• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Beatles' Abbey Road was released 50 years ago today

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
abbeyroad.jpg

This album cover was thought by some to contain clues of Paul McCartney's death.

This was actually the last album that they recorded together. Let It Be was released several months later, but had been already recorded before the Beatles recorded Abbey Road.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

BSM1

What? Me worry?
BTW, I saw an interview last year with the guy standing in the background. He just happened to be there that morning. If memory serves, I don't think he even knew who these guys were.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
BTW, I saw an interview last year with the guy standing in the background. He just happened to be there that morning. If memory serves, I don't think he even knew who these guys were.
Is this some sort of reversed image thingie?
All the cars are heading in the wrong direction!

rosends

When Rarities was released with a version of Her Majesty that included the final chord, it was as if a huge itch had been scratched. Game changer.

Bob Jones

Prove It!
I remember that day. I was 19 and in college, President Nixon was in office, Woodstock was around the corner, all military deferments where cancelled, and just about every draft aged male student would soon be visited by an ROTC officer recruiter. But the music kept playing on.

atanu

Premium Member
abbeyroad.jpg

This album cover was thought by some to contain clues of Paul McCartney's death.

This was actually the last album that they recorded together. Let It Be was released several months later, but had been already recorded before the Beatles recorded Abbey Road.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

The Dark Side of the Moon and Abbey Road were my first LPs purchased using scholarship money.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I remember that day. I was 19 and in college, President Nixon was in office, Woodstock was around the corner, all military deferments where cancelled, and just about every draft aged male student would soon be visited by an ROTC officer recruiter. But the music kept playing on.

I was already flunking out of college, and, with a draft number of 17, was talking to the Navy recruiter.

I remember also Led Zeppelin had released their first record as well as Black Sabbath.

"Communication Breakdown", I think... BTW, I discover Hendrix in boot camp that November.

Bob Jones

Prove It!
I had plenty of options to avoid the draft, like going to Canada. But I was not rich and neither would my parents approve such an undertaking. I felt a bit unpatriotic. I remember when the White Album was released. All of my friends went hysterical! "Lets do it in the road" was played so many times I think it wore our the needle of the stereo.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I was already flunking out of college, and, with a draft number of 17, was talking to the Navy recruiter.
Hah!
I beat you with a lottery number exactly twice yours.
(I took some ROTC exam. I discovered I was a natural....for draft dodging.)