• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Anatomy of God

Skwim

Veteran Member
.T

Consider this well known representation of the trinity.

trinity-graphic.png

While kind of clever, in light of a lot of statements that have been made about the Son and the Father it seems the three aren't at all as equal as represented above. For one thing, Jesus is only god's son; the father being a much larger figure than the son, and the Holy Spirit. So perhaps a better representation of the trinity would be the following:

trinity symbol.png

So, is this the way you see it; the father being a much larger component of

god in a circle.png

than Jesus and the Holy Spirit? Maybe like

god's composition.png

The true anatomy of GOD
?

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I'd probably go along with your second diagram before I'd go along with either your first or your third, but with one difference. I'd make "the Son" second largest and "the Holy Spirit" the smallest.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
.T

trinity-graphic.png

While kind of clever, in light of a lot of statements that have been made about the Son and the Father it seems the three aren't at all as equal as represented above. For one thing, Jesus is only god's son; the father being a much larger figure than the son, and the Holy Spirit. So perhaps a better representation of the trinity would be following:

View attachment 23764
The true anatomy of GOD
?

You make the trinity SOOOO complicated, I tell ya

Stanyon

WWMRD?
the holy spirit is in your third eye, you don't have to focus, you just have to let it be. I've rode to Sturgis twice in my lifetime, probably won' t be back again due to over commercialization in my eyes. They had a T.V. show series tent selling crap last year, that did it for me.. the traffic jam didn't help anything.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
You make the trinity SOOOO complicated, I tell ya
That reminds me of a joke I once heard about the mainstream Christian doctrine of the Trinity. (For anyone who doesn't "get it," It's based on the conversation Jesus Christ had with Peter in Matthew 16.)

Jesus said, Whom do men say that I am?

And his disciples answered and said, Some say you are John the Baptist returned from the dead; others say Elias, or other of the old prophets.

And Jesus answered and said, But whom do you say that I am?

Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Logos, existing in the Father as His rationality and then, by an act of His will, being generated, in consideration of the various functions by which God is related to his creation, but only on the fact that Scripture speaks of a Father, and a Son, and a Holy Spirit, each member of the Trinity being coequal with every other member, and each acting inseparably with and interpenetrating every other member, but an economic subordination within God, a division which makes the substance no longer simple."

And Jesus answering, said, "What?"

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
.T

trinity-graphic.png

While kind of clever, in light of a lot of statements that have been made about the Son and the Father it seems the three aren't at all as equal as represented above. For one thing, Jesus is only god's son; the father being a much larger figure than the son, and the Holy Spirit. So perhaps a better representation of the trinity would be following:

View attachment 23764
The true anatomy of GOD
?

I dont have a sketch on my tablet; so..

God just means divinity and perfection

The creator is god (he is divinity and perfection)

The son is god (he becomes divinity and perfection incarnated from his father-like father like son)

The holy spirit is god (the spirit is the motor or verb to which divinity is given from christ and christ is given from his father)

God is a descriptor not a person. Its an adjective that descripes a person, place, or thing. God just means divinity.

The creator is divine
The son is divine
The spirit (which is holy) is divine

Hence they are all god

So, it would be more god is on the outside of the circle. Christ the next one in. The believer the third and the holy spirit the fourth.

The whole circle is called god
God, his role, is the biggest one that covers all other circles
The next is his son (second best)
The third is the believer with whom is below the son and father (going in lines of degression)
The holy spirit is in the middle; the core of it all.

Since father and son are related, one is not over another but interrelated as a family unit.

The spirit of that family unit holds that
That reminds me of a joke I once heard about the mainstream Christian doctrine of the Trinity. (For anyone who doesn't "get it," It's based on the conversation Jesus Christ had with Peter in Matthew 16.)

Jesus said, Whom do men say that I am?

And his disciples answered and said, Some say you are John the Baptist returned from the dead; others say Elias, or other of the old prophets.

And Jesus answered and said, But whom do you say that I am?

Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Logos, existing in the Father as His rationality and then, by an act of His will, being generated, in consideration of the various functions by which God is related to his creation, but only on the fact that Scripture speaks of a Father, and a Son, and a Holy Spirit, each member of the Trinity being coequal with every other member, and each acting inseparably with and interpenetrating every other member, but an economic subordination within God, a division which makes the substance no longer simple."

And Jesus answering, said, "What?"

....Looks at Jesus

:rolleyes: Basically. My thoughts exactly.

Ellen Brown

.T

trinity-graphic.png

View attachment 23764
The true anatomy of GOD
?

Ellen Brown

I want to reply, but I am in a lot of pain, and can't just go to bed yet.

I've never been a Trinitarian, though used to keep it quiet.

God is the one God, supreme over every thing. Jesus does his will. The Holy Spirit, we just don't fully get.

.T

trinity-graphic.png

View attachment 23764
The true anatomy of GOD
?

The Trinity never made sense in the first place especially if your whole basis of a religion is based off a Monotheistical wandering tribes of nomads.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Hello. If Trinitarianism is correct then the first diagram (orthodoxy) is correct.

If you are not (as, IMHO, was the case of the first generation or two of Christians), then the second one.

JW cite John 14:28 and 1 Corinthians 11:3 in their rejection of the Trinity and I think they have a strong case.

Peace

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
.T

trinity-graphic.png

View attachment 23764
The true anatomy of GOD
?

There is a little bit of truth in your proposal but it breaks down at some point because there is no God is one part is missing and again, especially since you can blaspheme the Father and Son but not the Holy Spirit

Of course, the concept of a tri-une being has been around since the first century and for a triune man, even in the Tannakh. A great help is the following:

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 7.55.13 AM.png
This helps in understanding. Yes, your spirit is the most important part but yet it is useless without your soul and body. Although the body, at this point, is the least important, yet it still extremely important in all aspects and more-so when we get our new body.

But notice how easy it is to understand the realities of a tri-une being.

Last edited:

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
According to Catholicism God/3=God so Father=God Son=God and HS=God so Father=Son but if Jesus<Father either Jesus!=God or God*3>God. Now if God*3>God then God<Omnipotent/present/etc and "things fall apart; the centre cannot hold". So Jesus==God yet Jesus<Father => God==Father+Son+HS and the Body+Blood=Son<God then it follows that Body<Son and Blood<Son and Christ is divided. I think that's where the Trinity diagram with variable pie slices breaks down, that is if God=Father+Son+HS and Son<Father then Body<Son and Blood<Son. So the Catholic Trinity diagram has to be drawn such that all the pie slices are the same size so that Son=Father which is problematic with scripture; the Father knows "Stuff" Jesus (the Son) doesn't know so the Father pie slice should be a little bigger than the Son pie slice... but then it follows that the Son pie slice is composed of the Body and Blood pie slices so that Body<Son and Blood<Son which is problematic with the Catholic teaching that Body==Son and/or Blood==Son. At this point I think the Catholics labeled the Trinity a "mystery" that no one can possibly understand which is fine, but Catholicism requires "believing" in the Trinity (diagram) to be a central tenet to the faith? I think the fall of man is another such mystery that has to be accepted which in turn requires a literal belief in Adam and Eve and the proceeding creationism. Just saying I don't think the point of the thing is to make sense out of it.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
I thought we were talking about how well endowed god is.:eek:
Guess not.
Probably pretty big, though.;)

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
.T

trinity-graphic.png

View attachment 23764
The true anatomy of GOD
?

this is the form

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

mind, body, spirit complex = god = love of all as all, the golden rule.

mind = mind is the creator(father)
body = son
spirit = soul(mother)

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Its: creator + spirit + savior = god to the 3rd power (Calling three divided persons to describe them as tri-une family)

Its not: creator = spirit = savior = god (By definition, this isnt a triune nor triad nor trinity. It doesnt explain the relationship between each person. The equation doesnt make sense anyway.)

Its like saying 1 = 1 = 1 is 1

Maybe using 1 x 1 x 1 = 1 would do.

But what is the function (or what does X represent) when comparing it relationship between the trinune group?

+ is better because it shows the relationshp between the three persons while not saying they are each other even though they represent the same thing as a unit not individually.

So is wrong to say jesus is god because in a trinue, it requires thre to be god. When yous separate the person, its unique in itself (4 isnt 2 and 2 isnt 9) yet they are all numbers and you can use them all to create a sum of those numbers.

People make the trinity so complicated.

When you say a chair, couch, and night stand = furniture, that mkaes sense. If you say chair is a couch is a night stand is furniture, that doesnt make sense

Trinity works as a unit. Jesus isnt god. But as part of the equation, in it he is.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
There is a little bit of truth in your proposal but it breaks down at some point because there is no God is one part is missing and again, especially since you can blaspheme the Father and Son but not the Holy Spirit

Of course, the concept of a tri-une being has been around since the first century and for a triune man, even in the Tannakh. A great help is the following:

View attachment 23768This helps in understanding. Yes, your spirit is the most important part but yet it is useless without your soul and body. Although the body, at this point, is the least important, yet it still extremely important in all aspects and more-so when we get our new body.

But notice how easy it is to understand the realities of a tri-une being.
Your diagram was helpful to envision how 3 parts can make up one entity.

However, it was my impression that the 3 parts of the Trinity weren’t intended to be considered merely parts. They are wholly God in their own right. Not sure if that is your belief. If so, your illustration starts to break down. The Body is not wholly Me, nor the Spirit, or Soul. Those are merely parts of me.

Rather than think of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as “parts”, I think of them as aspects. (Although this too has issues since the 3 are also supposed to be considered wholly themselves.)

My preferred illustration is that of the different phases of H2O. We have Ice, Water, and Vapor. All are different forms of the same thing— H2O— but none are the same thing as the other— ice is not water, and water is not vapor.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Your diagram was helpful to envision how 3 parts can make up one entity.

However, it was my impression that the 3 parts of the Trinity weren’t intended to be considered merely parts. They are wholly God in their own right. Not sure if that is your belief. If so, your illustration starts to break down. The Body is not wholly Me, nor the Spirit, or Soul. Those are merely parts of me.

Rather than think of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as “parts”, I think of them as aspects. (Although this too has issues since the 3 are also supposed to be considered wholly themselves.)

My preferred illustration is that of the different phases of H2O. We have Ice, Water, and Vapor. All are different forms of the same thing— H2O— but none are the same thing as the other— ice is not water, and water is not vapor.

I took a course on this very subject and found out that as soon as we have three "parts" each being wholly God,.we come to the conclusion that it is just one God. Then as soon as we come to the conclusion that it is one God, we come to the conclusion that it is three parts that is wholly God.

That's why I like the diagram... because though my body is not wholly me... it is still wholly me, physically. But without a part, it wouldn't be wholly me.

At some point we have to realize our limited mindset is trying to wrap itself around an unlimited God... something that can't be done.