• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Baphomet

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
What do you think about a Hathor mirror, where the mirror takes the place of the torch? (Or Hathor's Solar Disk, for that matter)

To be honest I haven't really researched or worked with the Hathor mirror. Though in my early days in the ToS I worked with a very cool female colleague who used a pentagram of Set created out of a mirror centered between two black horns of Hathor as the center point of focus on her alter.

What does the mirror of Hathor mean to you? :smileycat:

Random

When we have to explain the symbols that we are using before we can explain why we are using them, perhaps it is safe to say that we have lost touch with the art and use of symbolism as a language and rely more on expert opinion for what we call a definition of what something means.

pic-washington_baphomet.gif

This is George Washington (a Freemason) as Zeus (specifically Father Zeus/Roman 'Zeus-Pater' or Jupiter) depicted as the chief archon or 'god' (supreme deity) of the [originally] pagan Olympian Pantheon (of twelve), the ruling deities of Chaos.

This Zodiacal arrangement (we live 'under the stars'...) is Luciferian (hence the Satanic Baphomet figure positioned as both, the 'god of this world'), which is to say 'Luciferian' meaning antient/ancient Roman intelligentsia who existed from its foundation amongst elite families, and is tied to Capitol Hill (meaning capital/money, as Juno Moneta was Jupiter's wife) and the Roman Petrine succession (Peter the Rock/denier, and hence the Popes in Rome) as well as the source in Egypt (Peter the Apostle is symbolically the Egyptian Priest-god 'Ptah', which is properly pronounced "P-taah").

The occult Palladian Rites and the actual Palladium itself (it is an object, a stone...) complete the craftsman's mystery aspect.

It is interesting to note that it is the Hebrew year 5776 which is 24 years shy of year 6000 *Usher chronology*, the official end of time. By the rule of binary inversion (01 becomes 10) that is 240 years (24X10), and it is 240 years ago to this day (2016) that it was the revolutionary year 1776 (the significance of which should be well grasped by the reader, especially if from the United States of America...).

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
To be honest I haven't really researched or worked with the Hathor mirror. Though in my early days in the ToS I worked with a very cool female colleague who used a pentagram of Set created out of a mirror centered between two black horns of Hathor as the center point of focus on her alter.

What does the mirror of Hathor mean to you? :smileycat:
The mirrors they had back then weren't all that great--they were more along the lines of scrying mirrors.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
The image of Baphomet of western occultism was taken from the image of Shiva [above]. Note the position of the arms, one pointing upwards and the other downwards. The Baphomet again is symbolic of both the male and the female aspects of the soul. Note the Baphomet is both male and female, as also seen with in images of the Egyptian God Akhenaton. The horns are symbolic of Mercury, which is the vril, chi, qi, lifeforce, prana etc. Idries Shah wrote that the Baphomet was a corruption of Abufihamat meaning "Father of Understanding", radical Sufism see this symbol as a process of transmuting consciousness.

shiva-blue.jpg

The Self is a paradox, it is thesis, antithesis, and at the same time it is a synthesis. Without the experience of opposites there is no experience of the whole and there can be no inner approach to the sacred. The conscious will know the unconscious only so far as it has become conscious The two oldest and greatest archetypal structures within our psyche is the concept of the macrocosm and the microcosm
Our instincts attach us to the macrocosm, our desires pull us in different directions, we are in continual conflict with ourselves
Rarely do we succeed in an undivided goal, and when we rarely succeed the price that comes with it is the repression of other sides of our nature. Single-mindedness and the annihilation of opposites is not the answer, but the harmony of opposites may be.

To This Baphomet
(from the texts of H☿D)

The word “Baphomet” is a reversed composition of three abbreviations: Tem. Oph. Ab., standing for the Latin Templi omnium hominum pacis abhas “[The Father or God of] the Temple of Peace Among All Men”. Quite a far cry from the Catholic Inquisition’s ponderous explanation of “Baffomet” as a mere corruption of the name of Mohammed, isn’t it? But then the Inquisitors had to pin something on the Templars, and anti-Islam was all the rage at the time ...

(Originally Posted By: M.A.A. III°, The Cloven Hoof 11/1971)

ThirtyThree

The image of Baphomet of western occultism was taken from the image of Shiva [above]. Note the position of the arms, one pointing upwards and the other downwards.

Stretching that a little far, no? These symbols are not the same by any degree. The next thing you are going to tell me is this is Baphomet also:

sacredheartjesus.jpg

The Baphomet again is symbolic of both the male and the female aspects of the soul. Note the Baphomet is both male and female, as also seen with in images of the Egyptian God Akhenaton. The horns are symbolic of Mercury, which is the vril, chi, qi, lifeforce, prana etc. Idries Shah wrote that the Baphomet was a corruption of Abufihamat meaning "Father of Understanding", radical Sufism see this symbol as a process of transmuting consciousness.

Shiva is male, not male and female. Understand this and stop trying to paint things into deities.

The Self is a paradox, it is thesis, antithesis, and at the same time it is a synthesis.

Give examples.

Without the experience of opposites there is no experience of the whole and there can be no inner approach to the sacred.

We can agree on that. However, why call it sacred? You are an Atheist. What can possibly be "sacred" to you?

dictionary said:
Sacred: connected with God (or the gods) or dedicated to a religious purpose and so deserving veneration.

The conscious will know the unconscious only so far as it has become conscious The two oldest and greatest archetypal structures within our psyche is the concept of the macrocosm and the microcosm

How do you plan to become aware of your subconscious and why? By the way, it is called a subconscious, not an "unconscious".

Our instincts attach us to the macrocosm, our desires pull us in different directions, we are in continual conflict with ourselves
Rarely do we succeed in an undivided goal, and when we rarely succeed the price that comes with it is the repression of other sides of our nature. Single-mindedness and the annihilation of opposites is not the answer, but the harmony of opposites may be.

Unification or annihilation of opposites are both valid paths.

The word “Baphomet” is a reversed composition of three abbreviations: Tem. Oph. Ab., standing for the Latin Templi omnium hominum pacis abhas “[The Father or God of] the Temple of Peace Among All Men”. Quite a far cry from the Catholic Inquisition’s ponderous explanation of “Baffomet” as a mere corruption of the name of Mohammed, isn’t it? But then the Inquisitors had to pin something on the Templars, and anti-Islam was all the rage at the time ...

You are kidding with that, right? Must you stretch out so far into the realm of the absurd to make some semblance of a point? I wonder if you are one those strange people who listens to Obama "yes we can" speeches and ends up hearing, "we love Satan" instead.

crossfire

Premium Member
Stretching that a little far, no? These symbols are not the same by any degree. The next thing you are going to tell me is this is Baphomet also:

sacredheartjesus.jpg

Shiva is male, not male and female. Understand this and stop trying to paint things into deities.
I'll have to agree with you there. The right hand is the active principle, whereas the left hand is the passive principle. Is this active/passive symbolism represented in Baphomet?
How do you plan to become aware of your subconscious and why? By the way, it is called a subconscious, not an "unconscious".
Actually, unconscious is the correct term in the Jungian model. There is no subconscious in Carl Jung's model of the psyche.

crossfire

Premium Member
I'll have to agree with you there. The right hand is the active principle, whereas the left hand is the passive principle. Is this active/passive symbolism represented in Baphomet?
Also, with the active/passive dichotomy, the active hand is not always raised (such as in the earth-touching, giving, and meditative mudras) and sometimes the passive hand is also raised (as in the teaching mudra.) The mudra of fearlessness has the active hand raised and the passive hand lowered. Is that what Baphomet is representing here?

ThirtyThree

Also, with the active/passive dichotomy, the active hand is not always raised (such as in the earth-touching, giving, and meditative mudras) and sometimes the passive hand is also raised (as in the teaching mudra.) The mudra of fearlessness has the active hand raised and the passive hand lowered. Is that what Baphomet is representing here?

Great point. Maybe you can knock some sense into this self proclaimed leader of what ever his order is supposed to be, which I am positive is just another pretty pink dress on the corpse routine.

See, I think this is what angers me most about today's LHP, it is full of self proclaimed gurus/leaders/high priests who have nothing valuable to offer. It is the same corpse, just dressed up in a different suit. The thing still stinks and it is not attractive looking. Please! People! Let it decompose!

Then, perhaps it is more like greedy creatures digging their claws into a rotten meat pie, trying to find something which has not been spoiled or otherwise infested by maggots. What they could do instead is take that pie and compost it, then plant a seed in the resulting fertile soil, tend it and so on. They will not of course because they prefer digging through the trash.

crossfire

Premium Member
Great point. Maybe you can knock some sense into this self proclaimed leader of what ever his order is supposed to be, which I am positive is just another pretty pink dress on the corpse routine.

See, I think this is what angers me most about today's LHP, it is full of self proclaimed gurus/leaders/high priests who have nothing valuable to offer. It is the same corpse, just dressed up in a different suit. The thing still stinks and it is not attractive looking. Please! People! Let it decompose!

Then, perhaps it is more like greedy creatures digging their claws into a rotten meat pie, trying to find something which has not been spoiled or otherwise infested by maggots. What they could do instead is take that pie and compost it, then plant a seed in the resulting fertile soil, tend it and so on. They will not of course because they prefer digging through the trash.
Infested by maggots? Oh my! Better use the "warding off evil mudra!" (karana mudra) :eek:
8651719_f520.jpg

crossfire

Premium Member
Well heck, since we are on the subject of mudras, I suppose the above represented karana mudra could be represented by Baphoment's goat head. Gee, I wonder what the vajra mudra (depicted below) might represent? :rolleyes:
hb3-7.jpg

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
First of all, I am merely posting interesting views of Baphomet for this thread, my understanding of Baphomet was posted towards the end so I don't need to explain or backup what others have stated for you . . . yet;

Peter Carrol has sated of Baphomet:

“Baphomet is the psychic field generated by the totality of living beings on this planet. Since the Shamanic aeon, it has been variously represented as Pan, Pangenitor, Panphage, All-Begetter, All-Destroyer, as Shiva-Kali – creative phallus and abominable mother and destroyer – as Abraxas – polymorphic god who is both good and evil – as the animal headed Devil of sex and death, as the evil Archon set over this world, as Ishtar or Astaroth – goddess of love and war – as the Anima Mundi or World Soul, or simply as Goddess. Other representations include the Eagle, or Baron Samedi, or Thanateros, or Cernunnos – the horned god of the Celts.”

Carroll favours the conjecture that our god’s name comes from the Greek BAPH-METIS – Union with Wisdom. The clear identification of Baphomet with Thanateros explains why this deity is central to the culture of the magickal group Carroll founded – The Magical Pact of the Illuminates of Thanateros, the I.O.T. And it’s from the context of chaos magick that The Book of Baphomet emerges.

why call it sacred? You are an Atheist. What can possibly be "sacred" to you?
Please get it through your head . . . I am NOT an atheist.

I believe you have been schooled in the difference between 'sub' and 'un' Consciousness by Crossfire?

You are kidding with that, right? Must you stretch out so far into the realm of the absurd to make some semblance of a point? I wonder if you are one those strange people who listens to Obama "yes we can" speeches and ends up hearing, "we love Satan" instead.
First of all the full quote was; "The word “Baphomet” is a reversed composition of three abbreviations: Tem. Oph. Ab., standing for the Latin Templi omnium hominum pacis abhas “[The Father or God of] the Temple of Peace Among All Men”. Quite a far cry from the Catholic Inquisition’s ponderous explanation of “Baffomet” as a mere corruption of the name of Mohammed, isn’t it? But then the Inquisitors had to pin something on the Templars, and anti-Islam was all the rage at the time ..."

(Originally Posted By: M.A.A. III°, The Cloven Hoof 11/1971)

So, once again go argue with the author of the quote, I was merely bringing food to the table . . .
That said, I am sure I would not be alone in taking Dr. Aquino's word over someone's such as yourself.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس

You manage to ASSume to know all about me, yet you know absolutely nothing about me and even less about the Herald of the Dawn . . . continue to make a fool of yourself, it's amusing at the very least.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Stick to Buddhism . . . In recorded history, the very first God to appear in Hinduism is none other than Lord Shiva but as Pashupati, the primitive form of Lord Shiva and is found in the Indus Valley Civilization around 3500 BC depicted in this carving; Clearly a Horned God
pasupati_lotus_1.gif

Shiva is regarded as limitless, transcendent, unchanging and formless . . . why is that?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
The Horned God is a symbol of the animating life-force, represented by Mercury, as it is fleeting, until fixed through the Magnum Opus (Feminine).

Baphomet in my opinion is the Arabic corruption of the ancient Egyptian Ba-neb-Tettu, the hieroglyphic term for the city of Mendes in the Nile Delta which was notorious for its Goat-God. Tettu as the primordial aspect of Khnemu was the animating principle of the objective universe.

crossfire

Premium Member
Stick to Buddhism . . . In recorded history, the very first God to appear in Hinduism is none other than Lord Shiva but as Pashupati, the primitive form of Lord Shiva and is found in the Indus Valley Civilization around 3500 BC depicted in this carving; Clearly a Horned God
pasupati_lotus_1.gif

Shiva is regarded as limitless, transcendent, unchanging and formless . . . why is that?
Kewl, he's using the same cobbler's pose I use for meditation. :D (Except I don't extend my arms out like that.)

crossfire

Premium Member
pasupati_lotus_1.gif

You might want to check your dates--You are at least 1,000 years off with the 3500 BC date, as Mohenjo-daro wasn't even built until 2500 BC.