• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best advice I have read lately...

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The best advice I have read lately, out of any advice, is...

It may go against our ego, but not all of us were born to function without help. Whether that help is people, or medicine such as blood pressure medicine, or medicine such as Hormone Replacement Therapy, etc.

And my own advice is, don't feel shamed over taking help when you need it. Whether the world thinks vaccines are bad or whether they wrongly think people take Hormone Replacement Therapy just to change their appearance and dating life. It doesn't matter and when people bully you over it, say hey, I need this, and feel confident.

MNoBody

best advice I got from a doctor was trust them as little as necessary...however once you take the plunge you should stick to it and see what it actually does to you, they don't really know, which is why they practice on you.....be a good rat...eat yer meds

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
best advice I got from a doctor was trust them as little as necessary...however once you take the plunge you should stick to it and see what it actually does to you, they don't really know, which is why they practice on you.....be a good rat...eat yer meds

Are you talking about the HRT I mentioned?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
not an item in mind in particular? why?

Just the context mattered to how I might respond if I were to respond.

If we apply it to any medicine, I might disagree, but I won't tell you you're wrong or anything.

If we applied what you said to HRT, I might agree as it's very experimental, but it's very important I also say in such a case, that it usually beats having dysphoria and some people have dysphoria so bad it wrecks their health. So these experimental medicines tend to be an option there.

MNoBody

Just the context mattered to how I might respond if I were to respond.

If we apply it to any medicine, I might disagree, but I won't tell you you're wrong or anything.

If we applied what you said to HRT, I might agree as it's very experimental, but it's very important I also say in such a case, that it usually beats having dysphoria and some people have dysphoria so bad it wrecks their health. So these experimental medicines tend to be an option there.
which reaffirms the idea that the whole thing is a practice and they don't really know so people ought to consider very carefully, since some choices wind one up a life long pharma-addict who must rely on the meds ...that should be enough to sober the whole decision-making process...but hey it's a free-will existence and I feel you can do whatever you will with your possession.
nothing I said should be construed as some kind of bullying or denigrating:).......just use yer common sense is all [right, that has been running low, should order some moreo_O]

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
nothing I said should be construed as some kind of bullying or denigrating:)....

I never said it was. But there are misinformation campaigns in the world right now. And this misinformation can even lead family to be harsh on people seeking certain medical treatments.

MNoBody

I never said it was. But there are misinformation campaigns in the world right now. And this misinformation can even lead family to be harsh on people seeking certain medical treatments.
given all the prattle about religious twaddle on this site, one can certainly see what drives that sentiment though?

MNoBody

it's truly bizarre that the idea of divine anything actually tinkering with life as it is here, which is so broken and disconnected it needs dr. mengele and a whole laboratory to horribly seek to put the mangled who-mns back together again.... so weak they NEED meds, just to live here.
just a stray thought that zinged through..thought i'd share.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
it's truly bizarre that the idea of divine anything actually tinkering with life as it is here, which is so broken and disconnected it needs dr. mengele and a whole laboratory to horribly seek to put the mangled who-mns back together again.... so weak they NEED meds, just to live here.
just a stray thought that zinged through..thought i'd share.

It makes us rethink God, to me. What if our gods are pretty imperfect too, and maybe they didn't have 100% control over creation?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Mostly they don't do that any more. Now what people take is usually synthetic.
Speaking in total ignorance of this my partner has avoided or ameliorated the worse effects of the menopause by taking a vitamin and mineral supplement - brand name in the UK - Menopace.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Speaking in total ignorance of this my partner has avoided or ameliorated the worse effects of the menopause by taking a vitamin and mineral supplement - brand name in the UK - Menopace.

Oh. When I said most of it is synthetic now, I was kind of talking about the Hormone Replacement Therapy transgender people take. I'm under the impression more things end up prescribed for menopause and some could very well contain horse urine. Though I can't say for sure.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Oh. When I said most of it is synthetic now, I was kind of talking about the Hormone Replacement Therapy transgender people take. I'm under the impression more things end up prescribed for menopause and some could very well contain horse urine. Though I can't say for sure.
Menopace is vegetarian, not tested on animals and has no gelatine, gluten, yeast or lactose.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Menopace is vegetarian, not tested on animals and has no gelatine, gluten, yeast or lactose.

My experience with all natural alternatives in general, not menopause medicines or anything, is that some actually do work for me, but if you have any problems from them, sometimes doctors aren't experienced on helping with problems arising from all-natural alternatives.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It makes us rethink God, to me. What if our gods are pretty imperfect too, and maybe they didn't have 100% control over creation?

I've said something along these lines before. A God...or Gods...who is not omnibenevolent and/or omnipotent makes a lot more sense to me than one who is.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've said something along these lines before. A God...or Gods...who is not omnibenevolent and/or omnipotent makes a lot more sense to me than one who is.

Same. Take Bahaullah from the Baha'i faith for instance. Until he has a much greater following, I'm not trying to be mean.... but he will be seen as having a PR problem. And Jesus had a major PR problem while he was alive.

Or if we go with Hinduism. Krishna was killed by accident I believe.