• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Anti-universe

meogi

This is simply a thought experiment I've been having and would like to share and discuss with you all.

Quantum physics has me stumped a bit. Particles and their antiparticles can pop into and out of existence, in a vacuum. Why can't the same be true of existence itself? We see an acceleration of the universe, but there could be an equal anti-acceleration, that just hasn't collided with us yet to cancel out.

There seems to be some sort of recursive pattern here. With existence popping into and out of existence, within existence. If that makes any sense...

Did the big bang also happen in 'reverse?' I wish this idea was testable in some manner... maybe it is. Thoughts?

Beyondo

M-theory is supposed to resolve all those issues, LOL. But as it turns out M-theory, a theory that has its own difficulties proving what it claims, has in addition, relied on the necessity for another unproven theory to make it all work, and that is a parallel universe....

So what really becomes the issue is how we can perceive the subatomic world. Unfortunately we can only measure the subatomic world in terms of mass and energy, but the behavior of particles is actually much more intelligent and cannot be described by just mass and energy. You might want to look at this thread:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/science-vs-religion/93537-can-universe-virtual-without-designer.html

So in terms of existence as we know it and how it actually comes about, is all underneath the hood in the block box of matter.