• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best argument for the trinity

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I do not believe in the trinity.
But now i will wrote what is the best argument for the trinity (in my opinion):

God is love

For God to be love you need Lover, Beloved and Love. So God the father is the Lover, Jesus the son is the Beloved and the Holy spirit is the Love between the father and Jesus

So God has to be three persons to be Love.
What does it mean to say God is Love? That makes no sense to me. God has attributes and God might be loving, but even it that is true, God is more than just loving since God has other attributes.

Baha'is believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, so in that sense we believe in a Trinity; but we don't believe these three are part of God. Rather, they are separate entities that work together. That is explained in this chapter: 27: THE TRINITY

Below is my brief encapsulation of that chapter:

The Holy Spirit is the Bounty of God, an emanation from God which became visible in Jesus Christ when Jesus walked the earth. God is like the sun and the Holy Spirit is like the rays of the sun. God remains in His own high place, and does not ever descend to earth.

Put another way, Jesus Christ was like a clear mirror, and God became visible in the mirror, but God did not descend into the mirror. This is why Christ said, “The Father is in the Son,” meaning that the God was visible and manifest in this mirror.

God the Father is One Being and when God sent Jesus into this world God sent His Holy Spirit. Jesus then brought God's Holy Spirit to the world and He shed the splendor of His glory upon all created things. (Gleanings, pp. 85-86)

God the Father worked through Jesus and the Holy Spirit, so they are kind of like a team, and in that sense they can be thought of as three persons of a Trinity.