• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible and aliens

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
NOAA Paleoclimatology Program - Perspective on Abrupt climate Change

It says, "As you can see in Figure 3, however, full interglacials occur only about every fifth peak in the precession cycle. The full explanation for this observation is still an active area of research."

It says this just a little below the second picture.

I'll pass on the Milankovitch cycles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia unless you provide a rebuttal. I glanced at it though and the idea of the axis changing tilt was intriguing.

NewGuyOnTheBlock, I would love to get to your post and you are welcome to post. Give me a little while OK?

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
You have not shown anything false/shameful about my understanding/behavior. It is falsifiable because, I have said, you can test against what writing should be say 2000 years from now and it will hold up, since the creators are advanced. Also, the terms are simple, matter-of-fact and comprehensive, but in every language esoteric meanings and definitions can excite a lot of research. I would like to say right away that I’m a “V;” I don’t consider the aliens friendly.

We have “Intelligent Design: The Origin of Biological Information and the Higher Taxonomic Categories – Stephen C. Meyer” (CSC - Intelligent Design: The Origin of Biological Information and the Higher Taxonomic Categories) as evidence for Intelligent Design. We also have the whole earth (and heavens some of them) as a testable, observable, repeatable, and falsifiable laboratory for an extraterrestrial theory. There’s a verse in the Bible which I can find that says we recognize our creators because they are as good as we can perceive in their creation! String Theory – the pinnacle of physics, while I like it, is not testable, observable, repeatable, or falsifiable! Another testable thing in there is that if we have interplanetary civilization we will be unable to self-destruct. We’re close.

I’m only an amateur scientist with 134 IQ but not an ability to read very much or do doctoral-level equations, but other scientists don’t have the tools I have

Feel free to type anytime. I will find truth wherever I can and even hold conflicting views at the same time.

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Sorry I can’t watch your video yet.
Here are the steps to my understanding. There are 85,000 – 95,000 Raelians, but I may be the only one with this viewpoint, but that doesn’t bother me. Note that every point involves steep probabilities, and you can ask me about each one.
1. If life evolved on earth, it would likely become intelligent in a much earlier stage.
2. If extra-terrestrials spread life out rather than life evolving on earth, conscious planets would be easier to find and therefore more likely.
3. However, if conscious extra-terrestrials spread out, we would be much more likely to be away from the edge, so we would already know how to space travel, which we don’t.
4. So I say, unconscious aliens evolved enough to spread there seed between planets, and then made us in a tipping point, and we became conscious, explaining why we question our existence.

I did this quick so it may need minor adjustment.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Sure and here is another:

If we have a 1 in 10 chance of surviving the coming few years, as quickly developing as we have been, but then if we do survive for a million or billion years in the surviving chance, probability dictates that we should probably be a lot more advanced. What's hindering it, best guess, is problems with aliens.

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
NOAA Paleoclimatology Program - Perspective on Abrupt climate Change

It says, "As you can see in Figure 3, however, full interglacials occur only about every fifth peak in the precession cycle. The full explanation for this observation is still an active area of research."

It says this just a little below the second picture.

I'll pass on the Milankovitch cycles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia unless you provide a rebuttal. I glanced at it though and the idea of the axis changing tilt was intriguing.
Yeah..I see it...every fifth Milankovitch Cycle peak sunlight period occurs in about 100,000 years, resulting in a state like the Earth is in now, warm enough to support life everywhere but the poles. And since this interglacial period is already 11,000 years long...the Earth will relatively soon be getting less sunlight and the beginning of the next 100,000 year ice age will be in play.

Sure, further research into the Milankovitch Cycles is ongoing as the Earth's orbit around the Sun will be affected by gravity from sources yet unknown, so it is not yet known whether the future will precisely mimic the known cycles that science is aware of.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Let me share how I feel.

I got a Master’s in Math, a minor in physics, was accepted into two engineering programs, and was briefly in cybernetics at UCLA. However I can’t read much, I can’t read doctoral-level equations, and I lack in other ways too.

But my IQ is 134, which really means I ought to be able to read into scientific papers and come up with alternatives!

I grew up Mormon until I was about 15 and later in some of my 20s. I have read quite a bit of all the major religions in the world. Raelism is a religion among religions.

I try to find truth wherever it is. If something’s consistent and accurate, I like it. I try to make things up that are direct and understandable. I am not out to win every argument, but to gain the truth. Many times, even on this thread, people have forced me to look far out of my comfort zone to accommodate them. These are sometimes opinions. I think if we all had our own religion, then we would have the true religion. I love science.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I looked through Milankovitch cycles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yes, ok this explains the scientific data. But I still think aliens could have tracked the temperatures in the ice cores without having to be around a long time, and that it is a stretch of the imagination to call anything further than 2160 years a day.

But like I said, it is very interesting to consider what could have taken longer or how a being could be shorter (a day to the earth, a month to the sun, a year to the earth around the sun)

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Two other "scientific" possiblities are, what if they could detect all the factors in the Milankovitch cycle in a shorter time and model it, and what if they were merely testing sunlight to see if it could support life properly.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Ben d,

I can't understand the two verses, "God breathed into him the breath/soul of life" and about the tree of knowledge of good and evil casting them off from it. Please explain.:eek:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Ben d,

I can't understand the two verses, "God breathed into him the breath/soul of life" and about the tree of knowledge of good and evil casting them off from it. Please explain.:eek:
Ok...our bodies are made of the elements of the Earth, but the life force comes from the indivisible cosmic omnipresent unity represented by the concept 'God' in the absolute sense....and humans became living souls. (btw..Angels/Watchers/Elohim also exist as a result of the God Father life force, but are much further evolved).

This God Father life force is the tree of life at the center of Cosmic being...the primordial source underlying the existence of all that is, or will ever be. Adam and Eve were warned not to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil...their awareness at that time was non-dual and they did not see themselves separate from God. After eating of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil....meaning they began to see themselves separate from God, they lost the perfect mind state of non-duality and the descent into materialism began....iow, they fell from the heavenly state of being. Good and evil in this metaphorical sense is no different than the ying and yang duality of the non-dual Tao source, or the ida and pingala of kundalini yoga, etc..

The meaning of the life of Jesus is the transcendence of the dualistic perception of being separate from God, ie. to transcend the tree of good and evil, and regain the perfection of non-duality of the tree of life...."the Father and I are one"! ....what Adam lost was regained by Jesus...this is the state of Angels/some ET.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Dear everyone, I watched the three videos. I maintain that the book of my religion (Intelligent Design: Message from the Designers), the earth and what's known of the sky, Stephen C. Meyers paper, and even my own thought experiment are testable, observable, repeatable, and falsifiable.

Dear ben d, way to strip it down to its religious component! It seems you have a religion here! Congratulations! I don't know whether its a Raelian religion or not (it could be I think since we just don't believe in the unity now), but we are all supposed to come up with our own religion. If everyone came up with their own religion as you did, Raelian or not, the world would have the true religion. Thank you very much.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Dear ben d,

I think I see where we are going with this. My belief is that we were created with consciousness when our aliens weren't, and you are saying to replace "consciousness" with "infinite perception" or something like that.

Indeed, the Sistine Chapel has angels that look like children. Because of more gravity on their planet, perhaps, we were created with bigger brains and at one time perhaps our microtubles in our neurons could link up with infinite quantum computers while their's couldn't (because our brains were also smaller and not just bigger).

I believe in the results of quantum mechanics/physics although I try to explain them on my own.

It will be interesting for me to try to explore quantum computers in the coming weeks, and if there is scientific substance to how we might attach our brains to this I am interested, but my book seems to have a practical approach for all the coming years from the next second to for a very long time.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
dear ben d,

I learned a score about quantum mechanics yesterday. In particular about quantum computers,

Consider a problem that has these four properties:

The only way to solve it is to guess answers repeatedly and check them,
The number of possible answers to check is the same as the number of inputs,
Every possible answer takes the same amount of time to check, and
There are no clues about which answers might be better: generating possibilities randomly is just as good as checking them in some special order.

This is a problem suitable for a quantum computer, according to wikipedia.
I think it works naturally like I think all this stuff works naturally- by stabilizing atoms/molecules (that store qubits) across reversible gates. Anyway, once your input is in you either guess or go in order and there is some probability of the answer being wrong but after a long time if you have a high amplitude guess then that is the longest you were able to find. You never know if you have the right answer and especially not if you haven't tested all of the ones you know might work!

However, it seems to me like this is how a human thinks anyway; it's just not a glorifiable thing! 25 nm to the microtubles and 1 angstrom to the atom; that's 250 qubits or so. 250/number of atoms worth of space per qubit. Seems perfect! That's how my own mind works; I can tell. At least it seems so.

Remember, nature is crude as can be.

Last edited: