• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best religion quiz I tried

Harmonious

I find it interesting that you're an Orthodox Jew and have an 83% agreement with Mormonism and an 87% agreement with Islam!
I don't find it odd. If you will notice, it says Orthodox Judaism 100%.

About Mormonism and Islam... The general ideologies have more in common than one might think.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I don't find it odd. If you will notice, it says Orthodox Judaism 100%.

About Mormonism and Islam... The general ideologies have more in common than one might think.
Actually, I agree wholeheartedly. For some reason, though, most people really have a hard time admitting to the commonalities between their religion and other religions. It's like they see everybody else as "the enemy" and prefer to think of them as having nothing in common. That's definitely not how I see it, and I'm really glad to hear that it's not how you see it, either.

Slide

The 1st Rule.
Actually, I agree wholeheartedly. For some reason, though, most people really have a hard time admitting to the commonalities between their religion and other religions. It's like they see everybody else as "the enemy" and prefer to think of them as having nothing in common. That's definitely not how I see it, and I'm really glad to hear that it's not how you see it, either.

I appreciate that you're willing to admit the similarities. All the evidence I've seen of Mormonism reminds me of Americanized Islam, and vice versa. Of course, every religion takes on shadows of the culture in which it exists. Mormonism in Texas is not very similar to Mormonism in California, outside of the dogma (which I suppose is the important piece).

Angy Ex Arcana

Pagan Priestess
Your Complete Results:
1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. Sikhism (87%)
3. Jainism (82%)
4. Hinduism (80%)
5. Unitarian Universalism (74%)
6. New Age (66%)
7. Reform Judaism (65%)
8. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (62%)
9. Taoism (60%)

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Today's results:

1. Mahayana Buddhism (100%)
2. Theravada Buddhism (97%)
3. Taoism (88%)
4. Jainism (86%)
5. Sikhism (83%)
6. Unitarian Universalism (73%)
7. Neo-Pagan (73%)
8. New Age (69%)
9. Hinduism (68%)
10. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (66%)
11. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (60%)
12. Scientology (59%)
13. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (58%)
14. New Thought (56%)
15. Bahai (48%)
16. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (48%)
17. Reform Judaism (46%)
18. Secular Humanism (41%)
19. Islam (38%)
20. Jehovahs Witness (32%)
21. Orthodox Judaism (31%)
22. Seventh Day Adventist (31%)
23. Non-theist (28%)
24. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (24%)
25. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (22%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (11%)
27. Roman Catholic (11%)