• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The argument against Hell

Landerage

Araknor
Well it does matter cause God being a "big fat meanie" contradicts what we know about him. For example what we know of God in Jewish, Islamic and Christian text is God is merciful. Now in religions that exaggerate this claim, if Hell exist, and he sends a morally good atheist there it necessarily contradicts what we know of God's mercy.

You're right God can do anything. But who wants to follow someone who changes the rules unfairly all the time?

God have the greatest wisdom, and he wont punish a person who doesn't deserve to be punished. God is merciful towards all humans, but those who have faith in him, gets the bigest share of his mercy. And trust me, people who won heaven will give little care for those who are in hell, because they know that:" For God, all humans are equal"
If that atheist was invited to God's faith and he wasn't able to prove the inexistance of God (which is impossible), means he's denying his mercy, why would he get any share of that mercy, if during his life he wasn't seeking it?
God's rules are very clear, mercy is for those who deserve it and worked hard for it.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Well it does matter cause God being a "big fat meanie" contradicts what we know about him. For example what we know of God in Jewish, Islamic and Christian text is God is merciful. Now in religions that exaggerate this claim, if Hell exist, and he sends a morally good atheist there it necessarily contradicts what we know of God's mercy.

You're right God can do anything. But who wants to follow someone who changes the rules unfairly all the time?
Averroes the logic behind God sending people to hell is that if God is everything then everything else is nothing. Therefore an atheist regardless of how nice he might be to his fellow human being ... if such an atheist does not base his/her actions on the existence of God then those actions go to waste.

This justice is firmly rooted in the concept that if you remove God from the picture you are moving into nothingness.

If this still doesn't make sense let me know so that I can illustrate with examples.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Jayhawk you're hilarious! Are all Jews this funny? If so I need to attend a Jewish congregation.

I am being serioua by the way. You are literally making me laugh. I am still willing to discuss the issue you have with my previous comment
"Are all Jews ..." Interesting. I haven't been Jew-baited in quite some time.

Why not discuss you ridiculous and ignorant claim that ...
"... Hebrew scriptures also adopted idea of Sheol from the Romans Hades."​

Averroes

"Are all Jews ..." Interesting. I haven't been Jew-baited in quite some time.

Why not discuss you ridiculous and ignorant claim that ...
"... Hebrew scriptures also adopted idea of Sheol from the Romans Hades."​

[/FONT]

"Jew baited?"

Dude....I am being seriously stop being uptight and making this a anti-semetic thing....

The reason I find you hilarious is because I am purposefully ignoring you, and responding to others, yet I find you quoting me. Now the adult thing I would've assumed is, since you find me stupid, illogical, and in your words, disgusted (or disgusting) you continue to quote me. I find your sensitivities to what I've said amusing, thus the comment I've previously mentioned. Your constant badgering is amusing am female like, sorta like the women I have dumped in the past hence is why I called you a girl. I think I hit a nerve when I did that.

One thing I am not is an anti-Semetic dude. I have Jewish friends and I have a personal Jewish physician I attend who is also a rabbi and who also gave me his own personal copy of Maimonides' book "The guide for the perplexed" which I love. I love Maimonides' philosophy because why? He learned from Averroes!

Anyway miss me with all the "jew baiting" BS and grow up. Since you wish not to discuss with me then why are you responding? It was fun until you made it into an anti-jewish thing which it wasn't. No crawl in a hole somewhere​

Man of Faith

Unfortunately for the OP, the demons in the Bible knew about a place called hell that they didn’t want Jesus to send them to.