• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible And Science: Insects

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes they do, and the Bible doesn't say otherwise. The ones the Bible specifies also walk on all fours. This is how the six legged insects are distinguished in the relevant verses given.
Is this the best rationalization you can come up with?

Anyone without any knowledge of how many legs insects have would be mislead by the Bible into thinking insects only have four legs.

Stretch propaganda all you want. Call me names. It will not change the facts.

Earthling

David Henson
I'll ask you again. Did you make that video? Is that how you know the condition of the insect in that video?

Are you serious, bug man? You've never seen the insects in question walk on four legs? Are you suggesting that the video is CGI or something? Do you have to do that in order to make the Bible look questionable? The real question I have for you is why in hell a Christian would do that? Is it a joke?!

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Yes they do, and the Bible doesn't say otherwise. The ones the Bible specifies also walk on all fours. This is how the six legged insects are distinguished in the relevant verses given.
You know. Every insect also has one leg. And two. And three. But they have a total of six. You are not supposed to stop counting just because you get to your favorite number. I suppose some people can only count to four.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Are you serious, bug man? You've never seen the insects in question walk on four legs? Are you suggesting that the video is CGI or something? Do you have to do that in order to make the Bible look questionable? The real question I have for you is why in hell a Christian would do that? Is it a joke?!
It's over guy. I know it now. When all this nonsense starts to fly. It's done.

Earthling

David Henson
Is this the best rationalization you can come up with?

Anyone without any knowledge of how many legs insects have would be mislead by the Bible into thinking insects only have four legs.

Stretch propaganda all you want. Call me names. It will not change the facts.

I don't need to change the facts. For you to suggest that Moses, who ate these insects didn't know they had six legs is stupid.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
If you are a Christian, why do you have to twist things to rationalize something that is obviously a flaw and try desperately to turn it into a truth? We are not going to start ignoring one whole pair of legs on insects just to satisfy your confused desire that flaws in the Bible are not real.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't need to change the facts. For you to suggest that Moses, who ate these insects didn't know they had six legs is stupid.
I only know what is written and the description there is one of an animal with only four legs.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Are you suggesting that disagreeing with your rationalization means a person is not a Christian or recognizing a flaw in the Bible is attacking it. Should I be dishonest like some and pretend it says something it does not?

I am not suggesting anything about CGI. You brought that up. You are resorting to logical fallacy because cannot stand on the evidence. You made a claim about the insects in the video. I am asking how you possess the knowledge of the condition of the insect in that video that goes beyond what is shown in the video. You made the claim, but you cannot seem to back it up. You have to go into silliness and fallacy instead.