• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best book on Hinduism

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I would request people interested in Hinduism to read Bal Gangadhar Tilak's book "Srimad BhagawadGita Rahasya". You will get a very rational modern view of what Lord Krishna said. Though I differ from Tilak's views (He was a theist and I am an atheist. Don't mind that, I differ with nearly everyone else :D). The book does not restrict itself to Gita but gives an over view of Hinduism. It is available in PDF form at:
Shrimad Bhagavad Gita Rahasya B G Tilak, Vol 1 & 2 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Shantanu

What I would be sort of looking for in the book is whether Sri Krishna is a Personal God who infuses the right thoughts on duties and righteous actions into the hearts and minds of followers. This is because that has been my experience of Sri Krishna at a personal level.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I would request people interested in Hinduism to read Bal Gangadhar Tilak's book "Srimad BhagawadGita Rahasya". You will get a very rational modern view of what Lord Krishna said. Though I differ from Tilak's views (He was a theist and I am an atheist. Don't mind that, I differ with nearly everyone else :D). The book does not restrict itself to Gita but gives an over view of Hinduism. It is available in PDF form at:
Shrimad Bhagavad Gita Rahasya B G Tilak, Vol 1 & 2 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
Anything modernised is good, in my view.