• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible Is A Heavily Outdated Book

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Don't forget the covenant of Muhammad and The Bab.

From your link: The Bahá’í Faith began with the mission entrusted by God to two Divine Messengers—the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh. Today, the distinctive unity of the Faith They founded stems from explicit instructions given by Bahá’u’lláh that have assured the continuity of guidance following His passing.This line of succession, referred to as the Covenant, went from Bahá’u’lláh to His Son ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, and then from ‘Abdu’l-Bahá to His grandson, Shoghi Effendi, and the Universal House of Justice, ordained by Bahá’u’lláh. A Bahá’í accepts the divine authority of the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh and of these appointed successors.

Really, the covenant of Baha'u'llah is no more than a line of succession?
I suppose that means that any schisms in Baha'i would have to be in the Universal House of Justice.
The post I just posted above addresses the different kinds of Covenants. You are referring to the Lesser Covenant, which is the line of succession of authority within a religion.

Lesser Covenant

This is the covenant that is made regarding the successorship of authority within the religion.[1] In Baháʼí belief the manner in which the Covenant of Baháʼu'lláh was clearly put forth is seen as being a fundamental defining feature of the religion and a powerful protector of the unity of the Baháʼí Faith and its adherents.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenant of Baháʼu'lláh

Owing to how it operates, there can be no schisms within the Universal House of Justice.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Yes I believe what the Bible tells us about the Spirit of Truth and you believe what Baha'i tells you that the Bible tells us,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but it doesn't, you can check.

John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 15:26 “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. 27 And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.
As someone who questions Christianity as much as the Baha'i Faith, I agree with you. The "Spirit of Truth" the "Advocate" and the "Holy Spirit" are all the same thing. I don't believe it is some prophecy about Baha'u'llah that won't be fulfilled for 2000 years. This fulfillment works just fine.

Acts 2 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
Yet, Baha'is accuse Christians of misinterpreting their own Scriptures. It's bad enough that they do it with the "Spirit of Truth" verses, but they also do it with the verses that clearly say that Jesus showed himself to be alive. I still feel Baha'is would be better off just saying that the NT and Bible were written by men and are not accurate. But they then have to make up interpretations that make the Bible and NT fit their beliefs. I really think it hurts them, rather than helping them.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
As someone who questions Christianity as much as the Baha'i Faith, I agree with you. The "Spirit of Truth" the "Advocate" and the "Holy Spirit" are all the same thing. I don't believe it is some prophecy about Baha'u'llah that won't be fulfilled for 2000 years. This fulfillment works just fine.

Acts 2 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
The Holy Spirit was sent at Pentecost.

Acts 2 King James Version (KJV)
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

And then the Holy Spirit was sent again in the last days that we are now living in. In that same chapter in which we find the Pentecost account, we have (Acts 2:17-21) showing that God would once again pour out His Spirit upon all flesh:

Acts 2:17-21 was spoken by the prophet Joel, and it was a prophecy that referred to the last days, the days when Christ would return.

Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

Acts 2:17-21And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2:17-21 is a prophecy and it has been fulfilled by the coming of Baha’u’llah.

All these wonders in the heavens and signs on the earth happened before Baha’u’llah appeared, and thus He fulfilled the prophecies for the Return of Christ.

Revelation 6:12-14 I looked when He broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood; and the stars of the sky fell to the earth, as a fig tree casts its unripe figs when shaken by a great wind. The sky was split apart like a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.…

Matthew 24:29-30 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Mark 13:24-26”But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

“As we look, we find the events recorded (in Revelation), following on in the order predicted.” (Our Day in the Light of Prophecy, Spicer, p. 77.)

These three events would take place successively, each one in turn heralding a closer approach of the footsteps of the Messiah, until, shortly after the last of the three, the star-fall, He would appear.....

These prophecies gave already been fulfilled in the exact order predicted.

1. The Lisbon earthquake, 1755. 1755 Lisbon earthquake
2. The Dark Day, 1780. New England's Dark Day
3. The Falling Stars, 1833. The Falling of the Stars

Excerpts from: http://bahai-library.com/pdf/s/sears_thief_night.pdf

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What? No I don't believe it, you disagree with the Bible?
But wait, how can you say that if you also say that the gospel of Jesus is still in force today? The Gospel is the New Covenant.
As a Baha'i I believe that God is working through Baha'u'llah during this Dispensation, but the Gospel message will always be valid.

Matthew 24:35 “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
Jesus spoke to His disciples and promised them the Spirit of Truth to be with them forever, and that this Spirit of Truth would live with and in them.
John 14:15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Another promise to those disciples:
John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 15:26 “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. 27 And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

The Spirit of Truth reminded them of what Jesus said (testified to them) and they testified the same thing to the world.
Baha'u'llah says that he is the Spirit of Truth that was promised to come and live in the disciples of 2000 years ago.
The Holy Spirit was sent at Pentecost, but the Spirit of Truth was sent in the last days, as I explained in this post:
#63 Trailblazer

As you already know, I believe that the Spirit of Truth and the Advocate are referring to Baha'u'llah, who testified of Jesus. The Advocate is the same as the Comforter, depending upon which translation you read.

John 15:26 - Bible Gateway

Jesus promised to send the Comforter and the Spirit of truth and Jesus said what he would do when he came.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13-14 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

One of the various proofs that Baha’u’llah was the Comforter and the Spirit of truth is that Baha’u’llah did EXACTLY what Jesus said the Comforter and Spirit of truth would do. Referring to Jesus as the Son of Man, Baha’u’llah testified of Jesus and glorified Jesus.

“Know thou that when the Son of Man yielded up His breath to God, the whole creation wept with a great weeping. By sacrificing Himself, however, a fresh capacity was infused into all created things. Its evidences, as witnessed in all the peoples of the earth, are now manifest before thee. The deepest wisdom which the sages have uttered, the profoundest learning which any mind hath unfolded, the arts which the ablest hands have produced, the influence exerted by the most potent of rulers, are but manifestations of the quickening power released by His transcendent, His all-pervasive, and resplendent Spirit.

We testify that when He came into the world, He shed the splendor of His glory upon all created things. Through Him the leper recovered from the leprosy of perversity and ignorance. Through Him, the unchaste and wayward were healed. Through His power, born of Almighty God, the eyes of the blind were opened, and the soul of the sinner sanctified.”

Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 85-86

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
My mother taught English for A level for many years and used to lament how hard it was to teach literature to people with no background understanding of Christianity - something she encountered more and more frequently in the years leading up to her retirement. References to biblical imagery, quoted bible verses and concepts from Christian doctrine pervade so much of our literature. Much the same goes for the classical myths.

In fact, it was partly this that caused my wife and I to decide to bring up our son Catholic, as we had ourselves been (she was French), and to return to church attendance, which we had both given up. He's given up on religion but he does know his way around it when he comes across references to it.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but it's entirely possible to be religiously informed but not of a religion.

I'd admit that has limitations, but I'd also say;

1) I've got a decent handle on both CoE and Catholicism, as well as some other religions. Direct exposure varies, but my atheism hasn't.

2) People raised Catholic (as an example) often have weird beliefs anyway. The amount of accidental heretics I've spoken to is pretty amazing.

I was raised Church of England (actively) until about the end of primary school, just for context, but I've dated Catholics, and have Catholic relatives, which led to some direct exposure. And theory is pretty available to anyone with an interest.

One of my daughter's has a decent handle on some classical Paganism now (but less belief than me) whilst my other daughter only seems interested in the religion of basketball.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Who's the Advocate? It says the Holy Spirit. Who came at Pentecost? The Holy Spirit. Of course, Baha'is want to tie in their prophet to as many Bible and NT verses as they can. But if their guy is the Advocate and the Spirit of Truth, then he has to also be the Holy Spirit. I don't understand why they do it, when, at other times, they say how the gospels were written by men and aren't necessarily the exact words of Jesus anyway.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but it's entirely possible to be religiously informed but not of a religion.

I'd admit that has limitations, but I'd also say;

1) I've got a decent handle on both CoE and Catholicism, as well as some other religions. Direct exposure varies, but my atheism hasn't.

2) People raised Catholic (as an example) often have weird beliefs anyway. The amount of accidental heretics I've spoken to is pretty amazing.

I was raised Church of England (actively) until about the end of primary school, just for context, but I've dated Catholics, and have Catholic relatives, which led to some direct exposure. And theory is pretty available to anyone with an interest.

One of my daughter's has a decent handle on some classical Paganism now (but less belief than me) whilst my other daughter only seems interested in the religion of basketball.
Yes, to be religiously informed, about European Christianity, was the object of our choice about how to bring up our son. And it has done its job. He understands the tradition and the references and, equally importantly, he does not have the stupid, simplistic or ignorant notions about Christianity, as a worldview, that we sometimes see on this forum.

Brian2

Veteran Member
And then the Holy Spirit was sent again in the last days that we are now living in. In that same chapter in which we find the Pentecost account, we have (Acts 2:17-21) showing that God would once again pour out His Spirit upon all flesh:

Acts 2:17-21 was spoken by the prophet Joel, and it was a prophecy that referred to the last days, the days when Christ would return.

Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

Acts 2:17-21And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2:17-21 is a prophecy and it has been fulfilled by the coming of Baha’u’llah.

Acts 2:14 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. 15 These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! 16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

As you can see, Peter said that Pentecost was what the prophet Joel prophesied. Obviously not all the prophecy happened on that day and the signs in the earth and sky would happen later before great and notable day of the Lord. And since the prophecy begins with: Acts 2:17-21And it shall come to pass in the last days
That means that the beginning of the last days was then, 2000 years ago.
It is easy to understand what is written there really, please try before answering and saying that it does not mean that. It is very plain.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Who's the Advocate? It says the Holy Spirit. Who came at Pentecost? The Holy Spirit. Of course, Baha'is want to tie in their prophet to as many Bible and NT verses as they can. But if their guy is the Advocate and the Spirit of Truth, then he has to also be the Holy Spirit. I don't understand why they do it, when, at other times, they say how the gospels were written by men and aren't necessarily the exact words of Jesus anyway.

Yes it is hard to understand why they do it when it is so plain that they are wrong. But the interesting part is that they seem blind to what the Bible actually says. Imo they have been blinded.
The Advocate (also called the Paraclete or Comforter) is the Spirit of Truth and the Holy Spirit. I hear that Muhammad claimed to be the Advocate.

Brian2

Veteran Member
What is the everlasting covenant Hebrews 13?

Hebrews 13:20 refers to the blood of the everlasting covenant, which of course is Jesus' blood. Hebrews 9:12 says that Jesus entered once for all into the holy place by his own blood, having obtained an eternal redemption. Jesus' blood, the blood of the new covenant, obtained an “eternal” redemption.Mar 30, 2015

What is “The Eternal Covenant” in Hebrews 13:20? (Fred G. Zaspel)

The way I interpret that is that Jesus saved us once and for all with His blood, and that is confirmed in the Baha'i Writings.

Jesus saved who with His blood?
Where is that confirmed in the Baha'i writings?

Greater covenant
The greater covenant refers to the covenant made between each messenger from God, which the literature of the Baháʼí Faith name Manifestations of God, and his followers regarding the coming of the next Manifestation from God.

The Lesser Covenant refers to succession of authority within each religion.

The New Covenant Jesus made is, the one promised in the OT (Jer 31:31) is the only one Jesus made.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
George Bush may well have said God Bless America when he went off to bomb Afghanistan and Iraq. That was the will of George, not of God. Many Christians protested against the wars, but George called it a crusade against terror.

God commanded us to love all our neighbours, he said we should love and pray for our enemies, and we should forgive. George went against the greatest commandments, so how could he justify he was going to war in God's name?

At some point, George will stand before God. My hope is, that he will have to face all the innocent people who suffered and died as a result of his orders.
Thus, if we use pretty much the same analogy, it's not science that's the problem but when some may misuse it. Science is not the enemy of religion, it's the misuse of it by some.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Acts 2:14 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. 15 These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! 16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

As you can see, Peter said that Pentecost was what the prophet Joel prophesied. Obviously not all the prophecy happened on that day and the signs in the earth and sky would happen later before great and notable day of the Lord. And since the prophecy begins with: Acts 2:17-21And it shall come to pass in the last days
It is easy to understand what is written there really, please try before answering and saying that it does not mean that. It is very plain.
Another interesting thing is that the Baha'is use Bill Sears book to show how an Earthquake, the Sun darkened, and the stars fell from the sky. But all those things happened years and even decades before the Bab and Baha'u'llah. But those things were to happen just after a time of tribulation. I don't think I've heard any Baha'i talk about what were the events that happened that qualify as being those tribulations? But actually, I know that they are just picking out certain verses, so I'm not surprised when they don't look at the complete context of what was said. And one thing that I've asked them several times is... What prophecies, in what Scriptures, say that the end-time Messiah would finally come, get rejected, get imprisoned and exiled, die and not actually fix things? In Revelation the Christ comes and conquers the evil kings and rulers, casts Satan into a fiery abyss and establishes God's Kingdom. I don't how far they can take their "symbolic" interpretations, but that's a lot of symbolism if they're going to explain those verses in Revelation.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

The beginning of the last days was 2000 years ago, and these are all the days that would lead up to the second coming of Christ.

In truth, the last days began at the close of Christ’s ministry on earth, and will continue until His second coming.
What Does the Bible Say about the Last Days?

It is very easy to understand what Acts 2 is referring to. There are three parts to that chapter.

The first part of the Chapter, verses 1-15, refer to the Day of Pentecost.

Verses 1-4 describe the Holy Spirit coming from heaven to all those who were present.

Acts 2 King James Version (KJV)

2 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Verses 5-13 describe the reaction of the men who were present to the Holy Spirit coming down from heaven.

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

**** The verse about Peter (verse 14) and what Peter said in verse 15 refers to the Day of Pentecost. It has nothing to do with verses 16-21. In verse 15, referring to verse 13, Peter was saying that the men were not drunken since it is the middle of the day!

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The second part of the chapter is the Verse 16, introducing us to what would be spoken by the prophet Joel. Verses 17-21 are what was spoken by the prophet Joel, foretelling what will come to pass right before Christ returns. The second coming of Christ is the culmination of the last days. When Christ returns, whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verses 22-47 are the third part of the chapter, which pick up where verse 15 left off.

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain