• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Baphomet

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Stick to Buddhism . . . In recorded history, the very first God to appear in Hinduism is none other than Lord Shiva but as Pashupati, the primitive form of Lord Shiva and is found in the Indus Valley Civilization around 3500 BC depicted in this carving; Clearly a Horned God
pasupati_lotus_1.gif

Shiva is regarded as limitless, transcendent, unchanging and formless . . . why is that?
I did a little bit of research into the Harappan culture. The fan-shaped headdress in the center was usually worn by females, whereas males were rarely depicted with headdresses, although some horned headdresses were found.
https://www.harappa.com/category/slide-subject/headdress

This is an interesting tablet.
https://www.harappa.com/indus/89.html

Plano convex molded tablet showing an individual spearing a water buffalo with one foot pressing the head down and one arm holding the tip of a horn. A gharial is depicted above the sacrifice scene and a figure seated in yogic position, wearing a horned headdress, looks on. The horned headdress has a branch with three prongs or leaves emerging from the center.

On the reverse (90),a female deity is battling two tigers and standing above an elephant. A single Indus script depicting a spoked wheel is above the head of the deity.

Material: terra cotta
Dimensions: 3.91 length, 1.5 to 1.62 cm width
Harappa, Lot 4651-01​
indus-story.jpg

ThirtyThree

The Horned God is a symbol of the animating life-force, represented by Mercury, as it is fleeting, until fixed through the Magnum Opus (Feminine).

Baphomet in my opinion is the Arabic corruption of the ancient Egyptian Ba-neb-Tettu, the hieroglyphic term for the city of Mendes in the Nile Delta which was notorious for its Goat-God. Tettu as the primordial aspect of Khnemu was the animating principle of the objective universe.

Everything is "Mercury" with you, hmm? Not every cigar is a penis and not every head-dress is of Baphomet, Pan or otherwise. Also, Mercury does not relate to Baphomet or Pan. Where do you come up with this stuff?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Everything is "Mercury" with you, hmm? Not every cigar is a penis and not every head-dress is of Baphomet, Pan or otherwise. Also, Mercury does not relate to Baphomet or Pan. Where do you come up with this stuff?
Not everything . . . you certainly are not
Baphomet and Mercury are solid foundations in spiritual alchemy . . . don't you know anything? LOL :rolleyes:

ThirtyThree

You're kidding?
Traditional Alchemy is the nonsense of trying to make gold from all kinds of matter, while Spiritual Alchemy is the art of conscious transformation
Conscious transformation. Okay, is apotheosis the goal? However, you did state earlier you believe in a "higher self" or "god self". I am not sure what value transformation would have in this regard. Are you trying to transform yourself into your "god self" or the "god self" into something else?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Conscious transformation. Okay, is apotheosis the goal? However, you did state earlier you believe in a "higher self" or "god self". I am not sure what value transformation would have in this regard. Are you trying to transform yourself into your "god self" or the "god self" into something else?
We are realizing our Higher Self (Self) experiencing our Self, bringing our Self into our mundane self . . . this is the only form of Autotheism (forget about the word apotheosis) which is possible during our physical incarnation.

ThirtyThree

We are realizing our Higher Self (Self) experiencing our Self, bringing our Self into our mundane self . . . this is the only form of Autotheism (forget about the word apotheosis) which is possible during our physical incarnation.

Have you considered the New Age DIR? Many New Age types believe in a "higher self" and seek to realize it while they are incarnate. What is different about what you are presenting here from what the New Age types delve into with all the meditation, talk of ascension and so on?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Have you considered the New Age DIR? Many New Age types believe in a "higher self" and seek to realize it while they are incarnate. What is different about what you are presenting here from what the New Age types delve into with all the meditation, talk of ascension and so on?
I am not aware of any 'New Age' beliefs that set out to separate from the objective universe and to cultivate their subjective universe, they are more or less seeking the same absolution into the 'All' (aka objective universe) as all RHP's are.

ThirtyThree

I am not aware of any 'New Age' beliefs that set out to separate from the objective universe and to cultivate their subjective universe, they are more or less seeking the same absolution into the 'All' (aka objective universe) as all RHP's are.

Not all of them are seeking unity with the "All" or "Source", as many of them call it. Some wish to go on to become "Ascended Masters", just like you, right? ;)

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Not all of them are seeking unity with the "All" or "Source", as many of them call it. Some wish to go on to become "Ascended Masters", just like you, right? ;)
I'm not familiar with the term, perhaps you could . . . ahem, enlighten me?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Yes, I have considered it and decided against the idea.
I mean you even admitted that you're not a LHP adherent, that you follow the foolish advice of the Protestant Hegel? Sounds like Philosophy forum material to me? Perhaps you would be so frustrated and confused over there as you are here?

ThirtyThree

I'm not familiar with the term, perhaps you could . . . ahem, enlighten me?

Wiki: Ascended Masters are believed to be spiritually enlightened beings who in past incarnations were ordinary humans, but who have undergone a series of spiritual transformations originally called initiations.

That is pretty much it. Some New Thought/New Age types desire to become Ascended Masters, that is, they desire to become fully realized incarnate (or non incarnate) versions of their "higher self", or a synthesis between their mundane self and higher self. Again, it depends on the school of philosophy.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Wiki: Ascended Masters are believed to be spiritually enlightened beings who in past incarnations were ordinary humans, but who have undergone a series of spiritual transformations originally called initiations.

That is pretty much it. Some New Thought/New Age types desire to become Ascended Masters, that is, they desire to become fully realized incarnate (or non incarnate) versions of their "higher self", or a synthesis between their mundane self and higher self. Again, it depends on the school of philosophy.
I see . . . then no, this is nothing like that.

ThirtyThree

I mean you even admitted that you're not a LHP adherent, that you follow the foolish advice of the Protestant Hegel? Sounds like Philosophy forum material to me? Perhaps you would be so frustrated and confused over there as you are here?

First of all, Hegelian fits better currently as a label for my ideology than "Luciferian" does. Did I not make that clear? I simply believe nothing can be known without at least having a basic understanding of its antithesis. However, the label is also about how my deity operates as well as how I operate. In simple terms, again, it fits my ideology best at this time.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
First of all, Hegelian fits better currently as a label for my ideology than "Luciferian" does. Did I not make that clear? I simply believe nothing can be known without at least having a basic understanding of its antithesis. However, the label is also about how my deity operates as well as how I operate. In simple terms, again, it fits my ideology best at this time.
"Without death individuals are reduced to the status of mere modes of one infinite. One has individuality precisely because one dies."