• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The beauty of each religion

Originally i wanted to title this "what's the best religion?", but changed my mind after attending a religious gathering. I knew a title like that could lead to a rather not so positive outcome. Then I chose " The best of every religion", but still didn't feel right about it. I think asking people to share the beauty of their religion is better than urging them to show how theirs is better than others.

What's the beauty of your religion from your own point of view? How having such faith colors your way of living your life?

Thanks

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The potential of the individual is far greater than few dare to dream. That potential can be fully realized in this lifetime. God is an irrelevant, primitive notion that should be abandoned. That concept will only hold you back. You are here to understand how you form your experience.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I like the art, poetry, writings, morals, etc. But other than that I think I totally lose respect for any religion when it comes to having a war of who is the most peaceful religion.

All religions are beautiful to me, because I see them as extensions of culture.

One of the biggest forms of seeing the beauty of religion is to see them through the eyes of their music... forming the choice of instruments, the melodies, the rhythms, the tones, the accents, instrumental or vocal embellishments or not, etc.

In this light, in the arts, sciences and music, religion can be very beautiful.

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
no 1 is condemned....
^ What he said. :)

I try to work both Christianity and Buddhism into my life. Buddhism has taught me to work on kindness and compassion, and Unity Christians have allowed me to enjoy the wisdom of Jesus's teachings minus the fire and brimstone stuff.

Boethiah

Penguin
Religion is the human arm of spirituality. It incorporates the culture of a region and the spiritual views of the people into one package. Unfortunately, religion is oftentimes the political arm of spirituality as well.

kepha

I find that most religions have truth in them, there are only a few that I would say do not. I always recommend to check the scriptures when questioning.

have a great day and be blessed:yes:

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
The beauty of my "religion" is its history of revolutionary thought and rational deduction. It doesn't seek to build beyond reality, and instead seeks what can be found in this reality.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Originally i wanted to title this "what's the best religion?", but changed my mind after attending a religious gathering. I knew a title like that could lead to a rather not so positive outcome. Then I chose " The best of every religion", but still didn't feel right about it. I think asking people to share the beauty of their religion is better than urging them to show how theirs is better than others.

What's the beauty of your religion from your own point of view? How having such faith colors your way of living your life?

Thanks

I don't have a religion. Good aspects...

1. Don't make decisions based on irrational dogma.
2. Am not persuaded into action by some 'holy man'.
3. Don't approach arguments with a 'holier than thou' attitude.

To name a few. :)

My faith is all about love, and the potential of humanity, what it means to be human/humane. It's all inclusive, and has no room for negativity. Even though I have a Christian foundation I pull from the various faiths, embracing beauty and truth wherever I find it. The God I believe in is a God of unconditional love and grace, a perfect reflection of those characteristics that each of the faiths encourage us to strive for (those virtues I mention in a second).

Basically, my faith leads me to believe in living a life of love and compassion for my fellow man. It aids me in trying to cultivate the virtues (love, compassion, graciousness, kindness, etc) that make up what it means to be humane, in striving towards the potential I believe is innate in each and every one of us. So I'm constantly striving to learn more, to model myself after such teachers and examples of humanity as Jesus and the Buddha, etc.

How can you seriously describe something as "all inclusive" and in the next breath say it has no room for something? Is this supposed to make sense?
I meant that it includes the various religious paths, that I consider the various faiths and paths of the world equally valid and pull from many of them - it was intended to point out my pluralistic and syncretic tendencies.

And while I don't incorporate any negativity into my personal faith I won't invalidate or put down the faiths of others, even if they are negative.