• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Atheist Delusion

Earthling

David Henson
Humans are a type of ape. In our evolution, we changed from a smaller ape with a small brain into one that is larger with a large brain. I'm sure you have seen the fossil skulls presented a number of times showing the steps.

I have seen them. They are ape skulls. No human skulls. The assumption is then incorrectly made that there is some semblance of connection. There isn't.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I have seen them. They are ape skulls. No human skulls. The assumption is then incorrectly made that there is some semblance of connection. There isn't.

On the contrary, there is a sequence going from a distinctly ape skull to an actual human skull in small increments. These increments are also dated to successive time periods.

Audie

Veteran Member
On the contrary, there is a sequence going from a distinctly ape skull to an actual human skull in small increments. These increments are also dated to successive time periods.

I doubt our friend could consistently
distinguish between a reptile and a mammal
skull. But he knows all about the ape/
human skulls.

An honest person would just say he isnt
skilled in the art and cannot offer a meaningful
opinion.

A faker is someone who pretends.

But we all know that.

WalterTrull

Godfella
You do know that he has repeatedly said
he does not want to know and has not
studied.

Speaking of that, creationists are quite
the study in cultural anthropology.

Aren't we all. I think more study is needed. I think our ability to rationalize is central.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
You see, this is part of the problem. It's like pepper moths. It's called evolution but it isn't. What you've shown me is evidence of the yellow-bellied three-toed skink laying eggs to reproduce. But individuals of the same species living in the state's higher, colder mountains are almost all giving birth to live young.

When I say evolution I'm talking about something changing into something else. And not a Caterpillar changing into a butterfly, or a puppy changing into a dog, or a variety of finch that has a bigger beak than another. I'm talking about an ape changing into a human, or a bird changing into a lizard or a fish monkey having sex with a squirrel or something to make a retard fish frog . . . you see it coming, don't you?

So I gotta ask......how is it that you've spent so much time talking about evolution, yet you remain almost totally ignorant of its basics?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
That's the way I was taught in school and that's the way it has been presented to me in discussions such as these.

Well, then, perhaps you are relying on material that isn't so good. Evolutionary change happens over long periods of time (usually). It does NOT happen in an individual. It happens over generations, not over a lifetime. It works by small accumulations of change adding up to be large accumulations of change.

As an *analogy*, look at how languages have changed over time. At no point did 'Latin' morph suddenly into 'French'. No Latin speaker suddenly started to speak French. Each generation in the shift understood both their parents and their children. So the language didn't change so fast that those speaking noticed the changes. But still, the language changed over many generations. Now, the typical French speaker would not be able to understand Latin. They are different languages.

I'd point out that simultaneously, Spanish also formed from Latin by small changes accumulating over time. This is why both French and Spanish are called Latin or Romance languages: they have a common ancestral language. Both French and Spanish are languages in a common branch of human languages. Latin is *also* in that branch. So, French 'evolved' from a language in that branch into another language in that branch.

In this analogy, the 'branch' is analogous to the biological classification 'ape'. We can think of Latin being analogous to the ancestral ape and French as being analogous to humans. Spanish would be analogous to chimps. Just like French evolved out of the Latin language, which is in the same language family, humans evolved from an ancestral ape and are still classified as apes.

I hope this helps some.

Audie

Veteran Member
So I gotta ask......how is it that you've spent so much time talking about evolution, yet you remain almost totally ignorant of its basics?

Wish he would, a slightly more intelligent / informed creo pov
would be more worthwhile.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Wish he would, a slightly more intelligent / informed creo pov
would be more worthwhile.
Whenever I debate a subject, I at least make an effort to understand it so I don't come across as an uninformed idiot.

But maybe that's just me.

WalterTrull

Godfella
Ya know, from a theist point of view, I don't understand the metaphorical difference between creationism and evolutionism. The imagery could be seen as pretty much the same.

Audie

Veteran Member
Whenever I debate a subject, I at least make an effort to understand it so I don't come across as an uninformed idiot.

But maybe that's just me.

Maybe you dont seek out and encourage
opportunities for people to ridicule you.

Peter 4 14 and all that rot.

Milton Platt

In your own words? Without mentioning God? I don't mind linking to supporting evidence through links, but I don't have time to read various dissertations on the subject. Just provide the link WITH a small portion of text which is applicable. That way I have the pertinent information readily available and the link back if I need further information or need to check the source. I'm not big on sources, though, it doesn't matter to me if Einstein or Patrick from Spongebobsquarepants said the thing, but rather what is being said.

You don't mind respectful questions? Do you know the stuff?

If so, let's do it.

I will simply answer the questions that were asked in the movie. If you then request a link to information that supports the answer, I will be happy to look some up for you.
To keep it from getting impossibe to follow, ask one question at a time.
I not only don’t mind questions, I think they are necessary. I am not an authority on any of this stuff.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I will simply answer the questions that were asked in the movie. If you then request a link to information that supports the answer, I will be happy to look some up for you.
To keep it from getting impossibe to follow, ask one question at a time.
I not only don’t mind questions, I think they are necessary. I am not an authority on any of this stuff.
I would advise caution. In another thread I said that God did not have to be mentioned and tried to explain to him how the Adam and Eve myth is not thought to be necessary to Christianity by quite a few if not most Christians and he could not understand that and took it as "mentioning God" when we had not even started. He appears to be another Christian that conflates his personal version of Christianity with the only possible version of Christianity. In other words proving him wrong "disproves God" which of course only extreme literalists seem to believe.

If you demonstrate that the Adam and Eve story is a myth he may take that as "mentioning God".