• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bank of England is trying to hinder Brexit

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Brexit uncertainty will still hurt UK economy even with a deal, says Bank of England

Please...speak of the Bank of England ONLY if you want to reply to this thread.

Three years ago the governor made predictions various financial consequences if Brexit should happen. He was shouted down for 'interfering in politics'. Strangely, you might think, his predictions came true.

He is now making a further prediction.

He is not 'selling' anything, he's just predicting consequences. :shrug:

I voted for and hope for Brexit but I think that we need to listen carefully to such professional people as the governor so that we can be prepared in the event of a successful exit.

Now if you had listened to his earliest predictions you might have bought gold. A silly little sovereign is now worth about £280 !! Nice guy, the governor......... :)

If it all turned bad you would only be blaming the governor for not having made accurate predictions, imo.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Three years ago the governor made predictions various financial consequences if Brexit should happen. He was shouted down for 'interfering in politics'. Strangely, you might think, his predictions came true.

He is now making a further prediction.

He is not 'selling' anything, he's just predicting consequences. :shrug:

I voted for and hope for Brexit but I think that we need to listen carefully to such professional people as the governor so that we can be prepared in the event of a successful exit.

Now if you had listened to his earliest predictions you might have bought gold. A silly little sovereign is now worth about £280 !! Nice guy, the governor......... :)

If it all turned bad you would only be blaming the governor for not having made accurate predictions, imo.
2-3 Billionaires will lose lots of money...but the Real Economy made up of farmers, factory workers and fishermen will benefit enormously from Brexit.

Last edited:

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I voted for and hope for Brexit but I think that we need to listen carefully to such professional people as the governor so that we can be prepared in the event of a successful exit..

I know this is off topic but it has been claimed on this board and was claimed by quite a few in the media and politicians that anyone that voted for Brexit was either far right or Nazi or was somehow seduced by Russian propaganda into voting for it. I have always thought that to be a ridiculous claim but I would like to ask you a couple of questions to give your perspective outside of the media and political buzz:

Do you consider yourself far right or Nazi?

Do you think the Russians influenced your yes vote with propaganda?

What were/are your reasons to support Brexit?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
2-3 Billionaires will lose lots of money...but the Real Economy made up of farmers, factory workers and fishermen will benefit enormously from Brexit.
I voted for Brexit, but I'm not worried about farmers much. Never met a poor farmer. If they own their farms they are multi millionaires.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I know this is off topic but it has been claimed on this board and was claimed by quite a few in the media and politicians that anyone that voted for Brexit was either far right or Nazi or was somehow seduced by Russian propaganda into voting for it. I have always thought that to be a ridiculous claim but I would like to ask you a couple of questions to give your perspective outside of the media and political buzz:

Do you consider yourself far right or Nazi?

Do you think the Russians influenced your yes vote with propaganda?

What were/are your reasons to support Brexit?
I am not right wing, nor Russian left.

I have tended to vote moderate in the past, but my wish for Brexit has been all about getting clear of EU direct rule and laws, and Brit self determination .

As you have already said, Brexit supporters come from every kind of political position.

We don't have many Nazis here, nor far left communists. Mr Corbin's political view is not popular in our Labour party.

Labour is anti Brexit.
Liberal Democrat is anti Brexit.
Green Part is anti Brexit.
Many Conservatives are anti Brexit.

We are never going to win Brexit now. :(

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I am not right wing, nor Russian left.

I have tended to vote moderate in the past, but my wish for Brexit has been all about getting clear of EU direct rule and laws, and Brit self determination .

As you have already said, Brexit supporters come from every kind of political position.

We don't have many Nazis here, nor far left communists. Mr Corbin's political view is not popular in our Labour party.

Labour is anti Brexit.
Liberal Democrat is anti Brexit.
Green Part is anti Brexit.
Many Conservatives are anti Brexit.

We are never going to won Brexit now. :(

Thank you for your feedback.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
One of Boris’s supporters, the DUP leader Arlene Phillips believes that the Bank of England has lost its credibility under Mark Carney.
I think that Mr Carney has been accurate all the way through.

But gold is flying just now.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Let's speak of concrete matters, though.
Brexit will imply the Bank of England will have to divest its ECB stakes obligatorily . Do you think they want to do that deliberately?

Notanumber

A Free Man

Jeff gives a good explanation here –

The European Central Bank (ECB) has an interest rate of zero for refinancing and a deposit rate of minus 0.4%, that means it charges banks for money to be deposited with the ECB! The Eurozone Central Bank has maintained a negative deposit interest rate since June 2014. When times get difficult and returns are hard to find, banks put their money into Central Bank coffers to earn at least a paltry amount of interest or keep it safe with zero return. But the ECB wants them to lend the money to fight deflation and boost the economy, not hoard it - hence the negative deposit rate. And this is what Investopedia says about negative interest rates and the ECB: "Negative interest rates are a drastic measure that shows that policymakers are afraid that Europe is at risk of falling into a deflationary spiral." And: "By charging European banks to hold reserves at the central bank, they hope to encourage banks to lend more. "In theory, banks would rather lend money to borrowers and earn at least some interest as opposed to being charged to hold their money at a central bank." And Trading Economics reported on the 25th of July that the forward guidance from the ECB was that rates would 'remain "at their present or lower levels" at least through the first half of 2020' and also that the ECB is 'already making preparations for more quantitative easing as it "tasked the relevant Eurosystem Committees with examining options".' The ECB and Fed positions do show the Bank of England decision today in a different light to the Remain biassed Brexit doom and gloom take on it, don't you think?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Let's speak of concrete matters, though.
Brexit will imply the Bank of England will have to divest its ECB stakes obligatorily . Do you think they want to do that deliberately?
Look, if we get clear of Europe we will be clear of European banking..... we would need to go it alone.

If we cannot get clear of Europe then this has all been an expensive muddle.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Brexit talk is teaching me that bias can cause severe delusions and perception flaws.

There is always something to learn.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Why are the likes of Farage, Banks, etc. making loads from Brexit then?
The rich will do fine, Farmers without massive subsidies will suffer; the likes of car manufacturers will move out, it will be a disaster. Fishermen may benefit, agreed. But our fishermen have sold most of our rights to the Europeans.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Why are the likes of Farage, Banks, etc. making loads from Brexit then?
The rich will do fine, Farmers without massive subsidies will suffer; the likes of car manufacturers will move out, it will be a disaster. Fishermen may benefit, agreed. But our fishermen have sold most of our rights to the Europeans.
Did you know that the London Stock Exchange Group owns the Bourse of Milan?
That is why Italy is with Brexit.
As I said....it is just a financial war...
Frankfurt vs London

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
67882099_10157163270321955_3111541585037230080_n.jpg