• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Best Gods are Female

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Lack of representation in institution of power, gender pay gap varying from 10 to 20% depending on the country, lack of abortion rights in several countries or access to it when legal, no mandatory comprehensive and science based sexual education in schools for teens in several European countries, Russia, Hungary and several other European country have little status to protect against domestic violence, half of European country bar women outright from some military and police positions, all European countries justice system struggle to present an adequate response to sexual violence against women, hypersexualisation and objectification of women, commonality of religiously motivated sexism toward women, workplace sexual harasment and sexism (which touches 6 out 10 women in Europe according to surveys on the subject). The list goes on.

As for social rights, we are working on them...especially in Eastern Europe.
By the way in almost all countries there is no gender paygap in the buildings of the Public Administration, trust me, I am a lawyer.

Last edited:

epronovost

By the way in almost all country there is no gender paygap in the buildings of the Public Administration, trust me, I am a lawyer.

Gender paygap does vary by sector, age, martial status, level of education, position and even from business to business in the same sector. In some there is a wide paygap in other its basically null. Women's equality is a work in progress everywhere around the world. Some European countries are indeed pioneers. In Italy, where you are if I remember well, the situation is amongst the best in the world, but others are pretty darn bad like Hungary for example.

The statue of liberty, motorized by Trump to bonk (with her torch) illegal aliens as they enter New York, doesn't seem to have to panache that she had in the old days (joking). When the motto was "give me your tired, your poor," they were just kidding.

Goddesses have a lot of male followers.

It makes sense, since there are a lot of momma's boys (including myself) and boys attracted to girls (including myself).

Goddess Kit

Not sure any of the gods were particularly noble though :D

Athena turned a priestess into Medusa then sent Perseus after her to chop off her head. The priestess' crime: she was unable to stop Poseidon raping her in her temple.

The Greek gods were particularly cruel. Heck, nothing really changed with each new religion that was created. God(s) continued to remain cruel, mirrored after human leaders and kings, no doubt.

night912

Humans have deified or anthropomorphized abstract concepts for ages.
And except for some misogynistic goat herders women have been associated
with the more noble concepts through different cultures.

Goddess of Wisdom: Athena
1200px-Mattei_Athena_Louvre_Ma530.jpg

Goddess of Beauty and Love: Aphrodite/Venus
00756401.jpg

Concept of Justice:
file-20170620-32329-qvf3j6.jpg

Concept of Liberty:
Statue-of-liberty.jpg

Goddess of Time, Creation, Destruction and Power: Kali
Kali-Maa.jpg

Even Death looks good when she's female:
1120788-sandman-wallpaper-1920x1080-screen.jpg

Do you agree?
Have more examples?
Object?
So do you now understand why Thanos was so infatuated with Death? :D

Humans have deified or anthropomorphized abstract concepts for ages.
And except for some misogynistic goat herders women have been associated
with the more noble concepts through different cultures.

Goddess of Wisdom: Athena...

What have they said? Bible God has lot of things said in the Bible, which I think form a great wisdom. Has for example Athena said anything wise? Or is she liked because she doesn’t say anything and accepts everything?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The Greek gods were particularly cruel. Heck, nothing really changed with each new religion that was created. God(s) continued to remain cruel, mirrored after human leaders and kings, no doubt.
For what it's worth, the most well-known versions of the myths we have now were written by poets and playwrights (Homer, Euripedes and so on), for entertainment purposes. They were also basically morality tales warning against certain types of behavior.

Heyo

Veteran Member
The true God is both male and female or more correctly God har no spesific gender. God is beyond gender.
Are you speaking of Loki who is not only male but was also female (in the form of the mare that birthed Sleipnir? Truly beyond gender and even species.

Heyo

Veteran Member
What have they said? Bible God has lot of things said in the Bible, which I think form a great wisdom. Has for example Athena said anything wise? Or is she liked because she doesn’t say anything and accepts everything?
You'd be hard pressed to find direct quotes of wisdom by the gods of the bible but then there are also few quotes by Athena in Homer's works. Most is indirect speech.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Can you give one example?
''Ulysses, noble son of Laertes, are you going to fling yourselves into your ships and be off home to your own land in this way? Will you leave Priam and the Trojans the glory of still keeping Helen, for whose sake so many of the Achaeans have died at Troy, far from their homes? Go about at once among the host, and speak fairly to them, man by man, that they draw not their ships into the sea.''

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The religions that worship/worshipped them were experiential, not book based. Their followers would say they have spoken to them, of course.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The problem with female deities is that they don't tend to be strong and right and wrong behavior, and moral judgment.

God himself is neither male nor female. The hebrew language doesn't have gender neutral pronouns. I believe the male gender was chosen because God is primarily the lawgiver.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
The problem with female deities is that they don't tend to be strong and right and wrong behavior, and moral judgment.

God himself is neither male nor female. The hebrew language doesn't have gender neutral pronouns. I believe the male gender was chosen because God is primarily the lawgiver.

That is incorrect, there are many goddesses who are either the personification of and/or maintain correct behavior and justice, and instruct man accordingly.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Not a goddess (ymmv) but the personification of justice is female.

''Ulysses, noble son of Laertes, are you going to fling yourselves into your ships and be off home to your own land in this way? Will you leave Priam and the Trojans the glory of still keeping Helen, for whose sake so many of the Achaeans have died at Troy, far from their homes? Go about at once among the host, and speak fairly to them, man by man, that they draw not their ships into the sea.''

Thank you. For me that is not much. I wouldn’t keep her as my god, nor say she is better than Bible God.