• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Avengers - what would happen?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Just another "what if god was real" thread, inspired by @Unveiled Artist's OP If god can be proven (which you should visit if you decide to post here).
This one is less academic. There is a scenario which most people know and can relate to: the The Avengers universe. In that universe gods exist and had quite some public appearances. The films don't focus on mere mortals, so we have plenty of room to speculate. How would the public react? How much new believers would the Asatru attract? Will all other religions close shop? Is the SCA going to burst with new members?
Let your imaginations run wild.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I haven't seen many immortals in the MCU. You're only immortal until you die and many Asgardians have died, proving they CAN. If a character lives for a million years, that doesn't make them immortal, only long-lived. To a fruit fly, we'd be immortal.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Is it set in the MCU? Do they have gods? They have a Christian says the Wiki article. Is she a polytheistic Christian or doesn't she recognize Thor as god?
Setting: Earth, mostly in Ameristan.
Universe: DC, but not integrated with mainstream DC universes.
The Christian isn't forthcoming about her beliefs.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
I remember watching The Avengers, but I don't recall it having a religious message. :p