• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible and the Zodiac

Here are some similarities I'd like to throw out there for discussion.

The Bible
1. The virgin birth of Jesus in a manger.
2. The gospels focus on Jesus birth and ministry and doesn't discuss the in between.
3. Christians celebrate his resurrection at vernal equinox.
4. Jesus symbolism in the fish.
5. The place of the last supper, Luke 22
6. The 4 living creatures of Rev 4:7
7. The prophesy of Ezekiel.

The Zodiac comparison
1. The Sun is born under the sign of Virgo on Dec 25th in between the signs of Capricorn the goat and Sagittarius the half man/horse "in the manger with the animals".

2. So after the birth in the manger we skip adolescents and where do we find Jesus, or the Sun? In the next zodiac house after passing through the manger of Capricorn and Sagittarius we find Aquarius the water bearer or "John who baptizes with water". Where does Jesus go directly after being baptized by the water bearer? The Sun moves into the house of the 2 fish Pisces or "the 2 fisherman Jesus runs into and mskes fishers of men".

3. The vernal equinox is when the Sun rises above the equator for the first time since its death the previous year at the autumn equinox where it passed below the equator symbolizing death. This is the symbolic resurection of the Sun.

4. We are currently in the age of Pisces, symbolized by the fish. Jesus came on the scene at the dawning of this age.

5. The man holding the pitcher of water in Luke 22 concerning the last supper appears to be in reference to the coming sge of Aquarius the water bearer.

6. The living creatures like a lion=constellation of Leo, the calf=constellatiion of Taurus,a man=constellation of Aquarius,an eagle=constellation of scorpio "scorpio is the only major constellation represented by 2 animals, the scorpion and the eagle".

7. Faces in Ezekiel, face of a man=Aquarius, face of a lion=Leo, face of a bull=Taurus, face of an eagle=Scorpio.

In addition to the above considering we are currently in the age of the Pisces which Jesus brought us into represented by the fish. if you trace it backwards the prior age was that of Aries represented by the Ram. Moses brought in that age and The Shofar the Jews use in religious ceremonies is a rams horn. When Moses came on the scene idol calf worship was popular. Previous to the age of Aries was the age of Taurus represented by the bull and was the cause of the idol calf worship Moses described as he was bringing the people out of the age of Taurus and into the age of Aries as Jesus brought in the age of Pisces.

There are many more of these similarities but this is enough to discuss.

Also considering my description of the characters and the ages, should we expect a simular occurrence as we approach the coming age of Aquarius?

Discuss...

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting and very creative. I don't necessarily think it means anything though.

Side note: Taurus is the Bull, not the calf, and far as I've ever heard the sign of Scorpio is just a scorpion. Where are you getting the eagle from?

Interesting and very creative. I don't necessarily think it means anything though.

Side note: Taurus is the Bull, not the calf, and far as I've ever heard the sign of Scorpio is just a scorpion. Where are you getting the eagle from?

Yes well the rams horn isnt a ram either. Your splitting hairs. Plenty of bull worship for that time period in Eygpt.

Below is the scorpio eagle info

http://thezodiac.com/eagle2.htm

Below is a link to Da Vinci famous painting of the last supper. Notice how all 12 Disciples are arranged in groups of 3.
When you draw the cross of the solstices and equinox's and place the 12 Zodiac digns within them, They are seperated in groups of 3 as you have 3 signs in each if the 4 seasons.

Da Vinci know very well that Jesus was a representation of the Sun and that the 12 Disciples represented the 12 Constellations.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Supper_(Leonardo_da_Vinci)

That's my all time fav topic :D

I started a thread about it about a month ago, but didn't get much attention.

Take a look if you wish here

...And I'll be back. :cool:

Lol, im new and didn't see yours otherwise i'd have posted there.
Although I can see why they haven't gotten much attention. Too too hard to deny and even harder to accept for some.

Nefelie

Since there are too many references and sources and quotes, for starters I will not give these sources, in order to make the post short, or else it won’t be a post… it will be a book lol

But, be sure I have everything needed to back up what I write and everything is available if someone asks for them :)

1. The virgin birth of Jesus in a manger. ~~~ 1. The Sun is born under the sign of Virgo on Dec 25th in between the signs of Capricorn the goat and Sagittarius the half man/horse "in the manger with the animals".

Also:

1) The “three kings” that are the “belt” of the constellation of Orion that “follow the bright star” which is the sun.

2) The reference to the Christ as “tsemach (צֶמַח) ” in Hebrew “vlastos (βλαστός)” in Greek which means “sprout”, is also the name of the brightest star of the constellation of Virgo: “spica” (latin for “sprout”).

3) His birth in “Bethlehem” which means “house of bread (food)”, which is the house of Virgo.

4) Of course the connection of the Winter Solstice with all earlier Solar deities.

2. The gospels focus on Jesus birth and ministry and doesn't discuss the in between. ~~~ 2. So after the birth in the manger we skip adolescents and where do we find Jesus, or the Sun? In the next zodiac house after passing through the manger of Capricorn and Sagittarius we find Aquarius the water bearer or "John who baptizes with water". Where does Jesus go directly after being baptized by the water bearer? The Sun moves into the house of the 2 fish Pisces or "the 2 fisherman Jesus runs into and mskes fishers of men". ~~~

Just some small additions:

Right after the birth, we see Jesus teaching to the Temple at the age of 12. A very significant age/number.

His actual ministry starts at age 30, which is connected with the 30 degrees that each zodiac possesses in the zodiac circle.

The baptism by the Aquarius and the fish symbolism is connected with the constellation of Piscis Austrinis (southern fish) which is right under the constellation of Aquarius, and has been known to ancient Greeks as “the Saviour”.

Also considering my description of the characters and the ages, should we expect a similar

As in a Revelation or “end of world as we know it”?... Wow that’s a huge subject… :eek:

~~~

A calf is a young bull and I think you already had your answer about the scorpio-eagle connection.

Also, consider this: why do we say “age of Aries” and “age of Pisces” and “age of Aquarius” and so on?

It has to do with the position of the Sun during the Spring Equinox.

During the OT times, the Sun was rising in the house of Aries, the rum, on the Spring Equinox.

But what about the beginning of OT times? That’s where the 4 creatures around the throne of God come from: The Sun was rising in the house of Taurus, the bull, on the Spring Equinox. So, it was in Scorpio for the Autumn Equinox and the Sun Cross was completed with Leo, the lion, for Summer Solstice and Aquarius, the man, for Winter Solstice.

During Jesus’ time, the Sun was moving from Aries to Pisces on the Spring Equinox. This means that in was in Virgo for the Autumn Equinox. So, the Sun Cross was completed with Gemini for Summer Solstice and Sagittarius for Winter Solstice.

As for the coming age of Aquarius, if you look at the sky today (well, Spring Equinox has passed, but you can see it in any astronomy app) the Sun is rising between Pisces and Aquarius (that is why we are entering the age of Aquarius) and in Leo for the Autumn Equinox. The the Sun Cross is completed with Taurus for Summer Solstice and Scorpio for Winter Solstice.

zodiac-drawing-21881064.jpg

~~~

Lol, im new and didn't see yours otherwise i'd have posted there.
Although I can see why they haven't gotten much attention. Too too hard to deny and even harder to accept for some.

I was only warming up :(

Riders

Well I who am an earthbased person who attends a Pagan service for the Verity Gods and Godesses and am Zen Buddhist and Universalist am interested.

I use to be Christian and most of my family is Christian. To me it strikes me as earthbased the whole entirety of the Christian religion,but Christians canta ccept it.

But, I think that the most important question to all this, is WHY there is such a connection...

Thank you for making clear
Since there are too many references and sources and quotes, for starters I will not give these sources, in order to make the post short, or else it won’t be a post… it will be a book lol

But, be sure I have everything needed to back up what I write and everything is available if someone asks for them :)

Also:

1) The “three kings” that are the “belt” of the constellation of Orion that “follow the bright star” which is the sun.

2) The reference to the Christ as “tsemach (צֶמַח) ” in Hebrew “vlastos (βλαστός)” in Greek which means “sprout”, is also the name of the brightest star of the constellation of Virgo: “spica” (latin for “sprout”).

3) His birth in “Bethlehem” which means “house of bread (food)”, which is the house of Virgo.

4) Of course the connection of the Winter Solstice with all earlier Solar deities.

Just some small additions:

Right after the birth, we see Jesus teaching to the Temple at the age of 12. A very significant age/number.

His actual ministry starts at age 30, which is connected with the 30 degrees that each zodiac possesses in the zodiac circle.

The baptism by the Aquarius and the fish symbolism is connected with the constellation of Piscis Austrinis (southern fish) which is right under the constellation of Aquarius, and has been known to ancient Greeks as “the Saviour”.

As in a Revelation or “end of world as we know it”?... Wow that’s a huge subject… :eek:

~~~

A calf is a young bull and I think you already had your answer about the scorpio-eagle connection.

Also, consider this: why do we say “age of Aries” and “age of Pisces” and “age of Aquarius” and so on?

It has to do with the position of the Sun during the Spring Equinox.

During the OT times, the Sun was rising in the house of Aries, the rum, on the Spring Equinox.

But what about the beginning of OT times? That’s where the 4 creatures around the throne of God come from: The Sun was rising in the house of Taurus, the bull, on the Spring Equinox. So, it was in Scorpio for the Autumn Equinox and the Sun Cross was completed with Leo, the lion, for Summer Solstice and Aquarius, the man, for Winter Solstice.

During Jesus’ time, the Sun was moving from Aries to Pisces on the Spring Equinox. This means that in was in Virgo for the Autumn Equinox. So, the Sun Cross was completed with Gemini for Summer Solstice and Sagittarius for Winter Solstice.

As for the coming age of Aquarius, if you look at the sky today (well, Spring Equinox has passed, but you can see it in any astronomy app) the Sun is rising between Pisces and Aquarius (that is why we are entering the age of Aquarius) and in Leo for the Autumn Equinox. The the Sun Cross is completed with Taurus for Summer Solstice and Scorpio for Winter Solstice.

zodiac-drawing-21881064.jpg

~~~

I was only warming up :(

Those were great and the explanation spot on :)

Well I who am an earthbased person who attends a Pagan service for the Verity Gods and Godesses and am Zen Buddhist and Universalist am interested.

I use to be Christian and most of my family is Christian. To me it strikes me as earthbased the whole entirety of the Christian religion,but Christians canta ccept it.

Very true. I spent most of my life as a Christian and I didn't want to accept it either when I studied it but I would rather have the truth than a lie no matter the consequences.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Here are some similarities I'd like to throw out there for discussion.

The Bible
1. The virgin birth of Jesus in a manger.
2. The gospels focus on Jesus birth and ministry and doesn't discuss the in between.
3. Christians celebrate his resurrection at vernal equinox.
4. Jesus symbolism in the fish.
5. The place of the last supper, Luke 22
6. The 4 living creatures of Rev 4:7
7. The prophesy of Ezekiel.

The Zodiac comparison
1. The Sun is born under the sign of Virgo on Dec 25th in between the signs of Capricorn the goat and Sagittarius the half man/horse "in the manger with the animals".

2. So after the birth in the manger we skip adolescents and where do we find Jesus, or the Sun? In the next zodiac house after passing through the manger of Capricorn and Sagittarius we find Aquarius the water bearer or "John who baptizes with water". Where does Jesus go directly after being baptized by the water bearer? The Sun moves into the house of the 2 fish Pisces or "the 2 fisherman Jesus runs into and mskes fishers of men".

3. The vernal equinox is when the Sun rises above the equator for the first time since its death the previous year at the autumn equinox where it passed below the equator symbolizing death. This is the symbolic resurection of the Sun.

4. We are currently in the age of Pisces, symbolized by the fish. Jesus came on the scene at the dawning of this age.

5. The man holding the pitcher of water in Luke 22 concerning the last supper appears to be in reference to the coming sge of Aquarius the water bearer.

6. The living creatures like a lion=constellation of Leo, the calf=constellatiion of Taurus,a man=constellation of Aquarius,an eagle=constellation of scorpio "scorpio is the only major constellation represented by 2 animals, the scorpion and the eagle".

7. Faces in Ezekiel, face of a man=Aquarius, face of a lion=Leo, face of a bull=Taurus, face of an eagle=Scorpio.

In addition to the above considering we are currently in the age of the Pisces which Jesus brought us into represented by the fish. if you trace it backwards the prior age was that of Aries represented by the Ram. Moses brought in that age and The Shofar the Jews use in religious ceremonies is a rams horn. When Moses came on the scene idol calf worship was popular. Previous to the age of Aries was the age of Taurus represented by the bull and was the cause of the idol calf worship Moses described as he was bringing the people out of the age of Taurus and into the age of Aries as Jesus brought in the age of Pisces.

There are many more of these similarities but this is enough to discuss.

Also considering my description of the characters and the ages, should we expect a simular occurrence as we approach the coming age of Aquarius?

Discuss...

Yep, most of the ancient religions go back to worship of the Sun and planets.

Most ancient religions have now been termed mythology, - and thus their Sun worship is recognized and accepted, and the information readily available. Not so with the major religions still in use today. This topic usually has people coming in attempting to destroy the topic with anger and ridicule.

I'm pleasantly surprised that this thread is staying respectful, - so far. :)

Yep, most of the ancient religions go back to worship of the Sun and planets.

Most ancient religions have now been termed mythology, - and thus their Sun worship is recognized and accepted, and the information readily available. Not so with the major religions still in use today. This topic usually has people coming in attempting to destroy the topic with anger and ridicule.

I'm pleasantly surprised that this thread is staying respectful, - so far. :)

Well that wouldn't be very Christian like...

Seriously though, theres really not a counter to this information that isn't just blind bias.

...So... what do you think is the reason? What's your opinion? :)

Considering how many generations it would have taken to gain the knowledge the ancients had in astronomy, its likely that the knowledge was gained through telling generational stories with each generation adding small layers of new information leading to the mass of accumilated knowledge we know the ancients had.
Further details of the stories themselves may have tried to reflect percieved influences of the earth and its people under these alignments.
Historically it may be that the people hearing these stories were aware of their esoteric meanings and that over time the common people lost their knowledge of the esoteric and were only given the exoteric that was used by those in authority to control their subjects behavior.
Thats just a theory of course but its also why, even though I don't believe in the many religous text of the world as they are prescribed by their authorities, I do believe that many are have a deep well of esoteric knowledge.