• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The art of letting go

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings everybody!

Hope you are feeling well and if you aren't i wish for you to return to okayness as soon as is humanly possible ...
I was not sure where to post this - I seem to have that problem a lot and you are probably thoroughly sick of hearing about my problems :)

Here's an article in a series that I found.

It's the art of letting go - here is a little taste -

Our life works so that we are born into living up to others’ expectations. It starts with fitting into our parents’ expectations and then goes through 12-15 years of living up to our teachers’ expectations and nothing at all focuses on living up to our own expectations. In fact, as I recall from my early years, adults said to me over and over again that life was not about what I expected while they did everything in their power to make me fit their expectations.

There are several problems with living life that way and the common thing between them is that they are motivated by the fear of not matching others’ expectations.

For the full article -

The Art of Letting Go: Living up to Others' Expectations | Family Matters

Scroll down the page for more letting go articles.

It looks a rather large site from first impressions!

Enjoy!

:)