering!

Audie

Veteran Member
I deny the past? To whom are you referring?

Because it’s not me.
Not so much denial as such, as choosing to
believe a fantasy past.
Like white people in the Ameri an south who
have a "Gone with the wind" nostalgia for what bever was.

Audie

Veteran Member
The one that says babies are evil.
It takes two previous abandonments of
all sense of justice and decency to even
get to that immorality.

Maybe more than two. But let's look at-
1. God takes Pharoahs will and won't allow him
to let the people go.
2. The idea of punishing anyone for another's actions.

Who knows why the story was written at all.

But it portrays "god" as a terrifying psycho.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It takes two previous abandonments of
all sense of justice and decency to even
get to that immorality.

Maybe more than two. But let's look at-
1. God takes Pharoahs will and won't allow him
to let the people go.
2. The idea of punishing anyone for another's actions.

Who knows why the story was written at all.

But it portrays "god" as a terrifying psycho.
Yep it does. I think we can do better than that.