• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ashbury Measles Revival.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
20,000 people possibly exposed to measles at Asbury revival: CDC | U.S. News

“Anyone who attended the revival on Feb. 18 may have been exposed to measles," Dr. Steven Stack, commissioner of the Kentucky Department for Public Health, said in a statement released last Friday, the last day of the event. "Attendees who are unvaccinated are encouraged to quarantine for 21 days and to seek immunization with the measles vaccine, which is safe and effective."

If people want to gather in groups for a religious experience, I think that is great. Admittedly it isn’t my thing, but I still think this is wonderful for those who enjoy this kind of thing. And by all accounts it was a wonderful positive experience.

I just wish more people would protect themselves and their community. Love your neighbour as you love yourself and get vaccinated.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
20,000 people possibly exposed to measles at Asbury revival: CDC | U.S. News

“Anyone who attended the revival on Feb. 18 may have been exposed to measles," Dr. Steven Stack, commissioner of the Kentucky Department for Public Health, said in a statement released last Friday, the last day of the event. "Attendees who are unvaccinated are encouraged to quarantine for 21 days and to seek immunization with the measles vaccine, which is safe and effective."

If people want to gather in groups for a religious experience, I think that is great. Admittedly it isn’t my thing, but I still think this is wonderful for those who enjoy this kind of thing. And by all accounts it was a wonderful positive experience.

I just wish more people would protect themselves and their community. Love your neighbour as you love yourself and get vaccinated.
Best to get that pot of chicken noodle soup going.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Best to get that pot of chicken noodle soup going.
I wonder about the hygienic and sanitary practices of those who are dismissive of preventative measures when it comes to sickness. Do they cover their mouths when they cough? Do they wash their hands after going to the toilet? Do they bathe? Do they wipe? Etc.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I wonder about the hygienic and sanitary practices of those who are dismissive of preventative measures when it comes to sickness. Do they cover their mouths when they cough? Do they wash their hands after going to the toilet? Do they bathe? Do they wipe? Etc.
Well with 20,000 people, I'd guess it's a hodgepodge of the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
They wipe but I doubt if they wash. And if you think about it that is even worse.