• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The anti-Christ?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
When the anti-Christ comes, how will we know that he or she is the anti-Christ?

Or will it not be obvious until it’s too late to stop him (or her)?

Indeed, can we resist the anti-Christ's nefarious designs?

And what are the anti-Christ's nefarious designs likely to be?

And could they even be resisted?

What does a person have to do to be considered the anti-Christ?

I have a gut feeling we are either in (or approaching) "end-times"

So I’m on the look-out for an anti-Christ figure to somehow emerge

But I’m not 100% sure what to look out for

Any ideas?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The anti-Christ is the mythical boogie man in the cave. Even between churches everybody, and all those the believe differently are accused to be following are anti-Christ.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Any ideas?

I would offer we must look within.

All that are not for Christ, are really a shadow of the anti Christ. The Antichrist is a station of the highest rejection. It is a person that has seen the Station of Christ in the Messenger and then tried to take that station for themselves.

A follower of Jesus could just as easily become a shadow of the Antichrist, by knowing of a Messenger, but not accepting Christ.

Christ is a station (Anointed One), Jesus when born was not known as Christ, but became known as the Christ. When Christ returned as promised, the name was not Jesus and the world again had the chance to accept Christ in a new name.

I see there is a Antichrist in each age, one that commits the grave error of knowing of and rejecting Christ, one who's rebellious spirit over time leads many astray.

That is my thought. Regards Tony

Miken

The antichrist appears in the NT only in the epistles of John. Despite Hollywood and the popular imagination, the antichrist does not appear in Revelation. (And BTW 666 is the number of the Beast who is not Satan.)

In the epistles of John, the antichrist is anyone who does not profess the proper doctrine about Christ, that Christ is the Son of God (in the supernatural sense) and came in the flesh. Denying that Jesus was the Son of God, that Jesus has been an ordinary human, removed the power of the sacrifice. Denying that Jesus came in the flesh also removes the meaning of the resurrection. Both of these were key tenets of proto-Christianity.

There are many antichrists, deniers of the divine nature of Jesus. John is talking in particular about members of his own community who left. He is cautioning remaining members not to fall into error and lose eternal life.

1 John 2
18 Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us. 20 But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge. 21 I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. 23 No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also. 24 Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that he made to us—eternal life.

1 John 4
1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.

2 John 1
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8 Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward. 9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, 11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

Any ideas?

What John was emphasizing at 1 John 2:19, was what Christ and the apostle Paul had earlier warned about to the members of the Christian congregation and of the religious leaders outside the congregation rejecting or not accepting what they taught. (Matthew 7:15; 2 Timothy 4:3, 4) Such people were referred to as apostates or antichrists. (2 Thessalonians 2:3-5; 1 John 2:18; 2 John 7) This is not inclusive to any one individual/s, but kingdoms, nations, and organizations are singularly shown to be part of the antichrist in the symbolic description at Revelations 17:8-15; 19:19-21.

wellwisher

If you look at science concepts, of matter and antimatter or positive and negative charge, these are equal but opposite. Therefore it is reasonable that one might infer the Anti-Christ by looking at the attributes of Jesus, and then defining the antichrist with the opposite.

For example, Jesus spoke of faith and the inner man, so the antiChrist will be big on law and the outward man. Instead of selfless like Jesus he will be egocentric.

Jesus preached a doctrine of love and acceptance of others, so the anti-christ will teach doctrines of hate and exclusion. Jesus had twelve apostles but the antichrist will only have one, who is called the false prophet.

Jesus did miracles; defies science explanations, of healing, so the antichrist will be destructive by means of science; weapons. He desecrates the sanctuary fortress and sets up the abomination of desolation. If you destroy the logistics of society, the enemies cannot organize, and the mob needs you for food and supplies; big government takes over.

Jesus taught forgiveness of sins, so the anti-christ will not be very forgiven. Jesus was called a drunk and glutton, so the antichrist will appear to be sober and health conscious. Jesus dies elevated on the cross, so the anti-christ will die in the pit of fire. Nobody can come to the Father except through the Son, so the antichrist will be the same, but relative to his father, Satan. There are other things.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Any ideas?

Paul together with the Pauline-Church, I understand, are the Anti-Christ and Anti-Jesus, I perceive, they had the mission to deviate the simple followers of Jesus from the path Moses and Jesus followed, please.
Doesn't one know them, please?
Right?

Regards

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
So does the Bible say there will be a "THE anti-Christ" anywhere, or is it just something churches say?

But according to what I've heard from some Christians though, the anti-Christ is a figure that may appear near the end of time, powerful or influential, and leads people astray.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Paul together with the Pauline-Church, I understand, are the Anti-Christ and Anti-Jesus, I perceive, they had the mission to deviate the simple followers of Jesus from the path Moses and Jesus followed, please.
Doesn't one know them, please?
Right?
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad - the Second Coming- Imam Mahdi has well explained:
  • ” Dajjal ( or Anti-Christ) is not the name of one man.
  • According to the Arabic lexicon, Dajjal signifies a group of people
  • who present themselves as trustworthy and pious, but are neither trustworthy nor pious.
  • Rather, everything they say is full of dishonesty and deceit.
  • This characteristic is to be found in the class of Christians known as the clergy.
  • Another group is that of the philosophers and thinkers who are busy trying to assume control of machines, industries and the Divine scheme of things.
  • They are the Dajjal ( or Anti-Christ) because they deceive God’s creatures by their actions and tall claims as if they are partners in God’s dominion.
  • The clergy are arrogating to themselves the status of Prophethood because they ignore the true heavenly Gospel and spread a perverted and corrupted version as the supposed translation of the Gospel.
(Kitab-ul-Bariyyah, Ruhani Khazain, Volume 13, Pages 243-244, Footnote)

The reason why in some ahadith Dajjal is referred to as “al-Masih” is because the Dajjal( or Anti-Christ) would be spreading falsehood under the name of the Messiah, which was given to Isa/Jesus. This name is also given to Dajjal since it would be doing evil work in the name of Isa/Jesus which in reality will be complete falsehood with no truth behind it.
Right?

Regards