• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Assumption Of Paul

The Assumption of Paul

In the
Illusions of Assumptions, we found out that the illusions created by their assumptions was the biggest factor in the disciples inability to know Messias. Out of all of his disciples, only Peter was able to correctly identify him when questioned. Now these disciples were not the only ones who became victims of their own assumptions. There was another prophet in the New Testament who was guilty of falling to the illusions of assumptions. He also became a product of his illusionary environment

The
prophet Paul became a victim of Israel’s assumptions. These assumptions led him to advocate and participate in the murder of Believers during his time. He truly had come to believe that they were worshipping another God and were therefore evil. This is what he had been taught. This is what his teachers had led him to believe. He had been deceived by those old fables and doctrines which were being promulgated by the so called scholars. He thought that he knewand understood God. He thought that he was doing God service. He thought that his cause was just. He did not know that he was killing his own family. By killing those believers Paul fulfilled a prophecy which is also being fulfilled in today‘s world. John 16:2They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. Paul did not realize his mistake until he was blinded while on his way to kill more Believers.

After his conversion Paul became very aware of the illusions that fables and false doctrines can produce. He was very aware of how your assumptions can become a very powerful tool for the wicked. He was aware of how they can be used to control and manipulate the masses. This is why he tries to warn future Believers in 2 Timothy 4:3-4(For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.) and Titus 1:14Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. Paul new that future Believers were bound to make the same assumptions and therefore make the same mistakes. He himself had been captivated by many of these fables. He himself had taught them to other people.

Now let us take a look at one of today’s biggest assumption, and let us see how it creates an almost impenetrable field of illusion. A majority of the end time assumptions are predicated on this fable of rapture. Many believers have come to believe that the tribulation cannot start, the Final Great Gentile Leader (Anti-Christ) will not come to power, and Messias will not arrive until certain Believers have disappeared magically into the clouds. You cannot even begin to fathom the amount of damage this assumption has created. Without your realisation, this fable has succeeded in creating a huge sense of complacency and a false sense of security amongst those who claim to believe. Just think about it; If you are not going to be here for the tribulation, why should you make preparations? Why should you look for the Messias? Why should you look for that Gentile Leader (Antichrist)?

This theory of course is promulgated and promoted by those in power. They use it to sell books and to make their filthy money, while those who are seduced are being prepared for the slaughter (
Isaiah 65:12, Jeremiah 50:27 ). It is a feel good story, and a doctrine which appeals to the vanity of many. It tickles the ears and makes many believe that one day that all of their problems will disappear as they head into the clouds. It has been used to convince many of their own righteousness and goodness. After all they are special. Everyone else must suffer through hardship and pain, but not them. They are better than Noah, Lot, Daniel, Paul, and all of the other prophets who had to suffer through their days of tribulation.

Unfortunately today’s Believers have succeeded in repeating Israel and Paul’s past mistakes. They have formed an image of God, Messias, and the world based on false assumptions. These false assumptions are now embedded in their doctrines and therefore in their psyches. They have succeeded in creating an alternate world that does not match God’s present reality. And in the process they have become the enemies of the LIVING GOD. Everything has changed. Because of these assumptions they have embraced the evil and eschewed the good. They have corrupted their ways and in the process have sealed their destinies. Woe unto them for good is now considered evil and evil is now considered good! Woe unto them whose hearts have hardened, for they refuse to change course and they refuse to repent! Woe unto them whose filthy imaginations have led them to follow after false gods! Woe unto them who hate the truth and love the lie!

“The Truth can be a bitter pill to swallow, but its healing powers are immeasurable”

Malachi 2:17 Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied [him]? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil[is]good in the sight of the LORD, and he delighteth in them; or, Where [is] the God of judgment?

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that callevilgood, and goodevil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Jeremiah 4:22 For my people [is] foolish, they have not known me; they [are] sottish children, and they have none understanding: they [are] wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

ticandy said:
So bottom line. What was Pauls Assumtion? That people will disapear before tribulation?

Good Day

Paul's assumption was that he was doing justice be killing people who were not of God. History repeats itself.

Peace

Mystic-als

I agree. Well said! Do you thin he knew he was acting out of his own (missguided) desires to please God? Thinking he's doing what God wanted.

ticandy said:
I agree. Well said! Do you thin he knew he was acting out of his own (missguided) desires to please God? Thinking he's doing what God wanted.

Good Day
Oh yes he even states so in Acts. He was over zealous. But he was also duped by the teachings and traditions of his teachers.

Acts 22:3 I am verily a man [which am] a Jew, born in Tarsus, [a city] in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, [and] taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.

Mystic-als

So this could mean (as a lesson) that we must be very careful not to assume we have the "right" way of doing things and that others are "wrong". Paul was part of killing for his belief. But then turned around and said oops.
I understand he spent the rest of his life serving the people he persecuted. Must have been a difficult life. An amazing man.

ticandy said:
So this could mean (as a lesson) that we must be very careful not to assume we have the "right" way of doing things and that others are "wrong". Paul was part of killing for his belief. But then turned around and said oops.
I understand he spent the rest of his life serving the people he persecuted. Must have been a difficult life. An amazing man.

Good Day

Look around you, and see history repeat itself.

joeboonda

I don't think Christians should argue at least to the point of non fellowship over nonessentials. Essentials, like that Christ died and rose again for our sins, yes, if you don't believe that, don't take the name Christian. But, on non essentials, like end time stuff, etc. agree to disagree. I personaly feel scripture supports a pre trib rapture more than not, and it is a 'blessed hope' of mine that I will be spared from going through the Great Tribulation. The thought that Christ could snatch us up at any time makes one want to be ready and watching and working when He returns. But, I won't argue about it, believe what you will, one thing is sure, He IS coming back!
Peace, Love...
Mike

Mystic-als

If christians don't even know their own faith how can they even think of serving Jesus or God in any way. Thats stupidity. Isn't it. It's like buying a car you think might have an engine but it's possible it has nothing under the hood.

ticandy said:
If christians don't even know their own faith how can they even think of serving Jesus or God in any way. Thats stupidity. Isn't it. It's like buying a car you think might have an engine but it's possible it has nothing under the hood.

Good Day
Believe it or not, there are people who will buy that car without looking under the hood.