• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Baha'i way of The Seeker Of White Light

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
This is the way I am seeking

The principles which guide Bahá'ís in their interactions with the outside world are the same high moral values that have been taught in all of the world's major religions: love, compassion, courtesy, charity, faithfulness, honesty, trustworthiness, and humility.

Good starting points. But there is a difference between good and all the other words as to you as you versus how you do a we in the everyday world for which I and everybody else than you are not really in the outside world for some cases.
We are doing do different version of objective, inter-subjective and subjective when we don't agree.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
This is the way I am seeking

The principles which guide Bahá'ís in their interactions with the outside world are the same high moral values that have been taught in all of the world's major religions: love, compassion, courtesy, charity, faithfulness, honesty, trustworthiness, and humility.
Sounds good to me :)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Speaking about charity isn't charity. Speaking about honesty isn't honesty. Actions always trump words.

F1fan

Veteran Member
How does a follower know if what they are being taught is actually moral? If a person thinks they need to follow a religion then how are they capable of discerning good teachings from bad ones? If we saw an amazing moral consistency among religious people and religious doctrines that we could justify blind faith, but we don't. We see many immoral teachings common in religion, and many immoral theists, so that system doesn't work any better than a non-believer who learns to think, and trust their own moral sense.

I suggest that followers are suseptible of becoming immoral agents for some religious dogma, and they won't question the immoral rules because the believer has surrendered their own moral authority over to a religion. I suspect some believers and followers realize the emptiness that comes with being a follower because it allows little freedom and personal responsibility to BE moral.