• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Apostle Paul - The great apostasy

kjw47

You tell your audience that all the correct answers will appear at the end of the story because you don't expect them to live that long and find out you're a false prophet.

I don't make prophecies--so your false reasoning is beating you.( Jeremiah 17:9) many hearts are mislead into false reasonings. We are at the end honey--Rev 13 has been occurring for years we are past that point. All have watched it occur--the blind guides and those who listen to them cannot see it.

Magus

How did Paul persecute a people that never existed in the 1st Century, the stories of Paul makes no historical sense at all, especially the Letters he wrote to Roman colonies, such as the Colonia Laus Iulia Corinthiensis (Roman colony of Corinth, founded by Julius Caesar), Colonia Victrix Philippensium ( Roman Colony), Ephesus ( Roman colony) and Galatia ( Roman colony founded by Augustus), all of which are associated with Rome and the Imperial cult.

Whom where Pauls' Audience , for example, Ephesus is where the temples of Dae Roma & Julius Caesar where located "Imperial Cult erected in the 1C AD in Ephesus with the permission of Augustus in honour of his adoptive father Julius Caesar," , Was Paul addressing the Imperial cultists.

Hawkins

No. If you believe in God. You should believe that He's in control of His own Word. You don't need to believe a god who lose control of his own book through which it is the only way humans can get to know who he is and what he wants.

Paul's epistles are part of the Word of God which was canonized seriously and under the control of God.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yeshua, implying that He didn't have a different name? How do you know His name as Yeshua?

I've read about him.
But there was not a Jesus until bout the 15th century.

I've read that He was Yeshua BarYosef, his stepdad was Yosef BarYacob and his Mum was Miriam BartaHeli. It's all there in the bible.....
And Celcius wrote in the 2nd century (that's when John wrote his gospel, I am told) that Yeshua's Dad may even have been identified.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I've read about him.
But there was not a Jesus until bout the 15th century.

I've read that He was Yeshua BarYosef, his stepdad was Yosef BarYacob and his Mum was Miriam BartaHeli. It's all there in the bible.....
And Celcius wrote in the 2nd century (that's when John wrote his gospel, I am told) that Yeshua's Dad may even have been identified.
Which gospels, do you consider forgeries?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Which gospels, do you consider forgeries?
Forgeries?
A forgery pretends to look like something else which is genuine, so forgery is not a good word, imo.

G-Mark is the most accurate account, copied by Matthew and Luke who relied upon mark's account because they did not know Yeshua. And 'No', Matthew was not Levi the Publican..... no way. :)
John's account is massively contrived, but even that had pericopes within that look quite genuine because they were not stapled to John's agenda.
Want an example amongst many? Please don't ask fotr the whole lot, though.......
Ummmm......... Ah, yes...... Judas's formal second name was BarSimeon (his other second name was a nicknmame based upon his former lifestyle). Now John had absolutely nothing to gain by telling us that info. So I like it.

Faithofchristian

I have a hypothesis. Jesus said that after him would come the great apostasy.
I believe that Paul may have been it. Paul was a persecutor of Christians who apparently had a miraculous change of heart on the Road to Damascus.

If there was one way to do a lot of damage, this would be it. Pretend to be converted, preach your own message as being from the Lord and see where that goes.

It is Paul's version of Christianity most Christians practice today. He wrote 14 books of the NT and set most of the rules of modern day Christianity and even introduced teachings in direct opposition or without direction from Jesus. 1 Corinthians 7:12

Jesus associated with tax collectors and sinners. It was Paul who said that wrongdoers should be removed from amongst the congregations.
It was Paul who said women should be silent. The list goes on.

So, I believe it was perhaps Paul who did more damage to the teachings of Christ then anyone else.

It's evidence that you have no clue what's so ever about Paul and the things he wrote about.
You made mention of 1 Cor 7:12 maybe you should back up at the beginning of chapter 7 and read, instead of picking out one verse and build a whole mountain off of it.
Many times Paul says, that he is speaking by permission, therefore Jesus has given unto Paul to speak.
You people are what is called a one verse Charlie.you take one verse and go about and try to build a whole mountain out of ant hill.

Seeing again you have no clue what so ever what Paul ment by women to be silent in church. Because women once they come together have a habit of talking to each other, for this is why Paul said that women should be silent in church. Because if everyone is busy talking others could not be able to hear what is being said in the church.
Paul is in no way is forbidden women to speak in the church, women are not to go about talking to others which would interfere with others of not hearing what is being said from a pastor in church. That's all. Have you ever been at a place where some is speaking but you can not hear because of people talking ?

Faithofchristian

Let's see if we're getting this right, You want people to believe that Paul is the great apostasy, is this right,?

But yet, Jesus stop Paul on the road to Damascus, this is being the conversion of Paul.
Just before this Paul was creating Havoc in the churches at this time.Paul was a well known scholar of scriptures. And jealous about the Gentiles being converted to accept his Messiah.which the Jews and Paul were not unacceptable to.

At first all the disciples were uneasy about Paul. But after they heard Paul preach the word of God vigorously and all the wonderful things Paul was doing for all the churches and converting the Gentiles, the disciples soon to accept Paul.

Paul was the one who preach about the great Apostasy of the end of days, the tribulation to the Gentiles.

In many of Paul's epistles ( letters) wrote about how we were predestined from the first earth age, to this second earth age that we are now in. That even in Peters epistles ( letters ) wrote about,the world that then was.That Peter wanted to stir up People's minds to the remembrance of that world that then was.

That throughout the old testament Prophets how they themselves wrote of these things of the world that then was.

This world that then was, to day we have paleontologist scientist and Christians paleontologist scientist in their diggings finding dinosaurs bones from that world that then was. That is Millions if not Billions of years ago.

Not even the world of scientist will even come close to describe what that world then was, Was really like.

Have you ever heard of the great city of Atlantis, that now lays beneath the ocean. What about the great pyramids in Egypt, which scientist can find no way of how to date them or how old they really are.

Seek God he will tell you, in his word, all about all these things and how and why the world that then was Perished.

That now to day we find all these things giving witness about that world that then was.

But as it is, mankind don't want to hear, but be skeptical in the giving their assumptions and speculations. But never coming to the knowledge of the truth. About that world that then was.

Last edited:

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
It's evidence that you have no clue what's so ever about Paul and the things he wrote about.
You made mention of 1 Cor 7:12 maybe you should back up at the beginning of chapter 7 and read, instead of picking out one verse and build a whole mountain off of it.
Many times Paul says, that he is speaking by permission, therefore Jesus has given unto Paul to speak.
You people are what is called a one verse Charlie.you take one verse and go about and try to build a whole mountain out of ant hill.

Seeing again you have no clue what so ever what Paul ment by women to be silent in church. Because women once they come together have a habit of talking to each other, for this is why Paul said that women should be silent in church. Because if everyone is busy talking others could not be able to hear what is being said in the church.
Paul is in no way is forbidden women to speak in the church, women are not to go about talking to others which would interfere with others of not hearing what is being said from a pastor in church. That's all. Have you ever been at a place where some is speaking but you can not hear because of people talking ?

Considering that you're responding to an OP who has not been seen on the forum in 4 1/2 years, it may be awhile before you get a response.

I know what the 666 represents. First, I believe either the whole Bible was symbolic and the characters weren't real or it isn't inspired by a God or a "son of God'. I have a lot of evidence to back that up also. So whether the mark is just something are afraid of taking or is a true revelation I don't know. I think someone who tries to make someone take the mark already has it themselves but doesn't know. The mark is anyone who believes they can be saved or believes they are saved but aren't. 0.666666 goes on forever but never reaches the number 1. Like a person who can never be a son of God. I also believe only God is and can be spirit, and that man is and can only be solid matter. Blasphemy would be when someone believes there is a devil which is actually impossible and represents someone in darkness. The devil was not mentioned much in the old testament except when him and his angels were thrown to heaven It specifically said the devil and 1/3 of the angels. The devil may have represented Jesus and his disciples and the spirit of God or something like that. But if 1/3 were thrown to earth and 2/3 remained in heaven, those people who believed those were angels would be blasphemers since only God is spirit. And also the mark would have been around forever, which is what Cain would have represented if the author was not inspired by God.