• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The benefits of global warming

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Improved agriculture in some high latitude regions,
Increased growing season in Greenland,
Increased productivity of sour orange trees,
Winter deaths decline
fewer incidents of frostbite
An ice-free Northwest Passage, providing a shipping shortcut between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans
Increased vegetation activity in high northern latitudes
Increase in penguins
Recent increase in forest growth
Bigger marmots
Increased Arctic tundra plant reproduction
Increased cod fishing leading to improved Greenland economy
Better surfing conditions
More bikinis and speedos
More areas where people can let their Pythons, tarantulas, and iguanas go and not worry about them freezing to death

Hey, as our planet is perishing, it's out of your control, you gotta have a sense of humor about it. :D

Global warming certainly is good for people living in Greenland, and I hate Minnesota winters, so sort of welcome the warmer weather as well! :)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Global warming certainly is good for people living in Greenland, and I hate Minnesota winters, so sort of welcome the warmer weather as well! :)
I like warm climate. I need not go to India anymore. It's getting hotter and hotter in the Netherlands. I don't complain about Holland getting hotter.
But if the ice starts melting, soon we also might get wetter, so I am not sure what is the best. Humans better not meddle too much with climate IMO

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I like warm climate. I need not go to India anymore. It's getting hotter and hotter in the Netherlands. I don't complain about Holland getting hotter.
But if the ice starts melting, soon we also might get wetter, so I am not sure what is the best. Humans better not meddle too much with climate IMO
True...I personally don't think global warming is a good thing...haha, I say that just clowning...:jokercard:

But I do like warm weather and I was going to move to Florida but I feel God wants me here. I have an apartment now and there aren't as many opportunities I find down south.

Yes, lol, the ice melting could definitely make us get wetter. That could really displace a lot of people or straight up drowned them.

I'm just trying to have a sense of humor about it when it is out of our control

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
True...I personally don't think global warming is a good thing...haha, I say that just clowning...:jokercard:

You have to understand that, you being you, people do not often know if one of your posts is serious or is your attempt at humor.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Global warming is human-made(for the most part) So it is bad for our life. When I say it is man-made it is the above normal measures that I speak of. the CO2 above what nature can handle itself, that is the manmade global warming, and it is this that damage our planet. So yes our planet and ecosystem do produce CO2, but we humans have blown the meter of our measuring because of our fossil cars, and many other human-made objects that pollute this planet

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There are indeed benefits to a warmer planet.
Even the poles were sub-tropical in warmer epochs.
But there are some drawbacks....
- Much less land area due to higher sea levels.
- Tropical diseases afflicting more areas.
- Transition to a warmer climate will mean continual turmoil as populations & activities shift.
- Loss of species diversity.

A Vestigial Mote

To a certain point, a change is a change. Natural world-changing events have happened many times in the past. What we fear is the unknown. How many plant species will die? Might some areas of the world see such drastic change that the area becomes desert/rain-forest/etc. when it was not before? Will the animals in the current environments be able to cope? Will we? How much time before ecological conditions stabilize? Are we too irresponsible to even let them stabilize? Is global warming a slippery slope, whereby continued irresponsibility ultimately leads to changes too fast for most living species to cope? Certainly better for us to act now if we wish to alleviate these fears and give ourselves greater assurance that the human race will continue on with little effect, however I am not sure if there is any objective "wrong" in the climate of the Earth changing.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I know you were just clowning. Sometimes I just go along, and answer seriously. You enjoy "poking" people a little, don't you?
Personally I don't worry about global warming, unless it becomes accidental nuclear warming, but then the worry will be short.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Winter deaths decline
An ice-free Northwest Passage, providing a shipping shortcut between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans
Increase in penguins
Bigger marmots
More bikinis and speedos
More areas where people can let their Pythons, tarantulas, and iguanas go and not worry about them freezing to death

Hey, as our planet is perishing, it's out of your control, you gotta have a sense of humor about it. :D

"Let us compare the temperature variation at the end of the 21st century according to the INM model with the data of other models from . Under scenario B1, the warming in 2091–2110 (with respect to 1991– 2010) is 1.7 K in the INM model."

Simulation of Climate Changes in the 20th–22nd Centuries with a Coupled Atmosphere–Ocean General Circulation Model E. M. Volodin and N. A. Diansky Institute of Numerical Mathematics, Russian Academy of Sciences, ul. Gubkina 8, Moscow, 119991 Russia e-mail: [email protected] Received March 30, 2005; in final form, September 20,

http://ksv.inm.ras.ru/GCM_DATA_PLOTTING/documents/Volodin_Diansky_FAO_2006_42_3_en.pdf

Climate shift happens, In fact, I'm now down right worried a couple degrees of global warming over the next few decades might cause mass migration of impoverished people who live near the oceans or warmer regions of Central American Banana Republics to migrate from their swampy diseased invested cesspool nations to our wealthy prosperous American constitutional Republic.

....:eek:

Migrant-caravan-300x246.jpg

Perhaps we should agree to having an effective border security barrier between America and Mexico with a gator and snake filled moat in order to stop the waves of sickly illegal migrant hoards in their tracks. .

thumb-1337893812801-2012_04_24_savannah_ft_pulaski_moat_alligator_zoom.jpg

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

But I do like warm weather and I was going to move to Florida but I feel God wants me here. I have an apartment now and there aren't as many opportunities I find down south.

Yes, lol, the ice melting could definitely make us get wetter. That could really displace a lot of people or straight up drowned them.

With sea level rise there won't be much left of Florida anyway. :rolleyes:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
With sea level rise there won't be much left of Florida anyway. :rolleyes:

If all the world's ice were to hypothetically melt away, Florida would indeed disappear; however, there'd still be lots of dry land. Perhaps, more land would become habitable with the greening of Greenland and Antarctica in comparison to the land that'd become submerged under water from the rise in sea level.

main-qimg-c56cf877a5d07cb668c6b8d18e5aee23

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Winter deaths decline
Increase in penguins
Bigger marmots
More bikinis and speedos

I'm happy with it as long as we don't turn into Venus.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If all the world's ice were to hypothetically melt away, Florida would indeed disappear; however, there'd still be lots of dry land. Perhaps, more land would become habitable with the greening of Greenland and Antarctica in comparison to the land that'd become submerged under water from the rise in sea level.
Northern climes may become warmer, but habitability depends a lot on an intact ecosystem. A change thousands of miles away can ramify into serious, unforeseen ecological effects.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
ICE also owns pressure on the body of water. Pressure keeps underground reactive volcanic states held by a variation to pressure.

Ice melting also changes the atmospheric pressure systems, and heat in the spatial body means irradiation mass is changing spatial pressure.

The outcome is only ever known after the fact. Yet humanity have lived in human memory with ICE melt, but also knew a lot of reactive Earth changes occurred.

It is why ancient cities were found beneath water, for new land mass, which do not take a lot of time to populate can emerge from beneath the sea.