• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Answer for the Racial Divide - One Blood!

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
At first I thought this must have been shot prior to the Covid-19 pandemic. Then I saw maybe 12 people in the crowds wearing masks. While raising our voices together in song, it also raises a mushroom cloud of fine water droplets ascending and descending with their voices onto everyone around them. And like bringing home take-out Chinese food, their families and friends and elderly parents will get a misfortune cookie with that takeout order from the church.

Even our protestors here work masks as they protested, for the most part. But we should expect to see a swell of infections to raise substantially over the next two weeks. I really don't understand why most of those in this video did not cover their mouths and noses around everyone else. That kind of detracts from the whole "loving each other" thing.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
At first I thought this must have been shot prior to the Covid-19 pandemic. Then I saw maybe 12 people in the crowds wearing masks. While raising our voices together in song, it also raises a mushroom cloud of fine water droplets ascending and descending with their voices onto everyone around them. And like bringing home take-out Chinese food, their families and friends and elderly parents will get a misfortune cookie with that that takeout order.

Even our protestors here work masks as they protested, for the most part. But we should expect to see a swell of infections to raise substantially over the next two weeks. I really don't understand why most of those in this video did not cover their mouths and noses around everyone else. That kind of detracts from the who thing.
But did you notice racial harmony, love instead of hate, kindness instead of violence, the building up instead of destroying, words in prayer of love instead of words that destroy and promote hatred.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But did you notice racial harmony, love instead of hate, kindness instead of violence, the building up instead of destroying, words in prayer of love instead of words that destroy and promote hatred.
Sure, I saw that. But faith needs to be wise and tempered with good health practices. That would send a stronger message, loving and responsible for their neighbor's health. "We shall overcome", is not helped along by giving each other a disease which kills them.

I'm afraid of what we're going to be seeing in the next two weeks following all this. Much of it could have been prevented. And what impressed me, is how few in that group had masks on, with their close proximity to each other, while singing loudly spraying water droplets far greater distances than just normal talking. Not even the 6000 protestors on the 35W bridge here, looked that unprotected.

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Nothing says "we're one race! I love you!" like forgoing essential precautions and showing the world that COVID-19 doesn't discriminate between races.

The U.S. is becoming a hilarious circus without the interesting segments.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The back and forth in this thread underlines for me the essential collision of this time.

We have a "President" preaching hatred and using the law enforcement to attack peaceful protesters so he can have a photo-op.

We have a pandemic where people are called to care for others by wearing masks. Caring that way is a form of love.

We have racial injustice that has created a firestorm of protest and looting.

It's too bad that caring in the form of wearing masks and caring for people of different races did not come together.

Kenny

Premium Member
The back and forth in this thread underlines for me the essential collision of this time.

We have a "President" preaching hatred and using the law enforcement to attack peaceful protesters so he can have a photo-op.

We have a pandemic where people are called to care for others by wearing masks. Caring that way is a form of love.

We have racial injustice that has created a firestorm of protest and looting.

It's too bad that caring in the form of wearing masks and caring for people of different races did not come together.

But let us, at least, rejoice in the steps in the right direction lest we loose altitude for the lack of gratitude.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Trump certainly hasn't been doing this. What "love" do you ever hear coming from his lips? Which "kindness"? Which "words of prayer"?

Trump openly admitted that he took his cues from Roy Cohn of "Red Scare" notoriety and who was Joseph McCarthy's lawyer. And he taught Trump to always play offense and to never apologize. The Trump's hired him as their main lawyer decades ago, and he was as crooked as the day is long, thus eventually getting disbarred. He also served as an advisor to Roger Stone.

Here: Roy Cohn - Wikipedia

Kenny

Premium Member
Trump certainly hasn't been doing this. What "love" do you ever hear coming from his lips? Which "kindness"? Which "words of prayer"?

Trump openly admitted that he took his cues from Roy Cohn of "Red Scare" notoriety and who was Joseph McCarthy's lawyer. And he taught Trump to always play offense and to never apologize. The Trump's hired him as their main lawyer decades ago, and he was as crooked as the day is long, thus eventually getting disbarred. He also served as an advisor to Roger Stone.

Here: Roy Cohn - Wikipedia
Can't argue with that!!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Lemme guess. Jesus?:D
I'm not a Christian, of course, but if Christians want to celebrate treating each other as brothers and sisters in spite of race etc, I'm all for it.

And it's even better when they can celebrate life with others who have different beliefs.