• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Atonement Doctrine (Did Jesus Die For Our Sins?)

Milton Platt

No, I don't agree.

When a soldier gives his life he is dead. (His body). But, in Christian parlance, he still lives.

He, Jesus, gave His life as a man--like unto Adam and thus called the second Adam--to get back what Adam lost under the same legal authority.

Then in either case, the person in question is not really dead, then. However, in the case of your Jesus, he was alive again in three days and walking around, and inherited the world. so, I don't see that as a sacrifice.....

Milton Platt

Well, my Lord Jesus gave his life as he said it:

For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45

And then the Lord God Almighty raised my Lord Jesus Christ from the dead:

But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. Acts 2:24

And now the Lord Jesus is seated at the right hand of God:

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is,seated at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1

images

You need more than quotes from the collection of stories in the Bible to prove that...

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Then in either case, the person in question is not really dead, then. However, in the case of your Jesus, he was alive again in three days and walking around, and inherited the world. so, I don't see that as a sacrifice.....
Perhaps it is because you never died on the cross, suffered hell or took the sins of the world. It's hard to judge a road that someone else travelled if you have never travelled it.

moorea944

Doesn't really hold water. I don't see how anyone can bend a knee to a being that would design a system that would require that a person would have to be tortured, and left to die hanging on a wooden cross. It's absolutely morbid. This is the Biblical debate forum, so I won't comment on that further and antagonize everyone, but just had to ask.

Doesn't really hold water.
Actually it does, I"ll explain in this post, even though I already did in the post that you read....

I don't see how anyone can bend a knee to a being that would design a system that would require that a person would have to be tortured, and left to die hanging on a wooden cross.
Your terminolgy somewhat bothers me... I think your confused on somethings here..
"bend a knee to a being"... You mean Jesus? "That would design a system".. Jesus didnt design anything, esp a system. God did. Jesus is not God, he is the son of God. Jesus was a man like us, scripture even tells us that.

Why did Jesus have to die? What does scripture tell us about the messiah. Did he have to die a horrible death? No, of course not, but that is what happened. The Jews wanted him crucified. But.. by dying, it made God right in that we have to put to death our sin nature. Read Romans 6 for starters...

This is the Biblical debate forum, so I won't comment on that further
Why? This is in scripture.. Just curious, why do YOU think Jesus had to die......

and antagonize everyone,
No one is antagonizing anyone. Why would you even say something like that?

Milton Platt

Perhaps it is because you never died on the cross, suffered hell or took the sins of the world. It's hard to judge a road that someone else travelled if you have never travelled it.

No evidence it was traveled by said person, either, but your comment is a red herring...a misdirection that does not address my post

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
No evidence it was traveled by said person, either, but your comment is a red herring...a misdirection that does not address my post
Your post has nothing to direct. If you are going to use what was written to make a comment, then you have to take all that is written along with it. To simply say it wasn't a sacrifice by omitting the details about it is like saying you have a car when there is no motor in it.

My position stands a your comment is more of a red herring. IMV.